three

I knocked on the door, I heard someone in the living room moving around as if they were cleaning up or something so I knocked again.

"Melody? What are you- what?" He asked referencing to Isa in the car behind me, and the fact I was even in Monaco.

I panicked immediately "Im sorry- I shouldn't have come-

"No no come in, does Isa want to as well?" He asked opening the door wider for me to come in.

"Um- she's okay thanks." I said walking in the house slowly, the living room hadn't changed whatsoever.

He shut the door behind me as I sat down on the sofa "So what are you doing here, are you okay Mel?"

"I uh you need to stop calling my doctor, and messaging Isa." I mumbled uncomfortably staring at the floor.

He nodded sitting down opposite me "I'm just always thinking about you Mel, I can't stop wondering how you are and what you're doing."

I sighed "I know," I stood up "I'm sorry that's all I needed to say."

"No please stay," he ushered me back to the sofa "How come your in Monaco?"

I looked up at his face "I went to the doctors."

"You okay?" He asked concerned.

"My hyperthyroidism is getting better, but I'm on my medication again." I told him hoping now he wouldn't feel a need to ring Lèa.

"And she's cleared you for your tour?" He questioned.

"You know about my tour?"

He chuckled "Who doesn't? It's been all over the news. I mean mum was heartbroken she missed out on tickets."

I smiled a little at that "I have spare tickets for the show in San Jose it's on my birthday so I kept behind ten tickets, she can have a few for your brothers."

He shook his head "Mel don't do that. Please don't make me love you anymore than I already do."

"Please just accept them, I will send them down to her soon you know I love your mum." I chuckled lightly whilst grabbing my phone.

"Yeah I have five left-

"Melody, why are you torturing me again?" Charles suddenly interrupted.

My mouth gaped "What do you mean?"

"You are sat here talking to me, you are being nice to me despite the absolute shit I've done to you and you look beautiful and- god." He rambled holding his head in his hands.

"I can go-

"But that's the thing melody, I don't want you to go because I still fucking love you and I'm going to be thinking about this moment for the next ten years." Charles responded running his hands through his hair.

"Charles- just because I left doesn't mean I don't love you, hell I think about you every day. But I can't risk you cheating on me again further down the line- what if we were married or had kids? I can't do that Charles I can't-

He sighed and looked at me  grabbing my hand "Mel what can I do to prove myself? To promise I'll never do it again."

"I want to make this work Charles- because I'm hurting myself more staying away from you-

I was interrupted suddenly by a brunette girl hurrying down the stairs, she was beautiful absolutely stunning.

"Baby why is your ex here?" She smiled sitting over by Charles and grabbing his hand.

Charles didn't respond.

"Baby why is your ex here?" She asked once again and I swear sick came up in my mouth, he's been messaging my friend about me, and my doctor for that matter.

"Charlotte can you go upstairs for a moment-

I interrupted him "No, no I'll go. I'm really sorry for coming- nice to meet you Charlotte."

I rushed out of the house and into the car, "Woah woah what happened?" Isa said putting down her phone as she saw the tears rolling down my face.

I faced forward at my old home, the one that he was now sharing with Charlotte. "His uh girlfriend is home."

"Oh Mel I'm sorry." Isa said as we remained on the driveway, she rubbed her hand up my arm.

"I don't know why I'm upset- I broke up with him he has every right to get a new girlfriend." I continued to cry, my tears rolling too fast to even wipe them away.

"Shh its okay Mel." She comforted me, I was still sat on his driveway uncontrollably crying at the wheel when he opened the front door.

"She's living in my house." I continued, the blurring figure of Charles came up to the window.

"Mel- roll down the window." He mouthed pointing at the window, I wiped my eyes and did as he said.

He gulped "Melody, tell me you want me back and I will have her out of our house in seconds."

The fact he would even say that about his girlfriend.

Isa was beyond confused "Charles just fuck off alright?"

I tried to regain my breathe "Of course I want you back- but your happy now with- with her so I'll go."

"No melody, finish what you were saying before Charlotte came down the stairs."Charles demanded.

"I take it back." I whispered, my eyes still weeping.

He sighed "Melody- don't say that."

Tears rolled down my face, "You publicly betrayed me. You might as well have pulled out a sword and cut me right open."

Tears cascade his face too, and his shoulders slumped as he stares dejectedly at me.

"It's time I put myself first," I said straightening up "I need to protect my heart and my sanity, and you're just not good for my health. I can't be with you Charles."

"No baby." He takes a step closer to the car, but I shake my head warning him to stay back.

"Please, mel. Please give me one more chance."

"You're all out of chances, Charles. I don't want to be with you, I don't want to hear from you and I don't want you bothering my friends or my doctor. I want you out of my life." I add sobbing. This shouldn't be so hard. He cheated on me in-front of the world.

Cutting the ties shouldn't be as hard as this but it was killing me.

I rolled up my window as his mouth remained open as he put his hand on the window, "Mel don't drive upset."

"No, I can't stay here." I told Isa as I wiped my eyes a final time and reversed from our driveway.  

Out of 8 billion hearts I fell for one that doesn't beat for me.