Chapter 7

SAM's POV

~At the bowling alley~

Me and my friends made a date to hang at the bowling alley today. Just another one of our favorite spots to chill. Maybe a few hours of fun can get my mind off of drama at school. I'm willing to not yell at anyone tonight and be more calm and listen for a chance, since Diggy said that I have a big mouth. He ain't lyin' though.

Becca had picked herself out a pink bowling ball that weighed six pounds. I picked out a random ten pound ball and the guys picked up twelve pound bowling balls. We set them down at our area and started bowling.

"Did you see the game the other night?" Khalil asked Diggy.

"Yeah, man, that was crazy! Lebron was killing 'em, yo!" Diggy replied.

"I know. Man, Howard... I don't know what he was on but he needa go!"

"He's nothing compared to the other players on his team. Kobe saved his butt when he missed that pass--"

"I KNOW! They lost anyway, but still! That's crazy, dawg, crazy!" Diggy exclaimed, finishing his turn. Becca stood up to start her turn.

"Will you both just shut up? All you talk about is basketball," she complained, "Why don't you ask us what we want to talk about for once?" She was referring to us girls.

Khalil rolled his eyes and replied, "Um, because you're just gonna talk about boys."

"So? What's wrong with that?" Becca replied.

"It's annoying, that's what's wrong with it," Khalil replied back, fixing his black snapback with the word 'OBEY' on it.

"Whatever. I'm changing the subject anyway. I didn't wanna bring it up, but what do you think Julie has with Chris?" She bowls and knocks down five pins.

"What do you mean?" Diggy asked. He was sitting to my left (with a seat in between us) on his phone.

"You know how she said she was talking to Chris about the rumor and he told her what happened. How does she even know him? She just got here."

"Well, she is a cheerleader... they know everybody," I say, leaning back in the chair.

"I'm a cheerleader too, but I don't know every dude on the basketball team." Becca bowled again and knocked down the remaining  five pins.

"You're not a hoe..." I reply, making Khalil laugh.

"Sam, don't say that about Julie!" Diggy yelled.

"There you go defending her again. Diggy, how many times do I have to tell you -- you don't know her! She's sneaky--"

"No. YOU don't know her, Sam. Stop acting like you know everything because you don't..." He furrowed his brows and returned his attention back to his phone.

Becca rolled her eyes and turned to face us. 

"Forreal, guys, I'm just wondering how she knows Chris already."

"If you need to know, I introduced her to him the other day at school," Diggy confessed while texting.

"Oh... okay." Becca sat down in between Khalil and I. I sat up in the chair and stood up to take my turn.

"Yeah. She seemed really eager to meet him too."

"I saw them the other day..." Becca said softly. Why is she talking all low?

"Okay?" Diggy looked at her.

"They were in the hallway as I was walking to the restroom... Julie leaned her back against the wall and Chris was in front of her, like, with his hand leaning against the wall beside her head. And she was smiling and giggling... and messing with his varsity jacket. Then, I saw Chris kiss her cheek and they departed ways. It was weird..."