Chapter 66

DIGGY's POV

It was the beginning of spring break week and I was planning on throwing the most slammin' party tonight. Everything was ready. The food, the music, the decorations, the location (my house). There would be no parents and no annoying younger siblings. Just me, a group of friends from school, and a big old house all to ourselves. What could possibly go wrong?

"Dana..."

"Hey, boo. I mean, Diggy. Did you miss me?" She asks while posing at my doorway wearing a tight little red dress that stops just above her knees, along with some heels and a sweater to match. She stuntin' on 'em, I can't lie.

"I mean, I've been alright. Thanks for asking," I reply as she steps into the foyer of my house as I close the door behind her.

"Ugh, just say yes. It's okay. I know you did..." Dana replies while facing me and undressing me with her eyes. I bite my lip at her intense stare. "How do I look? I look good, don't I?"

She does... she really does...

"You look great. Thanks for coming," I reply with much control. I can't be over here drooling at her, even if her skin looks extra shiny and her cleavage is playing peek-a-boo with my eyes. I clear my throat and focus on the task at hand: being a good party host. "You're the first one here. Let me show you into the kitchen and get you a drink."

"Don't mind if I do..." She replies as she follows me into my kitchen, which has been decked out in party decorations and a huge sign that says 'Happy 19th Birthday, Diggy!'. A row of hot food rests in warming trays on the counter, and on another table is a row of sodas, juices, and some alcohol-free wine coolers. I may not be able to legally drink yet, but I can still get it fake poppin'.

"What would you like to drink?"

"Mm... are you on the menu?" Dana says while biting her fingernail.

I roll my eyes and chuckle at her antics. "Girl, if you don't stop flirting and answer the question. Or I'm gonna give you some water."

"Fine!" She smiles. "I'll take a wine cooler-- ooh, and it's peach flavored! I love peaches."

"There you go." I expertly open the cold bottled drink and hand it to her.

"They're so juicy... like me..." She giggles while taking a long sip of her drink, never breaking eye contact with me. "So what should we do to pass the time until your guests arrive, birthday boy?"

"Well, we could talk..."

"Watchu wanna talk about?" Dana puts her hand on her hip.

"Do you have any plans for spring break?"

"Not really. But this is a nice start to the week..." She smirks and takes a sip of her drink, glancing around the room until her eyes land on the DDR floor mats and projector set up across the room. "You got Dance, Dance Revolution? That looks fun. What else you got planned?"

"I got some video games set up in the living room, I have music, and maybe a few other games we could play. I just plan on keeping it chill and fun," I reply while rubbing my hands together. Suddenly, the doorbell rang. "Oh, someone's here. You can chill right here by the refreshments or take a seat over there. Enjoy the music. I'll be right back."

I leave the kitchen and walk to the front door. I open it and see Khalil and Becca with welcoming faces. Seeing two of my closest friends puts a smile on my face. We haven't been hanging out like we used to because of school responsibilities and drama surrounding a certain person, so I was glad to see them here at my house to celebrate my birthday.