twenty eight

Craig and I had a long discussion about grief and guilt on the cars way back to the hotel where we would sleep for the night before leaving early tomorrow morning.

Craig told me about his wife passing away from cancer three years ago and how guilty he felt that he had 'just let her die' and that guilt is always going to last it's just about how it's managed.

He recommended me his therapist as we got into the hotel room and into our separate bedrooms, my phone began buzzing as soon as I shut the door behind me.

Weirdly I felt very safe in the hotel room as there was four different bedrooms coming off of a communal kitchen, sort of like a uni accommodation, and all the other people in communal kitchen were my security.

"Melody?" Isa quickly said.

"That's me yes." I replied rubbing my face to remove the dried mascara that was down my cheeks.

"Someone was recording your speech at the funeral, um it's sort of everywhere." She said forewarned through gritted teeth.

I sighed loudly "I didn't even know I was doing a speech, it's one thing going to a funeral let alone doing a whole speech."

"It's a really good speech melody, you did very well. I just wanted to say I'm really proud that you went there today." Isa acknowledged.

"It was so awful Isa, I know it was my fault he died but people saying it to my face is just too much-

Isa gasped "People were saying that to you?"

"Yeah a couple, it's so disrespectful like this is someone's funeral if you think it's my fault well done I do too but tell me in private rather than shout it at me-

"People shouted at you?" Isa quizzed shocked to hear this.

"Oh I'm sure it will be on twitter within the hour don't you worry." I replied sarky.

"Well I'm proud of you nonetheless, and your bump is looking so good! That dress really emphasised it, very cute posts too." She tried lifting the mood.

"Thanks Isa."

As we were talking I made a mental note to discuss the god parents of our baby, we need to tell Isa and Carlos soon as there's no one else I'd want to look after my baby if something bad happened.

Max wouldn't be able to handle a baby alongside Penelope and the cats, well that's what Kelly says but I think he secretly would like to.

"How's the baby boy doing today?" She questioned, Isa is absolutely confident that the baby is a boy based off of tiktoks she'd seen about old wives tales.

"I admire the confidence Isa." I joked and she laughed back.

"It is a boy melody." She added.

"Well the baby has been good today, kind of wanting cake but I'm not in the mood to go hunting through the streets of Albany for cake." I explained to her.

She sighed "Fair enough. The baby has good taste."

We ended up chatting for an hour or two longer before she headed to bed, the time zone being quite a big difference between us.

Bored out of my mind I walked into the communal kitchen the security team and I shared, despite the fact I wasn't really friends with any of the men. I was just desperate to chat to someone.

"Melody, how are you feeling now?" James asked kindly as he looked up from the laptop he was using to greet me.

"Hm I've been better honestly, funerals aren't really my ideal day." I joked my dry Dutch humour coming out slightly.

"Well that makes sense." He shrugged tapping away once again as I walked over to the toaster suddenly craving butter on toast.

"Do you want some toast?" I asked him as I found the bread in one of the random cupboards, he shook his head.

As I waited for the toast to rise I went and grabbed my bag, the one I went to the funeral with that carried basically lip balm and snacks, the pregnancy hunger was going to kill me off.

When I reached the mini kitchen island I dumped the contents of my bag on the table to find an abundance of post it notes spreading over the table entirely, there must've been at least twenty.

"Got a hobby?" James chuckled watching the post it notes sprawled across the table.

I remained silent as I began to read through some,

Last funeral you'll attend alive.

Had to make it harder for me to reach you by cancelling tour hm? Or so you thought.

Times ticking traitor...

Your boy toy needs to watch out, wouldn't want a repeat of Dallas hm?

See you in Monaco.

My heart beat quickened, James immediately noticing the colour drain from my face, he stood up quickly "Melody don't touch any of those notes and follow me. We're going to get the rest of the security and we're leaving."

The notes... similar to the ones in Dallas.

Luke's killer knew I was here.

------------------------
TMZ:

Liked by 65,334,721 people TMZ: where melody verstappen goes, trouble follows

TMZ: where melody verstappen goes, trouble follows. today she was in attendance of Luke Jones' funeral in Albany but was seen many hours later in tears in the car, police were called to her hotel room immediately late this afternoon but we are awaiting the reason why.

Comments:

user27394: give the poor girl a break

melodyfan2734: mate someone is out for her I swear

user2739404: can't be that upset she's eating a fucking burrito

user93845: she's pregnant bless her, leave her alone!!!

random27384: damn, practically awaiting her death announcement at this rate.

user64579: no one cares.
________________________________
Twitter:

@ellendegeneres: Melody verstappen seriously needs to stop calling paparazzi and crying over nothing for publicity. Give it a rest.