Chapter eighteen

“Ugh, how much further?” a young wolf asked as they kept going deeper into the woods after walking for hours straight without a rest.
“Are you a wolf or a nightwalker?” someone teased and the others laughed tiredly.
Sean walked up to Aliyah, “are you okay?”
Aliyah smiled tiredly. She wouldn’t be tired if she wasn’t limping all through the time. So many times she had almost slipped by walking normal but she always got a hold of herself right before anyone would notice. They had been walking for the past five hours after their first rest in mid afternoon. Everyone knew letting Mr. Tyler be their field teacher would be tiring but they didn’t actually think he would exhaust them to that extent. “I’m fine, thank you?”
“You sure? I can carry you if you can’t walk again. You already have an injured foot and if people who are okay are complaining, I can’t imagine the pain you must be going through now.”
“I am tired, Sean,” Monica groaned, walking up to him. “I am not sure I can take even one more step.”
Aliyah smiled at that, “I think she is more tired than I am.”
Sean smiled softly and turned to Monica, no matter what, she was his mate and he was entitled to look after her. So squatting in front of her, he let her climb onto his back and they continued their tiring walk.
“Alright students, we will camp here tonight,” Mr. Tyler finally said and a lot of happy moans sounded everywhere. He ignored them and continued, “we will take a few minutes rest and the men would go hunting.”
“Oh thank God,” the females moaned in agreement while the males groaned.
“Why does it always have to be the males?” a Young male wolf complained.
“Because we are the males, the natural alphas,” Another bragged and they all agreed while the females rolled their eyes at them. The argument didn’t last long for they were all tired and hungry.
Aliyah found a good spot and rested on it to get a quick shut eye before the meal would be ready. She didn’t know how long she slept but she was awakened by soft whispers. She laid on her spot, her ears on high alert to know what was going on.
“What do you think it is?” a voice whispered.
“I don’t know but I feel like poking it,” an excited voice replied.
“I don’t advise that. Look, we may be creatures of the forest but this is not our forest. I have not been relaxed since we stepped foot in here and I would advise we just stay at a place and wait for the males to come back,” another voice warned.
“Oh, Miss. Scared-y cat has spoken,” a voice she recognized as Natasha’s taunted and she wondered what they could be doing now. For some reason, she was in support with Melanie fondly called Miss. Scared-y cat because she never supports anything that would bring harm. She always thinks the girl was too much but this night for a reason she can’t tell, she was in support with her that they don’t do anything they want.
“Just ignore her, Nat, come on, let’s do it,” Jessica said.
“Obviously,” Natasha replied.
Aliyah couldn’t take it anymore so she got up from where she was lying down. “You do know that this is not our woods and whatever we are not supposed to do shouldn’t be done,” she said, bringing the girls attention to her.
“Um…who invited Miss. Know it all?” Olivia asked, looking around scornfully.
Natasha scoffed. “Hey you, why don’t you be a nice defected wolf and go back to sleep while we the strong ones inspects our surrounding?”
Aliyah smiled. “You are forgetting something Natasha, I may not be your future Alpha, but I am your future Luna, so you better respect me or the first thing I will be doing when I assume my throne would be to kick you out of my pack.”
“Well, you need to find a mate first to think about being my Luna,” Natasha mocked and the rest of the girls laughed.
Aliyah felt a burning anger inside her and it wasn’t something that often happened to her. She stood up and glared at Natasha. “You know what, I think I have held this in for so long, how about we try it out, here and now.” What are you doing? She asked herself. She was used to Natasha always taunting her about being alone so why does it annoy her now hearing her say the same thing? She tried to speak reason into herself but she was already getting ready to transform and that was when she realized, she wasn’t the one angry, it was her wolf and she was really, really angry.
“Finally,” Natasha smirked and quickly undressed when she saw the snow white wolf with piercing blue eyes gnarling at her. She transformed into her grey colored wolf and gnarled back at her.
Olivia and Jessica quickly got out their phones to record what was happening for their future gloat, knowing full well that Natasha would kill them if they didn’t present a video of her victory to her when she was done.
Aliyah growled angrily and took the first leap, landing on Natasha and they both tumbled on the ground, ruffling the dried leaves. Natasha got up and growled back and attacked, her teeth fighting to grab onto Aliyah’s legs but she was very stealth for a limping wolf. She noticed that and growled angrily.
‘How can you be so fast with a wounded leg?’ She asked angrily through the mind link.
‘I am not you that shows my weakness in a fight.’ Aliyah replied. ‘You have always wanted to spar with me, what’s the matter, scared now?’
‘Never,’ Natasha yelled and rushed at her but Aliyah avoided her attack and gave a strong kick with her hind legs that sent her flying into a tree. A branch broke off and fell onto what looked like a big spider web and a loud growl sounded at the contact. Aliyah stopped her attack and glanced around her, Olivia and Jessica heard the growl again and Melanie screamed.
“What was that?” Olivia asked, her fear evident in her voice.
“I don’t know,” Jessica replied.
Melanie screamed again. “I told you not to touch that, I told you not to touch that.”
“Shut up,” Olivia and Jessica shouted at her and even Aliyah said the same in the mind link.
‘You bitch’ Natasha attacked with full force but right before she could touch Aliyah, something knocked her away. The girls gasped as they saw something crawling out of the damaged spider web. They couldn’t describe the creature but they knew one thing for sure, it was a monster and they shouldn’t be there.
Olivia and Jessica quickly transformed into their wolves to be able to run faster and Melanie joined them as well. Aliyah turned to run also but her leg got stuck in a hole and she kept wriggling to get free.
The disgusting creature reached out and grabbed her and she turned and attacked with her claws, causing the animal to growl angrily again and slashed its long claws on her chest. She whimpered in pain and the creature attacked again, hitting her forcefully that she flew and slammed into a tree.
Natasha watched everything in horror and seeing that the creature was more focused on Aliyah, she slowly crawled away, not even thinking twice about helping.
Due to the wound she had suffered, Aliyah was forced to shift back into her human form. She glanced at her bloodied chest and then at the creature that was still coming at her with blood red eyes. Her body was trembling out of fear and she could sense her wolf’s fear as well. They can’t win this, the creature was too strong and with how weak she was, Aliyah feared she would die with another strike from it.
‘Help,’ she cried in the mind link, wishing the male wolves would hear her. If all of them could attack, then maybe they could stand a chance of winning. ‘Help, Sean, are you there? Please, help!’
The creature turned to her with its burning red eyes and roared, a shrilling sound that irritated Aliyah’s wolf so much. The sleeping birds all leaped into the air at the dangerous sound and Aliyah knew then that she may have annoyed a stronger opponent.
After the shrilling roar, the creature charged at her and she closed her eyes, knowing that there was no way she would survive that. No one had answered her call for help and it means no one was coming. She was all alone, facing a monster she has never seen before and that looked a hundred times stronger than she was. She sucked in a deep breath and waited for the pain she knew was coming.
But waited she did and nothing happened. She could hear sounds around her and then opened her eyes to know what was happening only to see something move at the flash of light in front of her and deliver a strong blow at the creature. A man dressed in long grey coat suddenly appeared in front of her and a loud growl sounded that she had to cover her ears for the sound almost burst her eardrums. She stared at the man in front of her who was growling at the animal and was surprised. What is he doing here? She wondered as the creature launched again and she heard his voice loud and clear before he attacked. “SHE IS MINE.”