Epilogue

“My lord,” Melissa appeared in the room and Cedric bowed to her. Ignoring him, she turned to the man standing close to the window. “It is done, the dark prince has fallen. I saw him with my own eyes.”
The man standing near the floor to ceiling window closed his eyes and a soft smile appeared on his lips. “I know, I can feel his passing.”
“You must be happy, my Lord,” Cedric asked with a grin, “your biggest threat is finally out of the picture.”
“Indeed I am, Cedric, indeed I am,” the man turned to them, his eyes were a dark brown and Melissa sighed in relief for not seeing his demon eyes yet again.
“There is only one problem, my lord,” she said.
“And what is that now?” the man asked.
“The wolf, the rogues failed in capturing her and I wanted to do so myself but the prince had used his demon power right before dying. He had carried her and the pure blood witch away in a tornado.”
“What?” The man asked, shocked.
“Aye my lord.” Melissa nodded. “Not all royal blood demons had mastered that trick and the prince, despite hiding his powers all the time had no trouble carrying that hard trick out so effortlessly. Also, he had set the meadow ablaze and everything close to him. Innocent demons that reside in the meadow died in the process as well as the rogues. I don’t know what we are going to do about the wolf, he could have taken her anywhere.”
“Do not worry,” the man said, calming down and his eyes returned back to normal. “The dark prince is gone and that is the most important thing. No matter how far the wolf runs, she can never hide. I can always find her, always.”
“My Lord, what should we do now?” Cedric asked.
The man smiled, “now, we celebrate our victory and also the fact that those damn creatures have no idea what they have brought upon themselves. Go now Cedric, and prepare a nice feast, I will love to dine well tonight. Invite all our friends, everybody is welcome.”
“Yes my lord,” Cedric bowed and left the throne room. The man smiled and glanced at Melissa, seeing the look on her face, he raised an eyebrow?
“Are you really sure you can kill them all?” Melissa asked, a look of doubt appearing on her face.
“Are you doubting my power, Melissa?”
“Not really but we all know that if the Demon king was still alive, he wouldn’t need the prince to be killed for him to do anything he wants. And I believe that since he didn’t do anything, it could mean he wanted them around.”
“The demon king grew weak!” the man yelled, his eyes turning into yellow with a black line. “He was ready to accept living with them. He went on with the talk of letting them be since they are not causing any problem. But you see what I see, we can never coexist with them, otherwise, why are you here and banished from your coven? It’s because you see what I see. So I did what I did to the demon king to bring back peace to the world, the very peace that Selene took away when she created them. The stupid man was ready to forgive the prince for killing his daughter, his one and only child, can you believe that? The gods know that if I could, I would have drank from the tree of death when I was getting that bark but everyone knows its history and demons, otherwise…” he sighed.
“I understand you and forgive my inquisitiveness, I apologize greatly,” Melissa bowed.
The man stared at her for some seconds before he sighed. “Apology accepted, now, go back to that meadow and know if you can find me a body of a high chief. I need to step up my spells to be able to control the minds of the nightwalkers.”
“Yes, my lord,” Melissa bowed and right before she could perform her teleportation spell, the man said, “remember whose side you are on, Melissa, I alone can bring you back to your glory or damage you.” She nodded and bowed to him, then chanting a spell, she disappeared from the room.
The man sighed and sat on his throne, “you dare to question me. Anyways, you are only here until you can’t prove fruitful anymore,” he hissed. “How sad, dark prince, I guess you ended up not knowing who I am in the end,” he smiled.
***
“He has to be here somewhere,” Aliyah said, walking through the pile of ashes as she fanned away smoke from her face with her hand.
“Aliyah, he moved us away for a reason,” Sean said.
“I am not leaving him!” she yelled to him. “You can go back alone if you want but at least, I deserve to see…” she choked in her own tears and Irene hugged her, wiping away a few tears of her own.
“Let her do it,” she said to Sean, “she needs it.”
Sean nodded and followed behind them quietly while Rasmus walked with his head hanging low. When they finally got to the meadow, everywhere was black, no atom of life seemed to have survived.
“Demon fire, it eats everything in it’s way to the last atom,” Irene explained. “A demon fire will burn someone into a pile of ashes, not even a bone would survive.”
“It’s that strong?” Sean asked.
“It’s the strongest fire ever. Some says that the fire of the demon king can burn even the soul of someone and only his successor can inherit that power. In this case, his daughter would have and through his daughter, Edward would have gotten it if he had been practicing or maybe he wouldn’t. The power is so strong that a weak demon body that forces to take it would perish immediately.”
“He is here,” Rasmus finally said a word since they landed in the human realm where the tornado had dropped them.
Aliyah ran to his direction immediately and she fell on her knees beside the man who was lying on the blackened soil with a soft smile on his lips. “No, no,” she shook her head, cradling his head in her arms. “No!” she yelled, “you promised to come back to me, you promised to always be there. Come back, please, come back. I can’t do this without you, I need you,” she sobbed, her body shaking with her cry.
Irene stood by the side and cried as well, burying her face on Sean’s shoulders. Aliyah started howling and her howl traveled the whole forest. It was the cry of a wolf losing her other half and anybody who heard it would feel the pain laced in the howl. Rasmus couldn’t take it anymore and went to her but she slapped his hand away, her face turning dangerous immediately and she hissed at him. “You, it’s all your fault, you killed him, you betrayed him.”
“I’m sorry,” Rasmus apologized.
“Sorry? Is sorry going to bring him back? Is sorry going to give my son a father?” Aliyah yelled.
Irene sniffled and turned to her, “Aliyah calm down, please, Rasmus is Edward’s confidante, he wouldn’t…”
“I did,” Rasmus interrupted her, surprising her and Sean. “My father wanted me to kill the prince but I couldn’t. The man has done nothing but cared about me, I couldn’t do that to him. But nightwalkers are loyal and so, I agreed to bringing him out of his castle and in doing that, it would be my last respect to my father. Right now, I don’t have a father anymore and I must tell you, the prince knew about this. He also told me that he would forgive me if I go by to the castle and take care of her. I didn’t go back because I thought you were safe and I also wanted to know when he would need my help in the fight. Trust me, I will never do anything to hurt the prince and I only accepted to bringing out because I know that he would protect himself.”
“And now look at him, he is dead!” Aliyah shouted.
“Aliyah,” Irene went to her. “He is telling the truth. Edward didn’t let anyone join us in the tornado but he let him and that means he had really forgiven him. So please, calm down, we need him.”
“No I don’t, I will never need him, never,” she yelled.
“Irene,” Sean called just when Aliyah went back to sobbing on Edward’s chest. “Can you put her to sleep? When a wolf loses a mate, it’s a natural reflex to find someone to blame and they would keep blaming the person till they finally heal. This is normal and if you can put her to sleep, it will help greatly in leaving this place otherwise, she is not going to make a move and you know we can’t stay here,” he whispered.
Irene nodded, “you are right,” and so fetching a needle from her cloth, she went to Aliyah and squatted beside her. She pulled her into arms and when consoling her, she poked the needle into her neck and mumbled a spell. Aliyah collapsed in her arms immediately and she turned to Sean. “We have to go back to the human realm, he sent us there because he knew that is where we would be safe for now and we have no choice but to stay there and lie low. The humans mustn’t know what we are if we want to blend in. The demon king would come after us soon, we have to be prepared.”
Sean nodded, “I understand. Go on without me, I will come find you.”
“No Sean, we have to go together. Aliyah will feel more at peace if you are there, you know that.”
“Yes but…” Sean sighed. “I have to find my mate, she is pregnant and it would be wrong of me to abandon her.”
“You are already a traitor, the high howlers would summon for you to be killed on sight. Going back to your pack is not a good idea now,” Rasmus said.
“Rasmus is right, your best choice is coming with us,” Irene said.
“But my mate…”
“I will find her and I will bring her to you. Whether she stays with us is left for you,” Irene said.
“Don’t worry, she will,” Sean smiled. “Thanks Irene.”
Irene nodded, “you will go ahead with Rasmus and Aliyah. I will find you,” she reached down and took Aliyah’s heart of the ocean necklace. Edward had made the chain so long that it won’t snap when she shape-shifts. “This will help me find you. Do you have anything of your mate that would help me find her?” she turned to Sean.
“Yes,” Sean replied and removed the black band he often wears on his wrist. “This used to be her hairband, it would work right?”
“Yes,” Irene nodded and took it from him.
“You carry Aliyah Sean, I will carry the prince,” Rasmus said, bending over to carry Edward’s corpse.
“Why do you need his body?” Sean asked.
“He is a prince,” Rasmus answered. “He deserves to be buried, not to be left to rot here like some animal.”
Sean nodded, “okay,” and he picked Aliyah up, giving Irene the chance to get up.
“Here,” Aliyah touched their foreheads, “this would keep you invisible to witches for an hour.  I trust you would get to the human realm by then.”
“Of course,” Rasmus answered and Sean placed Aliyah on the ground and shape shifted into his wolf and carefully rolled her onto his back. He glanced at Irene and nodded and Rasmus sprinted out of the destroyed meadow and he followed. Irene sighed and glanced at where Edward was lying earlier, it turned out that her dream ended up being a vision. She glanced up at the sky at the roar of a thunder and a heavy downpour started then, quenching the remaining of the forest fire. It was the heaviest rain in a long while and for some reason, it felt like the sky was crying for the loss of the last Original.

Book 2
His Mate: The Demon King now available on  wattpad 
Hi, please follow me and appreciation for the story.
Thank you 😊