eleven

April 30th Portland, OR

"Melody has massively redeemed herself since Chicago, don't worry about it." Audrey told Isa down the phone, since my little stage mishap Isa has become increasingly less confident in the performances.

"I'm not sure she should do the rest of the shows I mean- I message her and she can't even spell anything right she's exhausted." Isa spoke, today she was in Azerbaijan for the Grand Prix and she was stressing.

"No I promise we are all taking good care of her and we are a team here-

"Let me talk to her." Isa cut her off not even caring, when I signed with the label Isa had always been weary of the team over doing it.

Audrey passed me the phone and rolled her eyes whilst doing so, the show was in an hour and I had been rehearsing the dance for the last three hours "Hey Isa!"

Audrey mouthed 'more enthusiasm'

"Melody? If you don't want to do anymore shows I can get you out-

"No! I love doing it Isa I promise. I've been really looking forward to tonight's show! My dancing is so much better and honestly the stage for this one is insane." I rambled down the phone and I knew she wasn't having it.

"Are they taking care of you Mel?" Isa asked concerned, I could hear the chaos around her as the Grand Prix was starting in literally ten minutes.

If she wasn't on speaker maybe I'd tell her the truth.

"Im so taken care of Isa, they are like family. Now go and watch the race, cheer on red bull and Ferrari for me!" I exclaimed putting on my best happy voice.

"What why ferrari? Mel-

I hung up the phone when she started asking questions, me and Charles had been messaging practically every day since I left Monaco. We FaceTimed constantly, but I still didn't know if I could do a relationship.

"Okay melody, down to forty five minutes. I want you in the purple skirt, the sheer kind of one and the top with the puffed sleeves." Audrey ordered and I just did as she said.

Isa had been to three of my shows, during the Easter break she attended as many as she could and she was appalled.

My tour bus was too small.
They are working me too hard.
I'm not getting paid enough.
bla bla bla

She freaks out a lot because of my hyperthyroidism struggles, I don't know if she thinks I will collapse on stage or something but whatever happened in Chicago really spurred more anxiety for her.

Doctor Léa even called her and told her I was getting better and she still wouldn't have it and as a result she was officially stressing me out.

Tonight's show went well and thank goodness it did because I think Isa was on the verge of a heart attack, "Amazing show tonight." Jess applauded as we walked down to my tour bus.

"Thanks you lot are really good dancers though, hope you distract the fans enough from my lack of dancing." I joked as we got to my bus.

Jess was a new friend I had made, she was kind and sweet and genuinely cared for my well-being. Isa liked her too so that was a massive bonus, she spoke her mind when it came to Audrey and Elliot and it was appreciated.

"So what's going on with you and Charles then? I heard his voice when I walked past your dressing room in Salt Lake." Jess questioned as she picked at her nails.

I smiled slightly "I mean when I went to Monaco we met up again and we've been talking a lot ever since, but we aren't in a relationship."

She shrugged "Friends then?"