Chapter 4

**girl in picture is Becca

SAM's POV

~Later that night~

After school, my homies Becca, Khalil, Diggy and I went to Johnny Rockets to eat dinner. This is Diggy's favorite place to eat mostly because he loves their hamburgers. We come here maybe once a week... at Dig's request of course.

"So you'll have a double cheeseburger with extra pickles, onions, tomatoes and mustard, with a side of fries, and a large chocolate milkshake?" The waiter asked Diggy.

"Yep."

"Alright, I'll be out with all of your orders," the waiter grabbed our menus on his way out.

"I still can't believe how much you guys eat," Becca said, sipping on her glass of water.

"I still can't believe how little you eat," Khalil said, gulping down his Dr. Pepper the waiter brought him earlier.

"Yeah, girl, how's that diet going for you?" I ask.

"It's good actually. I'm losing like 5 pounds a day!"

"And you're happy about that because?"

"What, you trying to slim down from size 5 to a size toothpick?" Khalil laughs at his own joke.

Becca rolls her eyes at him. "No. It's called staying in shape for cheerleading."

"I still don't get why you cheerleaders have to do these crazy diets just to stay on the team," Diggy commented.

"It's not just to stay on the team, it's so we can be physically fit to do our routines and not break out with pimples by eating greasy foods like hamburgers."

"A hamburger a day keeps the doctor away though..." Diggy smirks.

"Not really, Diggy. You're on the b-ball team; the coach doesn't even like you guys eating that anyway," Becca protests.

"Well, the coach isn't here is he?" I say. "While you're starving yourself, we're gonna stuff our faces until we puke mountains of gold!"

Becca rolls her eyes at me and I smile at her. I love picking on my friend.

"The ironic thing is that you're skinny but you still got a nice-- uhh... uhh..." Khalil started before his voice trailed off. He looked nervous.

"Yes, Khalil?" Becca asked, curious.

"...You have a nice pair of shoes..." 

Oh boy, he's pathetic.

"Mhmm..."

~After the food arrives~

I decide to grill my bestie about Julie.

"So... Daniel..." I begin.

"Whoa. Sam, you never call me that," Diggy puts down his burger, "What's going on?"

"Oh, be calm. How was your day today?" I ask with a grin.

"It was good. What do you want?" He asks with suspicion in his voice.

"That's swaggy. Did you enjoy basketball practice?"

"Um, yeah... what do you want?"

I ignore him and continue.

"That's awesome, bro! Uh, what about Spanish? Are you struggling with anything or distracted by anything... or anyone in particular that you wanna share--?"