Chapter forty five

"Aliyah is mated to a Nightwalker?" Someone asked and the other nodded.

"Yes, my mate told me after they returned from the fight early this morning."

"Is that possible? She is the alpha's daughter for crying out loud. Are we going to have a nightwalker as an alpha?"

"It's true, I heard the same thing. My brother told us this morning. What are we going to do?"

"How do you think the alpha is reacting to the news?"

"I don't know but he has been inside the Great hall with the Elders since they came back. I heard Elder Maximus is making a big deal out of it."

"Who wouldn't? I would if I can voice my opinion. I am definitely not going to have a nightwalker as my Alpha."

"But I heard he is a strong one. They said he killed twenty Nebuzars without suffering an injury."

"Nebuzars? What are Nebuzars?"

"They are demons and legend has it that they hate us."

"All demons hate us."

"True. But has anyone seen Aliyah today?"

"No. My brother said the nightwalker took her with him."

"God, what are we going to do? Is the Great War going to repeat itself now?"

"What are you all doing here?" Sean asked angrily and the gossiping girls shrieked in fright on seeing him.

"Future Beta," the oldest one smiled. "We are just discussing."

"Do that in the training ground," Sean ordered.

"Future Beta, is it true what they are saying? Is Aliyah really mated to a nightwalker?"

"Go for your trainings and stop worrying over things that you can't solve. Now," he ordered and they scurried away. Sean sighed and watched them leave, he knew he can't keep chasing them away like that. Very soon is going to go around the whole pack and even the Omegas would hear of it. However, he was mostly worried what would happen when the other packs hear of it. Blue Moon pack would definitely be a laughing stock, no doubt. "Fuck Aliyah, what were you thinking?" he thought aloud.

'Sean, report to the Great Hall immediately,' Beta Aton ordered in the mind link.

'Yes sir,' Sean replied and jogged towards the great hall, wondering what they want from him now.

When he got there, he pushed open the double doors and heaved a long sigh when he saw the long line of elders and older warriors. His father was standing beside the angry Alpha and the Luna was just sitting with her eyes closed. He saw his mom messaging her shoulders and he knew it was her way of comforting her. The Alpha had sent some warrior wolves to search for Aliyah but they had returned an hour ago without her. The good thing is that he could still feel her mind link, otherwise he was sure the alpha would have been going berserk.

The man's cold brown eyes landed on him and he looked down immediately as he felt his hair stand on end. "Sean, I am going to ask this only once, were you aware of this whole thing?"

"Alpha..."

"Think before answering. I want the truth, nothing but the truth because if I find out that you lied to me, I would strip you off your title as the Future Beta and sentence you to death by execution."

"Alpha," Aton rushed to say.

"No Aton," Alan raised his hand to stop him, his eyes not leaving the younger boy that was bowing to him. "But if you tell me the truth, I will consider a lighter punishment. Mind you, I will not be exiling you if you lie to me, I will be killing you, kill," he repeated.