Chapter sixty seven

“Whoa, this is the biggest kitchen I have ever seen,” Sean wowed as he stepped into the kitchen.
Aliyah chuckled, “what are you doing here, I told you to wait for me in the living room.”
“You were taking an awful lot of time and I am starving.”
“Starving? I gave you a bowl of rice two hours ago and before that, you ate four sandwiches,” Aliyah said shocked.
“I’m a male wolf Aliyah and I have not eaten the whole day, what did you expect?”
Aliyah looked up at him in wonder, “then I am more than glad I am not mated to a werewolf.”
“Oh please,” Sean rolled his eyes, “it has not gotten to that. Besides, you will need help to consume everything here before some of them starts rotting.” He glanced around then, “Damn, I would love to be locked in this kitchen for two months.”
“Like you can cook anything,” she rolled her eyes.
“I will be locked with a female omega of course.”
“Mm hmm, I’m sure Monica would be happy to hear that.”
“Hey, faithfulness boils in my blood, okay? If not, I would have been with you.”
“Really, I thought you said you see me as nothing but a younger sister and don’t feel that way for me?” she crossed her arms on her chest and stared at him with a raised eyebrow.
Sean shrugged, “that doesn’t mean we are related and so a guy can dream but…” he raised a finger when Aliyah wanted to say something, “when I found my mate, it really became like that.”
“Good, because you wouldn’t have lived to tell that story to another person,” a voice said and he turned back sharply to see the man standing in front of the double doors. He glanced at Aliyah painfully and she chuckled and said in the mind link ‘I wanted to tell you but you shushed me up.’
‘You could have told me in the mind link like you did now,’ he pouted and Aliyah chuckled.
Edward went straight to Aliyah and he was kissing her immediately she was in his arms. Sean avoided to look at them, the man is as possessive as he is scary, what the heck? “What are you making?” he asked when he finally let go of her lips.
“Sean said he is hungry,” she responded softly, already swooned by his kiss.
Edward frowned immediately and glared at Sean who wished the ground would just open up and swallow him. “That’s the third time you are cooking for him today.”
Aliyah chuckled and placed her head on his chest, he towered over her with a good one foot. “It’s nothing, there is enough food here and besides, there is nothing to do with my time.”
“I have something to do with your time,” he said, his hand going down to squeeze her buttocks.
Aliyah looked up at him immediately, “you are insatiable,” she accused with a light chuckle. He had stolen her late in the evening right after she finished making sandwiches for Sean and had taken her to their bedroom where he fucked her senseless and now this?
“I wish I can eat something you cooked again,” he whispered so low that if it weren’t for their mating bond, she wouldn’t have heard him.
Aliyah glanced up at him then and he smiled down sadly at her before leaning over to kiss her forehead. He let her go to sit on stool and rest his hands on the island. “What are you cooking now?” he asked, wanting to take her mind off of what he just said.
“Nothing much, just…”
“My Prince, you need to see this,” Rasmus barged into the kitchen and Edward stood up immediately, already walking towards the door.
Aliyah and Sean glanced at each other before following after them. When they got to the living room, they saw a trail of blood before their eyes landed on the source, a woman crawling on the floor. Aliyah gasped in shock on recognizing her while Edward rushed to her immediately. Aliyah couldn’t believe her eyes, the woman was fine this morning, what could have happened?
“Irene,” Edward picked her in his arms as he pressed his hand on her neck to stop the blood flow, “what happened.”
Irene panted, her eyes nearly closing. “I-I was a-att-attacked.”
“By who?” Edward asked, his eyes flickering red.
“The-the man in b-black.”
“What?”
“I-I saw a vision this afternoon a-after you left. I-I sa-saw him come t-to me.”
“And you didn’t tell me, Irene?” Edward thundered.
“I-I wan-wanted to know what he wants and maybe a-also figure o-out who he is.”
“So, what happened, why did he attack you?”
“I refused to join him,” she smiled and reached up to touch his face with her bloodied hand. “No matter how broken I may be, I w-will ne-never turn my back o-on you. Y-you know that.”
“He wanted to recruit you,” Edward said softly now.
Irene nodded, her hand leaving his face to touch her neck where he was already applying pressure. “As a p-pure b-blood, he needs me, or so h-he said. B-but I refused so we engaged i-in a fight.”
Edward sighed and nodded. “It’s okay, I will heal you,” he said as he brought up his hand to his mouth.
“No,” Irene said, holding onto his hand to stop him. “That’s n-not what I need n-now. His claws, it has infected me. I-I need to diffuse the infection first but I cannot d-do that w-without my potion or i-ingredients t-to make a new one.”
‘That’s a witch.’ Sean said in the mind link.
‘Yes, and Edward’s very close friend. I wonder who attacked her.’ Aliyah responded; her face filled with worry for Irene.
“What do you need?” Edward asked immediately.
“The shell of a t-tortoise, a r-rabbit’s h-heart and the oil of a white python.”
Edward made the calculation in his mind and he knew the python oil would be the hardest to get. If it was any python, it would have been easy but now he has to visit the snake demons and they lived pretty far from him. “How long do you have?”
“T-three hours before the poison take over me,” she panted, her eyes closing and opening. “Leave him here,” she glanced at Rasmus, “if you don’t return by then, I want him to stab me in the heart. I will never become his servant. I think he h-had known I would r-reject in advance and so c-came prepared.”
“Nothing will happen to you Irene, not while I am here,” Edward said and to Rasmus, he ordered, “take her and keep an eye on her.”
“Yes, my Prince,” Rasmus answered and came over to carry Irene.
Edward stood up and glancing at Aliyah, he said, “I will be back,” and she nodded right before he disappeared from the living room.
They followed Rasmus to the guest room where he placed Irene on the bed. Aliyah rushed and tore a piece of her cloth, using it to apply pressure on her neck to stop the bleeding. They all stood in the room, each lost in their own thoughts and praying for Edward to come back before the time runs up. Aliyah knew that killing Irene would be really painful for him, it was painful for her and she has only known the woman for two days talk more of Edward who has known her for nine hundred years. She kept praying silently in her heart as she watched the woman who was fighting to stay conscious.
A loud growl thundered outside and they all glanced at the window. “What was that?” Sean asked.
“They are here,” Irene whispered, “and they know he is not here. W-we can’t let them come in. I-if they find me, he will speed up the process of the poison,” she panted, closing her eyes as she winced in pain.
“Then I will have to kill them,” Rasmus said.
“I will help,” Sean opted in and the man glanced at him but nodded in the end.
Aliyah wanted to join too but Irene grabbed her hand and stopped her. “No, stay here with me,” she said, “you can’t fight.”
“I can. Irene, I am one of the warrior wolves in my pack and…”
“Not because of that. W-we can’t let him find you. D-don’t forget, y-you a-are the one he really wants,” Irene said and grunted in pain.
“Shush, it’s okay, stop talking,” Aliyah said, sitting beside her again.
“Let’s go,” Rasmus said to Sean and they left the room, leaving the women alone.
“It’s okay, Irene, Edward would find those ingredients for you,” Aliyah said soothingly.
“I know it only happened for the first time two days ago, but when you are a pure blood witch, you tend to know things faster than others,” Irene whispered, a soft smile playing on her lips then. “I-I got t-the vision few hours after you l-left.”
“You have to stop talking, Irene, you need the strength,” Aliyah said.
“Edward would be so thrilled, h-he has been waiting f-for so long,” she chuckled softly and winced in pain after.
Aliyah wanted to tell her to stop talking again but her words piqued her interest. “What are you talking about?”
“You don’t know yet, o-of course you d-don’t, no medical way can d-determine it n-now. My v-vision tends to be f-faster s-sometimes,” she gulped. “T-trust me, this was not h-how I had p-planned to tell you but just in c-case something happens to m-me,” she opened her eyes and glanced at her, “let me be t-the first to t-tell you b-before anyone e-else can k-know. I love b-being the first to give such n-news,” she smiled and reached up to caress Aliyah’s face, smearing blood on her cheek. “You are with child, Aliyah.”