one

January 4th 2024

"I don't know how we're going to pull this off honestly." I shrugged at Isa as we sat in the board room with a group of other members.

"Why don't we do it from November and right up until Christmas so Isa can manage to come to all of the shows?" The man suggested as he was looking at the dates available for each venue.

"Gives people plenty of time to get tickets." Avery acknowledged, as she tapped on the laptop in-front of her.

"I think the wedding is in October, that's the only thing I absolutely can't miss." I explained and the team nodded writing down the dates.

"So the adoration tour from November 9th until the 21st December?" Isa asked and the people in the room nodded along with her.

"I really think I can do more than that though, I owe them a better tour. More shows more places." I shrugged holding my knees up to my chest and spinning in the chair.

Since the FIA award ceremony I had signed with a new label who were adamant I went on tour in 2024, "Mel the doctor says-

"What about March 18th up until June 18th, Isa I love you so much for wanting to be at all of the shows but I will be alright without you." I told her sort of harshly.

"I get that part but the doctor doesn't even want you on tour at all, so why not work up to a big one?" Isa suggested.

I shook my head "Nope March 18th to June 18th I'm happy with that, it's right in the formula one season so I can avoid it as best as possible."

"Done deal." Elliot said clapping his hands together, and writing up the dates, Isa had been defeated.

"So how many shows is that?" Isa questioned sighing at the same time pushing her hair back behind her ears.

"Forty two."

"Melody I can't support this, that's too much I'm sorry," Isa let out a breathe "You're going to burn out or seriously hurt yourself."

"No this will all work out, she has the whole team looking after her and we will make sure she's taking her medication every day she's in the US." Audrey smiled at Isa.

My new team were more sort of professional people who wanted to get the job done, Isa wavered a bit between a friend and a manager and more so of late.

"Okay... I'm not happy but I'm trusting you okay." Isa admitted smiling a little at me, the team all stood up to congratulate each other,

We had tour dates for the US.

————————————————————————
melody_verstappen:

Liked by 83,638,133 people Melody_verstappen: super excited to announce the dates for the 'adoration' tour! tickets are available now, can't wait to see you all soon 🫂🎶💕

Melody_verstappen: super excited to announce the dates for the 'adoration' tour! tickets are available now, can't wait to see you all soon 🫂🎶💕

comments:

kellypiquet: Penelope is screaming.

melodyvfan273: no way!!!!!

user27495: she hasn't been cancelled yet???

badgirlriri: yes baby

user62375: already sold out ☹️

redbull: does the team get free tickets??

________________________________

"Sold out already, melody verstappen you are incredible!!!" Audrey exclaimed pulling me in for a massive hug.

"Well I try." The Dutch humour escaped me momentarily as I hugged her back.

"Right celebration later, melody you are going to have to do a lot for a tour in March. I mean we need dancers, choreographers, lighting crew, outfits!" Isa started pointing out as she ran through a long list of essentials.

Concerts were a lot of effort, people need to give attention to more singers. Don't get me wrong I absolutely think doctors and teachers should be paid much more than I am but seriously give me some credit.

The team immediately went back to work, my label had an office in LA with a recording studio underneath so guess where I had moved to?

Los Angeles was beautiful don't get me wrong, but I missed Monaco every single day, I loved the city life but the people were rude and everywhere.

Security was necessary here.

"So melody, first dance lesson tomorrow?" Isa asked disrupting me from my thoughts as I stared into space.

I nodded slowly "Yeah, I'm up for it."

The worst part of living in the US was the fact Isa was so far away from me, Carlos and her lived predominantly in Spain but the commute to Monaco was much less than it was here.

"Okay super star you can head out, we will see you downstairs tomorrow at three for dance lessons. The costume department will be around on Thursday." Elliot smiled as the team continued working.

"Are you sure?"

"It's been a long one go home." Cath smiled as I got up from the table, we'd come to this meeting at 9am and it was currently 8pm.

Isa and I left together, having the team was extremely helpful and it took a lot of pressure off of Isa.

"First Grand Prix is the day before tour, reckon you'll come down?" Isa asked as we walked down the stairs of the building.

"I will probably be doing the sound checks and stuff. This is crazy, my first tour Isa!" I squealed and she laughed in agreement.

"So when am I heading too Monaco to get you more medication?." Isa spoke sternly as she remembered.

"No don't worry I got more, I went down a few weeks ago and she's supplied me for months." I promised her.

That may have been a lie.

"Really? If I called her right now would she tell me that?" Isa tested, she knew me too well.

I rolled my eyes "Melody you need to take them, they're saving you. If you don't start taking them I'm not letting you on tour."

"I don't actively not take them, I just don't think they're doing anything, I feel fine and I haven't taken them for months ." I told Isa but she wasn't having it.

"I will go and pick up a prescription for you," she paused "Actually I think you'll have to come too."

"You want me in Monaco?"

"Yeah, unless your planning on paying ridiculous amounts for health care out here." She shrugged.

Fair point.

"Fine." I sighed as she got to her car and I walked over to mine, the one that was parked next to hers.

I know. I finally took it upon myself to learn to drive, I started lessons in Paris as I was spending too much on Ubers and after many unflattering paparazzi photos I decided cycling wasn't for me.

Okay so maybe I didn't pass first time, but max was still very proud of my four attempts. Or so I tell myself.