Chapter thirty

“What do you think this means?” Alan asked the black haired man with him.
Ethan sighed, “you sure you didn’t clear the bodies?”
Alan rolled his eyes, “if we cleared the bodies, would I be worried?”
“Dad, this is serious,” A black haired boy that looks to be in Aliyah’s age said. He glanced around the vast forest they were standing in. “It’s like there wasn’t any fight and if our people weren’t here when it happened and testified it, I would think the Blue Moon Pack is lying.”
“Then I guess it’s good that your pack mates were here, Steven,” Alan said and the boy ignored him.
“Where is your daughter anyway, information I got said that she bonded with Gerald on the night of the blood moon,” Ethan asked.
“Bonded but not mated. My daughter had returned to her room once the wolves were mated because she didn’t find her own mate. My Future Beta told me so, isn’t that right Sean?” Alan turned to Sean who has been following behind them along with other wolves.
Sean nodded, “that’s right, Alpha,” he gulped but kept a straight face, not letting his worry sip through.
Steven glanced at him and he held his gaze, none of them wanted to back down and at the end, Ethan placed his hand on Steven’s shoulder to calm him down. “The Blue Moon Pack has been allies for ages, you need to know the people that stands by you and the ones that you will fight.” He said to his son.
“I am just worried about my brother,” Steven replied.
“And Catherine is on it. You should know that she is the best healer in all wolf packs. She healed my daughter of Garuda flower poison in three days. We thought her leg would be lost, making her slow but rather she is faster than she ever was before.”
“So she increased her running abilities while treating her?” Steven taunted. “Oh please,” he scoffed with a roll of his eyes.
“I understand that you are the future Alpha of Black Wind Pack, Steven, but I am already an Alpha so you talk to me with respect,” Alan warned and Ethan stood in the middle to hide his son from the dangerous Alpha’s face. He really needs to speak to Steven, he can annoy any other Alpha he wants but he must stay clear of Alpha Alan.
“Let’s not forget the reason we are here,” Ethan said. “Alan, you are the Alpha here and this is your woods, so you know better. I say we go further and know if there is anything we can find or something to make use off. After that, please permit Steven to stay here until Gerald is treated by Catherine. He would feel more at ease with his older brother around.”
“Of course,” Alan replied, his gaze not leaving Steven. “Future Alpha Steven is welcomed to stay in the Blue Moon pack for as long as he wants.”
“Thank you,” Ethan said and turned to glare at his son who rolled his eyes but looked away.
They searched through the woods some more but when they found nothing, they returned back to the pack.
“Training is still ongoing. Sean, feel free to tour Steven in our training ground while I discuss with Alpha Ethan.” Alan said.
Sean bowed immediately, “yes Alpha. Let’s go,” he said to Steven and he followed him with his own Beta.
On getting to the training ground, Sean saw Aliyah sparing with Eric while the others watched. He stopped, his gaze watching their every move and how easily Aliyah avoided his spear attack. A smile curved on his lips, she was getting better, way much better.
“Humph,” he heard a scoff and turned to see Steven watching the fight in amusement. “You call that a fight? Guess the Blue Moon warriors aren’t as strong as they are rumored to be,” he said to his Beta, a brown mixed with red haired boy with green eyes.
“Is that so?” Sean asked. “How about the future Alpha spars with me?”
Steven looked down at him, “I don’t waste my strength on Betas.”
“So full of yourself, aren’t you?” Sean smiled, his gaze going to the boy behind him, “do you see the way he classifies Betas?”
“My Beta is stronger than any Beta, and he knows it. I trained him myself,” Steven replied.
Sean scoffed. “Trained him yourself, so fighting him is equivalent to fighting you, isn’t it?”
Steven stared in disdain at him before answering, “I suppose so.”
“Then let your Beta spar with me,” Sean said but he didn’t give him time to reply as he turned and said to the training wolves. “The future Beta of the Black Wind Pack wants to spar with me, let’s have the ring please,” he said, walking up to Aliyah and Eric. He took her spear and winked at her, mouthing, “you are getting good.”
Aliyah smiled and stepped aside, her eyes going to the two boys standing at the entrance. One caught her attention for he has some resemblance to Gerald. She nodded at him, “you are Gerald’s brother, aren’t you?”
“And you are the Alpha’s daughter,” Steven said, looking her up and down in her training gear, “too bad he didn’t have a son.”
Aliyah scoffed, she hates him already. “Someone is so full of himself, isn’t it?”
Steven scoffed but took his gaze from her. “Don’t disgrace me,” he said to his Beta and the boy sighed and joined Sean in the ring.
Eric threw his spear to him and he caught it effortlessly and said to Sean, “it’s just a spar, so I won’t hurt you.”
“Gloating like him?” Sean nodded at Steven behind before his gaze went back to the boy, “you do know my pack doesn’t have a future Alpha, so I am trained like one,” he said and then attacked. The boy tried to defend but after three strikes, Sean has him on the floor. He scoffed and stepped back, giving him time to get back on his feet. “You attack this time, I will defend.”
The boy glanced at Steven and looked away in fear seeing his murderous look. He turned to Sean, his green eyes shining brighter as he launched an attack. Sean defended but he suffered one strike. The boy grinned and attacked again, trying to overwhelm Sean, however, it didn’t work as he had wanted because he ended up tiring himself and it turned out that Sean purposely wanted to get him tired first and so then, he started attacking and had his spear against his throat in a minute.
The boy was panting with his back on the ground, Sean’s spear’s tip was at his throat and any rash movement from him would result in him being cut or stabbed. He knew he has lost and so he closed his eyes. “Want to go again or are you yielding?” Sean asked. The boy exhaled deeply and let go of his spear and the spectators clapped at Sean’s obvious victory.
Steven scoffed and stormed away in annoyance. Sean grinned at his leaving back and removed his spear, allowing the boy to get up and run after his Alpha.
“My, my, remind never to get on your bad side,” Aliyah said as he stepped out of the ring.
“I didn’t even go all out on him,” Sean replied.
“I know, that’s why I said remind me never to get on your bad side.”
Sean smiled but his face turned serious after. “Steven believes you have something to do with what happened to his brother. He is going to stay here a few days till Catherine heals him and my senses tells me that he is going to come after you. I will leave my mind link open all the time till he is gone so make sure you contact me immediately he comes to you.”
Aliyah sighed, so everyone thinks she has something to do with what happened to Gerald? But come to think of it, she really did. If it wasn’t because of her, Edward wouldn’t have seen him or nearly killed him. Now thinking of it, she shuddered at what would have happened if Edward had succeeded in killing him. The two packs would have been in a great battle by now.
“I’m serious Aliyah,” Sean said.
“I know Sean and I heard you.”
“Also, something is going on in the woods and we both know one wolf that loves spending her time there,” he raised an eyebrow and Aliyah rolled her eyes. “Stay away from the woods for now, Ali, until we figure out what is going on with the rogues, okay?”
“Yeah,” she nodded.
“Am I understood, Ali?”
“Fuck Sean, I am the Alpha’s daughter here.”
“I don’t give a fucking damn. Am I understood?”
Aliyah rolled her eyes. “Yes, Alpha Sean.” She smiled then, “hmm, that has a nice ring to it,” she added but Sean rolled his eyes and walked out of the training ground. Aliyah sighed as she watched him leave, knowing she would be disobeying him and very soon.