Chapter 41

**guy in the picture is Jake*

SAM's POV

~The Next Morning~ 

Spanish class was starting in a few minutes and me and Jake were chatting at our desks. The class was half full. Our teacher, Mrs. Raymond, was at her desk reading the textbook. Hopefully, today goes by fast like it did yesterday because I'm too cold to do any work! There were snow flurries this morning when I was driving to school and it's supposed to snow a little again this evening, but I hope not.

Anyway, I thought I'd apologize to Jake for my mom's behavior last night at dinner. He said it didn't bother him, and that she was just looking out for her daughter. He also mentioned that my mom could've been stressed about the upcoming wedding with Antonio and she took her worries out on us. Maybe... I guess... but just because she's getting married doesn't give her the excuse to be all emotional and act all upset! I don't care!

RIINNNNNNNNNNNGGGG!!

"Morning, class. Please take out your homework from last night..."

We followed our teacher's instructions. She told us to switch papers with a neighbor beside us and grade each other's papers while she read the answers. So Me, Jake, and Diggy traded papers since Julie hadn't shown up yet. After grading, we got our papers back from our neighbors to look over. Mrs. Raymond then went over some of the homework questions that a lot of people got wrong before we handed our homework to her. 

Next, we started a new lesson from our textbooks and did the activities to go along with them. I checked the clock to see that it was already 20 minutes after the hour, not too bad. As we started the vocabulary section, Julie busted into the class late, again. Mrs. Raymond looked up from her book and spotted Julie rushing to her seat beside Diggy. She was wearing a green military-style hoodie (with the hood up) and leggings again. She looked a bit pale, too. 

"Ms. Martinez, it's good to see you could make it to class although you're late again. Do you have a pass this time?" Mrs. Raymond asked.

"Yeah..." Julie held up a piece of paper.

"Bring it here, please."

With a soft sigh, Julie walked up to the front of the room to give her the slip. The teacher whispered something to her before she was able to come back to her seat. She took her hood down and then pulled a granola bar from her pocket before eating it. The class was extra quiet as this all happened; it felt like people wanted to stare at Julie. 

After that, the teacher went back to going over vocabulary, but barely a minute passed and someone's phone started vibrating. It was Julie's. She quickly stopped the vibrations on her phone and put it away. Mrs. Raymond looked up for a second but didn't say anything...

~10 minutes until the end of class~

The teacher gave us time at the end of class to work on homework or just chill. Of course... I wasn't doing no homework. I leaned back in my chair and scrolled through my social media sites while talking to Jake. 

DIGGY's POV

I put my Spanish homework in my folder to work on later and took out my phone. Julie must've turned her phone back on because it was vibrating like every second. Who the heck blowing up her phone? It was lowkey annoying, but whatever.

"Ugh..." She groaned. 

I peeped a look at her, then continued scrolling through social media. Some guys sitting in front of us were laughing obnoxiously over something on their phones. I looked up at them; Julie did too. One of the guys looked directly at her and winked and Julie sighed. Okay, I feel like something's going on, but I'm minding my business.