thirty six

November 5th 2024

Today was the day of the Brazilian GP, unfortunately doctor Leá is no longer allowing me to fly, pregnancy is a risk whilst flying and even more so with hyperthyroidism.

I'd been very lucky that my pregnancy had been smooth sailing as far as hyperthyroidism was concerned anyway.

"I can't believe your like 8 months that's absolutely ridiculous." Isa acknowledged as she opened the door to me, as I couldn't fly Isa agreed to stay at home with me to watch the races.

"I know, it's wild." I agreed, time was absolutely flying by and it was making me anxious, the baby would be here any day.

"Melody! Good to see you!" Jess greeted me from the inside, she predominantly lived in Paris but came over to Monaco often.

It was a shame really, I hardly ever saw any of my friends from Paris or any I'd made during childhood.

We all sat down in the living room of Isas home and put on the tv awaiting the race to start, this season had been incredibly wild.

Essentially each time had been given the same amount of money to use for their cars, and you cannot by any means go over the cap of money.

So guess what mr Christian Horner does?

It was ridiculous, he'd gone over £400,000 over the budget which is against the rules, he's claiming it all went towards catering which is absolute bullshit.

Max is absolutely dominating every single race, he's winning each and every Grand Prix with ease which leads me to believe this extra £400,000 went towards the car anyway, which is essentially cheating.

The FIA don't really know what to do as a punishment, it's been really frustrating for Charles, he has a good car and good skills but he wanted more of a fight for a win and now Max was winning because his team cheated.

It sucked.

"You know Zak Brown is absolutely raging at Christian over this budget thing." Isa commented as the pre race interviews were on.

I replied "I don't blame him it isn't fair, I just hate that people are hating on Max like it was his choice to go over budget."

"Is he really getting hate?" Jess wondered.

"Oh yeah, people really hate Max. They always have but I guess that's what happens when you're really good at the sport." I shrugged making a mental note to text Kelly later.

Melody 🎶
We're wishing you good luck and watching from home, I love you, go and smash it x

Charles 💌
I love you mon amour, I love both of you x

"You're blushing at the phone again Mel." Jess mentioned laughing a little at my red cheeks.

"I'm seriously hoping you aren't sexting right now I mean-

"Isa!" I exclaimed, laughing so hard I might wee, the baby is constantly sat on my bladder these days.

We continued to chat up until the race began and the cars started, Jess had never really gotten into formula one but she'd started drive to survive and somewhat new what was going on now.

"Come on Carlos. Come on Carlos." Isa was audibly mumbling as the cars sped away from the starting position.

It was kind of disheartening to watch considering Red bull were so far ahead of Ferrari from the start right to the very end of the race, Max in P1, Checo in P2 and Charles in P3.

It was still a podium finish which is a good result, and fourth for Carlos was good points wise. We'd definitely be second in the world constructer championship.

"So Mel do you think our boys are lacking skill this season or it has something to do with extra money?" Isa asked genuinely curios of my response.

"Probably the money, Max is an incredible driver and no doubt about it but the fact they win with like 10 seconds ahead has to be to do with more money." I shrugged watching the tv.

Melody 🎶
Well done max!

I didn't expect him to respond for a little while as the after race interviews commenced, Charles being put on screen as he was asked questions by a lady.

"So Charles does it put you in a sticky situation that your girlfriends brother is winning all the races due to cheating?"

"Look we have evidence they went over budget but no one is 100% certain they used that money on the car, Max is an impeccable driver and it's an honour to race besides him my girlfriends brother or not."

"So you don't believe red bull have been cheating?"

"I don't know I'm not in their team but Christian Horner does what he pleases so who knows."

"Christian Horner made comments about your relationship with melody verstappen a lot in drive to survive season six, did you watch the series?"

"I did yes."

"And what we're your thoughts on the comments he made?"

"I think the general comments he made about formula one being a men's sport is a joke, women can drive just as well as men and I'm waiting for a female driver on the grid to beat his cars. The comments he made about my relationship are his opinion he's entitled to say what he wants, doesn't mean they're true."

"So when Christin claimed your girlfriend was an attention seeker who used formula one to get on people's radar in terms of career make you feel?"

"I think he's bold to throw around such accusations that aren't true, he thinks he has such power because he has a winning team but who knows, after the FIA decide a punishment maybe he'll take back his words."

"Third place today how do you feel about that?"

"I would've loved to win, we always aim to win but in the grand scheme of things Carlos and I collected good points today."

"Melody isn't here today, will she be watching at home?"

"I believe so yes, hi Mel."

"Thank you for your time Charles."

The interview concluded and it passed on to an interview of Lance stroll discussing his unfortunate P14, it was weird having so many interviews be based on you when you actually had nothing to do with the sport.

Jess sighed, she hadn't spoken much during the race "I have something to confess."