thirty nine

TMZ:

Liked by 72,345,214 people TMZ: gunshots were heard this evening in Monaco at Isa Herneaz' and Carlos Sainz' home as police cars and ambulances went up to the scene, melody verstappen was also believe to be in the house at this time

TMZ: gunshots were heard this evening in Monaco at Isa Herneaz' and Carlos Sainz' home as police cars and ambulances went up to the scene, melody verstappen was also believe to be in the house at this time.
We will update you when we know more.
________________________________

"She was lying melody, I promise you." Isa teared up as she held my hand in hers, the paramedic decided stitches would be necessary for the arm graze.

"Promise me? Do you swear?" I asked her again as I was unsure of what to believe, Louise knew a lot about each of us.

"100% on my life, on Carlos' life." She swore and then I believed her, she was extremely superstitious and would never lie on anyone's life is she didn't mean it.

"And you're finished, okay you know what to do with stitches but if you need reminding-

"I'm okay thanks Léa, have had a few times." I smiled at her, thankfully doctor Léa was working when I arrived at the clinic.

The flight from Brazil to Monaco was longer than fourteen hours so once we'd left the hospital, Isa and I headed back to my home locking all of the doors and having the security doubled.

"I can't believe today-

As we sat down in the living room tears began to inevitably roll down my face, i can't trust anyone at all anymore.

Fucking hell Louise was Jess' sister and they were in contact with my fucked up dad, I mean what the heck is going on here?

Any fool can have a child. That doesn't make you a father. It's the courage to raise a child that makes you a father, my dad didn't have that.

"Why does my dad need to make my life so fucking miserable?" I mumbled to Isa as she moved from sitting opposite me to sitting next to me and covering us in blankets as we held each other.

I should hate him for all that he's done to me. I wouldn't wish that pain on anyone. He goes around living life in prison thinking he's done nothing wrong, but the truth is he's selfish. All he ever cared about was his feelings, his wants, his needs. And even though I know I'll never get the apology from him that I deserve, I forgive him because I owe it to myself to heal and I owe it to myself to move on.

We sat in the same spot for the next pretty much twenty four hours only moving for snacks and the toilet, we had a lot to unpack between ourselves.

The boys were home the next day and if you thought Isa and I were startled you should've seen them, "I mean fucking hell we heard the gunshot outside and nobody was responding to texts we thought- Mel had died." Carlos sighed.

Charles hadn't let me go since he'd been home two hours ago, he had me in his lap on our sofa stroking my back gently whilst looking at the gash on my arm.

"Carlos we literally owe you our lives thank you so much for looking at the camera footage and calling the police-

"No no don't thank me for that Mel." He said as he got up to leave with Isa not far behind him, they'd decided to head to Spain for a little to detach themselves from Monaco and the trauma at their house.

They'd offered us to go with and as much as that was a fantastic idea, I wasn't clear to fly and I wanted the baby to be born in Monaco like their daddy.

"Mel I'm really sorry." Isa mouthed as she sat in the passenger seat of the car pulling away from our house as Charles and I waved goodbye to the couple before entering the house once again.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Charles mumbled as we remained in the same position on the sofa, me on his lap facing away from him.

Hot tears spilled as I rambled "I just really thought she was going to shoot, I thought we were going to lose the baby and you'd leave me and- you'd be dead- my dad would've- I can't lose-

"Okay okay," he pulled me to face him now as his face looked to mine "Look at me beautiful, the baby is okay and so am I."

He placed his large hand in my hair gently running his fingers through it, "Don't worry about me, I'm all good. Isa is all good. Carlos is all good and so is the baby, you're the one who's hurt."

I shrugged wiping my eyes, "I'm not hurt too badly but Louise," my voice turned to a whisper "She's dead Charles, it's my fault."

He shook his head "It's not your fault melody, she was insane. The girl needed some psychiatric help or something, her getting shot wasn't your fault."

I mumbled sadly "I really thought she was going to kill the baby..or tell my dad about the baby."

Charles held me even closer to him, his body warm and comfortable as i rested my head against his chest, hearing the beating of his heart, "I'm never going to let your dad close to you."

"That's the thing," I sighed "I'd rather my dad beat me seventy times than hurt you or the baby, he doesn't want me he wants you two."

"He's in a maximum security prison mel, he had to hire people to do his work it's not like he speaks to you or max." Charles acknowledged.

I let out a shaky breathe "Max...he went to see him before the wedding. He said he wants to speak to me- and he's changed."

Charles' expression changed "Why the hell would he go and speak to that monster?"

"He just wanted to tell him that he was getting married, he promised he didn't mention you or the baby though." I shrugged placing my forehead against his as per usual.

"Well, he clearly hasn't changed has he? He hired someone to kill Luke whilst he was in prison, I mean how the fuck did he manage that?" Charles pondered as he looked into my blue eyes.

"I don't know but it scares me."