forty nine

"I missed you so so much." I cooed to Aurora as I sat in the backseat of the car as Charles drove me home from the airport.

Charles replied knowingly "She missed you too, cried all night long."

My heart shattered as I kissed her forehead and her little nose "Nooo was my baby upset, it's okay mummy is here now and she's never ever leaving you again."

"How was the after party? I was sad I didn't see any posts of it." Charles asked as he kept his eyes trained on the roads, it was ironic actually he drove so slow with Aurora in the car it was ridiculous.

I shrugged "It was fun, but I wasn't really in the mood for it. Isa enjoyed herself though, drank our combined weights in alcohol."

Partying wasn't very fun when you had to consider breast feeding, whilst feeding you cannot drink alcohol so I was sober as a judge the entire time.

"I wish I was surprised, the No posting though that was unusual for you pair." Charles commented again.

"I'm going to now, at the time I just really wasn't mentally prepared to watch all the hate comments coming through during the flight." I sighed as I kept my eyes on Aurora, her cute little face yawning.

"Are you tired little girl? Did daddy get you up early?" I asked her quietly as her eyes began to close, she almost always fell asleep in the car.

"She was up from 2 until 7 crying, nothing was working, I even put on the dancing fruit videos." Charles uttered as he pulled up to our house, the airport not being that far away.

He's referring to the sensory videos for babies, I'm not a Karen alright? I won't sit here and say my baby won't watch tv until their seven so when she's being upset we often put on sensory videos of these dancing fruit thingys and it works.

"Hm come on then let's try and get you some sleepy." I told Aurora as I unbuckled her from her car seat carefully, carrying her into the house as Charles grabbed my suitcase from the trunk.

As we entered the house quietly I placed her in the bassinet in our bedroom and put the baby monitor on so we could watch her nap from the living room, of which we collapsed on the sofa and I finally allowed myself to post.

————————————————————————
Melody_verstappen:

————————————————————————Melody_verstappen: