Chapter 65

SAM's POV

It's been a few weeks since the wedding, and my mom and Antonio were as happy as ever. Since I saw him every day before and after school, we had gotten more opportunities to hang out together and spend what my mom calls "quality time" together. We would watch movies at home, bake a few meals together, go out to eat, etc. They even invited Mrs. Justine and Mr. Joe over a couple of times just to talk. It was so sweet to see my mom in a positive mood each day, and that was all thanks to Antonio.

I wish my school life was as exciting as my home life. Day after day, it's just homework, test, repeat. I felt like a zombie instead of a student. School days passed like seconds on a clock... pretty soon, it would be finals week and then I'd finally be a high school graduate. But there were a few more hurdles until I reached the sweet finish line! One of them was this research paper from one of my elective classes.

I was sitting in the library studying -- can you believe that?! Ya girl is out here about these books tryna get this good grade! Mama G would love to see it! Anyway, as I'm grabbing another huge book from the shelf to take to my seat, I get a text from Jake.

JAKE: What u doing? ;)

ME: Wait for it... studying! You'd be so proud of me.

JAKE: Really? On a Friday after school? 

ME: IKR? But I have this research paper due in one week and I cannot get behind. So this weekend will be filled with books and reading and notes and typing. No distractions. Honestly, I shouldn't even be texting you right now.

I put my phone down and get back to work, flipping through pages of books to find the answer to my studies. Seconds later, my phone beeps again. I sigh and pick it up, reading the message.

JAKE: Aww, that's too bad :( I have a serious problem...

ME: Are you hurt? You need me 2 call 911?

JAKE: Nah, nothing like that.

ME: Then you can figure it out yourself, no? Gotta blast!

I sigh and put my phone down, trying to ignore the urge to pick it up again and read Jake's response. I seriously need to focus on this research paper. Sorry, Jake, but I can't help you right now. I don't care how cute you are... or how much I miss just thinking about you...

*BEEP BEEP*

"Ah... seriously..." I pick up my phone and read the text message.

JAKE: Ouch. My heart... it hurts...

*BEEP BEEP*

JAKE: I actually might need that ambulance... your words... they CUT... so DEEP... </3

*BEEP BEEP*

JAKE: Aghhghgghhhghh.... *dies*

ME: Omg, Jake. You're cute but I really can't talk rn. later, okay?

JAKE: No, I understand :( .....guess u don't want a free meal or a tour through one of NYC's best community colleges... tough luck. I'll just have 2 ask Khalil or maybe Diggy what their schedule looks like

ME: WHAT are you blabbering about? -__-

JAKE: :D i have a college tour tomorrow and my mom can't go with me because she has to work. we registered for two people so... i need an extra cute girlfriend who's willing to abandon her homework for four hours on a Saturday to spend it with college kids... and me, of course.