Chapter 23

*Check out the video in the media area. It's the song "What Now" by Rihanna. I feel it's a good song that portrays the emotions of several of the characters in this story. 

Happy reading... and listening :)*

.

Author's POV

~Sunday, Winter Break~

Sam and Becca decided to spend the day at the mall. Becca had invited Khalil and Diggy to join, but it was said that Diggy wouldn't come if Sam was there. However, in the end, the girls and guys agreed to travel apart so tensions wouldn't rise.

The girls were looking at clothes in Forever 21 while discussing the crazy gossip that Jake had revealed the other day.

"Seriously, how much crazy drama is going on with Julie right now?! I can't believe she would do that. I can't believe she even acts that way. She totally didn't seem like this much trouble when I first met her. I might have to cut her from the cheer squad if she gives us a bad name," Becca complains as she skims through the hangers of jean jackets.

"I told you! I knew from the START that that thang was up to something. I knew something was fishy with her," Sam exclaims.

"I was just trying to be nice," Becca continues. "But now, I see that she has problems. That's not okay."

"You know, it wasn't Julie that came up with the fundraiser idea, it was actually me. I asked her if she could chip in and help Jake get some extra money for college, and then she treats him like crap! Oooh, I swear if I see her, she will be in a choke hold in seconds!"

"Poor Jake..." Becca sighs, "You know, at practice this week... Julie dropped a box of pregnancy tests in the bathroom. That's why she was throwing up. Can you believe that?" She says the last part in more of a whisper.

"Oh, I believe it..." Sam replies.

"I wonder if she's pregnant..."

"...she is."

"How do you know?" Becca looks at Sam and Sam looks back without saying anything. Crossing her arms, Becca waits until her friend spills the beans.

"Okay..." Sam finally confesses, "Diggy told me that he slept with her, and she told him that she's pregnant with his baby."

"WHAT?! Are you serious right now?!" Becca exclaims in disbelief.

"Shhh! It could or couldn't be his baby though..."

"But it is, isn't it?"

Sam lets out a big sigh and continues looking through the racks of clothes.

***

"...I'm just tired of the BS man. School ain't even halfway through and there's already drama. I'm irritated!" Diggy tells Khalil as they look around at some sneakers inside of Foot Locker.

"I hear you, man. This is crazy," Khalil adds.

"I thought Jake was one of my boys and I catch him trying to sleep with my ex-girlfriend one day after we broke up?! What kind of crazy mess is that?!"

"Sir, I'm gonna ask if you can please lower your voice in the store," said one of the employees. Diggy simply nodded and walked to the other side of the store with Khalil close behind.

"Trust nobody, man. Not Julie, not Jake, not Chris, or Sam. You can't rely on anybody but yourself these days..." Diggy continues while clenching his jaw. "But that's alright. I ain't worried. But best believe the next time I see them, I will give them hell."