fourteen

My stage appearance was always the most nerve wrecking part, the crowd have been piling in for an hour or so before it even starts so when I enter the stage they go absolutely wild.

"Good evening San Jose, how's everybody doing  tonight?" I spoke down to the microphone, I wasn't on stage yet but it's fun to tease the fans.

Mark was finishing hair spraying the shit out of my hair as I stood in the position under the stage, the point is that the fans expect me to walk on but instead I'm going up through the stage from this little elevator thing underneath.

"Melody.. we want you to do the new song tonight, 'before he cheats,' get that mad melody out a little in front of the boy who cheated on you." Elliot confirmed, I rolled my eyes sipping on some water quickly.

They were absolutely screeching, it was joyful for me but I was just praying Penelope could stand all the noise.

"Elliot it's just too awkward-

He cut me off "Going up in 3.....2...." Elliot spoke into the ear piece as I grabbed a microphone for me to hold.

"When the rain is blowing in your face and the whole world is on your case, I would offer you a warm embrace just to feel my love." I sang as I appeared on the stage, for the first half of the show the songs are all meaningful.

I stand and sing elegantly, pink confetti whirling around me as the lights are bright and shining.

I went through all of the songs of adoration which are all relatively emotional and meaningful, "So everyone the first part of these shows are usually pretty emotional, but now all of that is out the way I'd like you all to say hi to my vip guests tonight."

The fans were confused as they looked up to the balcony "ITS HER BROTHER!"

"Is that Isa?"

"Fuck off that's Charles Leclerc!"

They all went into an absolute frenzy and I couldn't help but laugh into the microphone as everyone was trying to figure out if it was Charles or not, thank you darkness.

As I distracted the fans the dancers all joined me on stage for the first time this evening, I can't really dance whilst performing bleeding love or this so they usually come on after those ones.

As the dancers entered the stage and the music began the crowd roared once again, "This is one of my favourites, sing along if you know it." I said putting my microphone out to the crowds as 'here' began to play.

This is where the dancing gets slightly sexual. 

"But really I should rather be at home all by myself not in this room with people who don't even care about my well-being." I sang moving my body just the same as the dancers on stage as all the phones began filming.

I laughed a little "I don't dance, don't ask, I don't need a boyfriend so you can, go back please enjoy your party."

The song continued and the audience was going wild, the speculation of Charles being here and the fact I was singing that I didn't need a boyfriend was really making them go insane.

Poor guy, I'd already put him through this.

An hour later and we had just about made it through all of the songs "Melody you can tease them a bit more." Audrey said into the ear piece and I knew what she meant immediately.

"San Jose, how do you feel about being the first listeners to a brand new single as a little birthday treat?" I asked them as I took a breather on stage, the dancers nodded at me as we had rehearsed a dance for the new song.

"Well I'm taking that as a yes." I chuckled back at them as they continued to scream.

I got into starting position, my back against Jess as we stood waiting for the music to begin "This is my new song 'before he cheats'"

Okay, I know I'm a bad person Charles was literally in the audience.

"Right now, he's probably slow dancin'
With a bleached-blond tramp and she's probably gettin' frisky
Right now, he's probably buyin' her some fruity little drink
'Cause she can't shoot whiskey
Right now, he's probably up behind her with a pool-stick
Showin' her how to shoot a combo
And he don't know
I dug my key into the side of his pretty little souped-up four-wheel drive
Carved my name into his leather seats
I took a Louisville slugger to both headlights
I slashed a hole in all four tires
Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats
Right now, she's probably up singing some
White-trash version of Shania karaoke
Right now, she's probably sayin' "I'm drunk"
And he's a-thinkin' that he's gonna get lucky
Right now, he's probably dabbin' on
Three dollars worth of that bathroom Polo
Oh, and he don't know
That I dug my key into the side of his pretty little souped-up four-wheel drive
Carved my name into his leather seats
I took a Louisville slugger to both headlights
I slashed a hole in all four tires
Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats
I might have saved a little trouble for the next girl
A-'cause the next time that he cheats
Oh, you know it won't be on me
No, not on me
'Cause I dug my key into the side of his pretty little souped-up four-wheel drive
Carved my name into his leather seats
I took a Louisville slugger to both headlights
I slashed a hole in all four tires
Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats
Oh, maybe next time he'll think before he cheats
Oh, before he cheats
Oh-oh" I sang dancing along, once the music came to an end the whole crowd was louder than ever, honestly this had been my most interactive audience experience.

Fuck you elliot.

"San Jose what a great show to have on my birthday, you've been absolutely insane tonight, thank you so much for the love today. Get home safe alright!" I shouted as I began to walk off of the stage and back to my dressing room.