Chapter thirty three

“Sean,” Aliyah whispered as she could feel the wolf’s white eyes on her. She knew this wolf wasn’t like the ones on the blood moon night, she could sense the strength and knew it would be around ninety to hundred years when it was still alive. She is just a nineteen year old wolf, how can she battle a deranged hundred years old wolf? “Sean,” she yelled when the wolf leaped at her. She dodged the attack, thanks to her speed and the commotion finally brought Sean and Steven’ attention.
“A rogue,” Steven said.
“Yes, but a stronger one. Much stronger than the ones we fought on blood moon night,” Sean replied, his previous animosity with the young alpha forgotten as they both draw out a means to fight the wolf. Not only is the wolf older and stronger than them, it appeared not to be in it’s senses which means every attack would be for the kill. “We need to work together.”
“I know,” Steven replied, his hand tightening on his spear. “We are going to continue tomorrow on the training ground.”
“Yeah, that’s much better,” Sean replied, his eyes never leaving the wolf that was obviously planning its next attack. The wolf roared and then charged towards them. Sean threw it’s spear at it and it impaled it on the shoulder. The wolf roared angrily and rushed him, hitting him with it’s big head that Sean flew and landed on a tree. Steven attacked as well, using his speed to avoid the wolf’s attack but just before he could land his spear on him, the animal kicked him with his hind leg, throwing him against a tree as well.
Sean got up and wiped the blood from his lips, he could already feel that they might not win but how can they escape when it’s eyes is on them? Aliyah sneak attacked from the back, hitting the wolf with a big log, disorientating it for a moment and then rushed after it, hitting it some more with the log. The wolf roared and kicked everywhere angrily and was lucky enough to hit Aliyah, it’s paws landing on her chest, making her fall on the ground.
Sean growled, getting ready to transform. “No Sean, we can’t risk being bitten by it. We would defend faster on two feet than we would on four paws.” Steven said.
“The damned thing hurt Aliyah,” Sean growled and charged at it, taking advantage that the animal was still trying to recover from Aliyah’s blows and yanked his spear from it, giving it a strong blow that it retreated a few steps back. Steven was surprised at that, guess the Beta really do have the qualities of an alpha like his father said. However, their moment of glory was short lived as another wolf leaped in front of them, sheltering the other one. “Fuck, there are two of them?” Sean growled.
“Shit,” Steven growled and picked his spear from the ground. The two wolves were staring at them. If they just have to fight, then it would be a different case but they have to avoid being beaten as well, something tells him that a bite from them would make them like them so they have to fight them while avoid being bitten.
He went up to Sean and Aliyah that were still on the ground and watching the two wolves. He wished he could communicate with them using the mind link but they are not from his back so any communication must be done with their mouth, and he could only wish that they won’t team up and abandon him since they could obviously communicate without him hearing. “What are we going to do?” he asked to keep them talking hence they were mind linking.
“What else, we fight,” Sean replied. “We can’t run and risk them following us to the pack.”
“But the elders can take them, can’t they?” Steven asked.
Sean looked at him, “don’t tell me you are afraid, future alpha?” he taunted.
“Of course not, let’s do this.”
“Fine,” Sean let go of Aliyah and stood up, however, a hand holding to him made him look down to see two blue eyes staring at him. He squatted beside her immediately and tucked a lock of hair behind her hair.
“I’m scared,” Aliyah whispered. She doesn’t know why but Edward’s words kept flashing in her mind. ‘What do the rogues want with you?’ What if they are there for her? What if she is the one they want? Just the thought of it alone made her shudder at what could possible happen to her if they took her.
“Come on, Ali, are you a warrior wolf or a weak…” Sean was saying when he was nudged away forcefully and he heard Aliyah screaming for him. The wolves growled, obviously tired of watching them converse rather than fighting. One engaged in a fight with Steven and the other growled at Aliyah before biting onto her foot to drag her away.
However, a sudden force threw it against a tree, freeing Aliyah. The other one fighting with Steven noticed the newcomer and rushed him but it met the same fate as its friend.
Sean got up from where he was lying, a hand on his chest as he wiped the blood from his mouth. He stopped short when he saw the man standing in front of Aliyah. His gaze went to Steven and saw that the boy was as shock as him as well. He sniffed and knew his nose wasn’t lying to him, a nightwalker in the broad daylight?
Edward stared at the little wolf that was looking up at him but in fear and gratitude. He didn’t care about the other wolves as he bent in front of her immediately and tucked a tendril of hair behind her ear. “Are you okay?” his voice was surprisingly gentle compared to the dark aura that was reeking out of him.
Aliyah nodded and surprised everyone including herself when she threw her arms around him, hugging him tightly.
Edward was stunned at what was happening but then her scent wafted into his nostrils and he closed his eyes, letting the sweet scent calm him as his hand circled around her to hold her. She was trembling violently and he could feel the fear that was shaking her deep in his bones. He sighed in relief that she was okay and he was surprised when he realized that it wasn’t only her fear that he feels. Right there, amidst the feeling that was trying to consume him was a tiny worry and fear of his own that he might not reach her on time and might be too late.
He heaved a sigh of relief, preferring to have her shudder in his arms like she was doing now than to see her lying lifeless on the ground. He repulsed the thought before it could form in his mind and a low growl behind him made his eyes flicker red. He pulled Aliyah from his arms and looked deep into her eyes, his hand reached up and caressed her cheek. “Are you afraid of them?” he asked softly. Aliyah nodded, her eyes flicking between him and the wolves gathering themselves behind him. “Then I will kill them for you,” he replied and stood up, turning to the wolves.
The wolves growled, saliva drooling from their mouths as they rushed him. It happened so fast that neither Steven nor Sean could describe how it happened but all they knew was that in a matter of seconds, the two wolves were lying on the ground, lifeless as they switched back to their human bodies.
Both Sean and Steven were shocked silly as they stared at the man and the dead bodies. When they finally woke up from their shock, Sean yelled when he saw the nightwalker bending in front of Aliyah, “get away from her!”
Edward looked up at him then and then back at Aliyah, “should I kill them too?”
“No!” Aliyah rushed to say immediately and when Edward glanced at her, she cleared her throat and repeated more gently. “No, they are the good ones.”
“Aliyah, that is a nightwalker,” Sean said, watching as she was conversing with the enemy.
“I know Sean,” she replied, “my nose is not broken.”
“Then what the hell are you doing?” he asked.
Aliyah sighed and stood up, making sure she was standing in between them hence if Edward choose to kill like he always love doing so that she could stop him. “I know him.”
Steven chuckled them, bringing their eyes to him. “I knew there was something fishy about you. Collaborating with a nightwalker, really, Alpha’s daughter?” he raised an eyebrow.
Sean looked down at his feet and Aliyah knew he must be feeling betrayed. “Sean,” she called.
“Is it true?” he asked.
“What do you mean is it true? Look at them, it’s obvious they know each other,” Steven said. “I didn’t think being a traitor would be the something fishy about you,” he glared at Aliyah. “You are not just betraying the Blue Moon pack but every other wolf pack. Hell, you betrayed the werewolf race, I can’t believe this.”
“Are you sure you don’t want me to kill them?” Edward asked, his voice as calm as ever without a single worry. “Because I can assure you that I would enjoying doing so, especially the blabber mouth,” his eyes went to Steven and they flashed red when they met with the young wolf’s black ones, sending a shiver of fear down his spine.