twenty nine

My ice cream was melting to liquid in my bowl as I continuously stirred it around, "So it's definitely the same person from Dallas?" Charles asked the fbi, yes the actual freaking fbi.

"We're pretty confident, private investigators have reason to believe the murderer in Dallas is the same one who got the notes to you at the funeral." The man confirmed.

Charles held his head in his hands "How the hell would he know Mel was going to be there? She had fucking security there."

"Yeah but they weren't actually allowed into the building." I added, pushing my bowl forward no longer hungry.

Charles frustratedly sighed "I don't want to go to the Dutch Grand Prix without Mel but I can't trust she'll be safe there either, do you think it's best she stays home?"

I interrupted the conversation "I want to go to the Dutch race and nothing is stopping me going alright? This one means a lot to Max."

We'd had quite a few arguments since the post it note situation at the funeral based on the upcoming Grand Prix, I want to go for my brothers support and too stay close to Charles.

He however thinks I should stay home safe.

"I wouldn't recommend that Melody travels from Monaco for at least-

I interrupted the man "Nope I'm going, post it notes are creepy but harmless, I don't want to be anywhere without Charles."

Charles sighed, thanking the FBI for coming out to speak to us this morning, today is the 24th of August and Charles and I had planned to leave tomorrow morning for the Dutch Grand Prix whilst I could still fly.

Closing the door after the security team had left Charles let out a breathe "Melody, I don't want to risk you coming out with me tomorrow. Every time you're out of Monaco something bad happens."

I shook my head refusing to give up "I don't want to be away from you Charles, you have been threatened just as much as I have and-

"Melody please just stay here, for three days," he came closer to me placing his warm hands on my cheeks "It's only three days."

"But those three days all I'm going to think about is if you're okay-

I could practically see the frustration building within him as he cut me off removing his hands from me "You can't respect what I want in the slightest Mel."

"I do respect it, I understand that you want me to be safe but I'd feel safer myself if I was with you because I want you to be safe." I tried to explain but it wasn't getting through to him.

Since the second round of post it notes, Charles had been on edge especially as he didn't get the opportunity to read the notes himself, he just knew we'd be threatened.

He stood up "It's like you need me and if I'm not with you all the time you're going to fall apart Mel."

I scoffed "Oh I'm sorry you've been threatened and I care so much about your safety that I want to be with you to make myself feel better about your lack of safety."

"But that's not it melody, it is exhausting being with someone that needy." He replied walking over to the kitchen grabbing a glass of water.

"Are you joking?," i quizzed "You just think I'm being needy?"

He lifted his arms confused "Well I don't know, melody I really don't know, you know I want you to come with but if it's advised you don't why the hell are you?"

I walked slowly over to the kitchen leaning my bodyweight to the table, "Well if I wasn't too exhausting to be with maybe you'd have listened to me reasons why."

"Melody-

I breathed "Charles I want to go with you because if I don't all I'm going to think about is your safety because if something happens to you I will never forgive myself."

He quipped "Always about you Mel, you'd never forgive yourself. You'd think about my safety."

I was beyond confused now, "No it isn't because I'm thinking about you not me! I love you so much that I always worry about you but I'm doing so I'm only hurting myself so why not just come with you?"

He shook his head "Because if you're with me I will worry about you, my racing won't be any good if I'm worried about you with the thousands of fans and the press-

I laughed sarcastically "Look who it's all about now hm?"

He rolled his eyes and walked over back to the sofa in the living room and putting on the television, "I'm not done with this conversation Charles."

He looked up at me as I waddled over, I officially could no longer see down past my belly anymore as the pregnancy was flying by, "Just come and sit Mel."

He patted next to him on the sofa as he put on Netflix, sighing I sat beside him and fell into his warm embrace, as usual putting aside our problems for them to only come up once again.

As we put on the lion king, his choice not mine. I began to think about what he'd said this afternoon, whispering "Am I really exhausting?"

He turned his focus to me, his hand firmly on my belly "I didn't mean that my love, I'm really sorry I just want you to be okay, I want my baby to be okay because when you aren't my heart breaks."

I looked up at him, eyes glistening "I know you only want what's best, but my option is always to be with you because if you aren't within five metres of me I'm constantly thinking about you, I love you too much to let something shitty happen to you." Especially after the post it notes.

Charles had been hurt by dad in Miami last year and I'd be damned if I let him get hurt again by fucking anyone.

"I know beautiful, I know." He whispered pressing a kiss into my hairline gently, rubbing my belly slightly at the same time.

------------------------
Charlesleclerc:

Liked by 30,234,523 people charlesleclerc: ❤️ @melody_verstappen

charlesleclerc: ❤️ @melody_verstappen

comments limited:

arthurleclerc: photo credit????

pierregasly: aw

Ferrari: best couple on the grid>>>

Carlossainz: @ferrari ouch.