forty four

November 26th 2024

Despite the last race being today, Red bull had officially already won world constructors championship and max was the third time champion of the world as it was no longer numerically possible to overtake them.

Charles 💌
Starting in fifteen minutes, I'm going to win this for you and the baby

Melody 🎶
As long as you try your best that's good enough for us x

Charles 💌
❤️

The race began and the cars were quickly off, Charles had such determination to win the last Grand Prix of the season, he only needed to come third to be second in the world driver championship.

"You're so lucky Charles won't be racing again until Easter after this, I can't bare watching Carlos race." Isa mumbled fumbling around with her hands.

"I feel bad that he's going back after Easter though, it's unlikely he will win a world championship after missing four or five races." I sighed.

Isa disagreed "He made that decision though, he wouldn't have if he wasn't confident in his ability."

We continued to watch the race for the hour, hardly conversing with one another as Max and Charles were pretty much wheel to wheel for the entirety of the race.

It was beyond impressive of Charles, a win or not he was really giving his all to this race despite it not meaning much in terms of outcome.

"And the winner of the last Grand Prix of the season, the winner of Abu Dhabi is the Ferrari driver Charles Leclerc!!!" The commentator happily shared, finally a different result.

I was screaming at the tv alongside Isa, of course I love my brother but it was time for someone to beat him, it was getting boring.

Melody 🎶
You did it!!! I'm so proud of you baby x

Charles 💌
It's about time.

Melody 🎶
You did so incredibly well, good job x

I could see him texting me on the screen, instead of the usual celebrations all the drivers did when they had won a Grand Prix he immediately asked the Ferrari mechanics and started texting me instead.

"Charles! What a result today, how do you feel after finally beating Red bull?" An interview guy asked him.

"I mean it's not a world championship win today but it's a win nonetheless, Im thrilled, it was a good race."

"How do you feel that if the fia declare red bull have cheated you will be given your second world championship?"

"I think the FIA need to look into the matter of course, a second world championship would be incredible especially after such a hard season but I don't know if it will feel deserved, kind of bitter sweet for Max."

"Do you think that would be awkward over Christmas dinner considering max is your girlfriends brother?"

Charles chuckled "It's always hard having a familial relationship with someone you compete with but at the end of the day we are athletes and we put our jobs first."

"This was your last race until after Easter according to your team principle, are you 100% confident will you come back after then?"

"I will definitely be returning after Easter, I still have a world championship to win."

"Next time you'll be racing you will be a father how do you feel about that Charles?"

"I'm so excited for this new chapter of my life, I really wanted this win today for my girlfriend and my baby - I can't believe the next time I'm racing my child will be here."

"And do we know the gender?"

"You will all find it in no time I'm sure, but for now it's a secret between me and Mel."

"Thank you so much for this interview, your racing has been incredible this season you may have even been named world champion by the FIA awards ceremony."

"Thank you." Charles smiled politely as he put on his Ferrari cap and walked on to talk to the team and Carlos.

The screen moved to the red bull paddock that was still going absolutely wild, celebrating the two championships that they currently had, but who knows the FIA may take them both off them.

"Max! Can we talk to you please?" An interviewer asked Max.

"Hi yeah sorry celebrating is a bit crazy over here."

"So max this is your third world championship in formula one, congratulations."

"Thank you."

"What do you think the chances are that the FIA take it away from you and give it over to Ferrari due to the overspending?"

"Not a single clue, I don't think that's fair to take it away from us considering we will never know if he'd of beaten me without the extra money."

"So you aren't in favour of them giving it to your sisters boyfriend?"

"Ah don't word the question like that."

"Sorry Max, you actually came second today and it was quite an unsurprising result, were you not trying because you'd already won the championships?"

"No I was trying, I wanted to end the season on a high Charles just beat me too it today, it was a good win."

"He claims he was racing for your sister and the baby today, that may have spurred him on a little."

"Yeah that definitely did, even though he's made his mistakes with my sister he's doing good, he's a good dad already."

"Thank you max, your team want you back to celebrate now!"

The screen panned over to Kelly who was holding a very excited little Penelope, "Kelly can we ask some questions?" The man asked, Kelly nodded placing Penelope down.

"What are your thoughts on Melody Verstappen and Charles Leclercs relationship, we understand you're very close with the singer?"

Of course.

Kelly smiled happily, "Charles has always been it for her, they are the great love story all the books write about. I mean that girls heart actually beat for him, it's never occurred to me the possibility of her being with someone else because he was everything to her, I mean genuinely he turned her world around."

"Thank you for the input Kelly!"

"That's pretty cute actually." Isa commented as the adverts came on as the race was officially over.

"I'm about to cry please can we run into the kitchen and eat so I can replace my happy sadness with being full."

She laughed at me "Lets go and get some ice cream then." She suggested as we went out into the kitchen, a few days ago it was around three in the morning and I was desperate for ice cream but we'd ran out so Charles bless his heart got dressed and went out in the middle of the night and bought four tubs of icecream.