Chapter forty four

The more she speaks, the more surprised Edward was that she had so much faith in him. He sighed and closed his eyes. "I am very thirsty at the moment, I may not be able to stop myself, what if..."

"You won't. Besides, you just have to take enough that would give you some strength to hunt. You are like this because of me, it's the least I can do," Aliyah whispered and shape shifting her hand into paw midair, she slit her wrist with her claw and then she placed the bleeding wrist on his lips. "Go on," she whispered.

The taste of her blood on his taste buds made Edward's eyes glow redder but he still looked at her, wanting to be sure that she wanted him to do it. The scent of her blood soon filled the little space of the cave and it was making it harder for him to control himself. His fangs were itching to sink into her flesh but he was still fighting, wanting to be sure of himself. A large part of him was mostly worried that he may not be able to stop himself on time and then hurt her but she has so much fate in him and he was beginning to believe that maybe he could stop. He has never been this thirsty and feed to keep alive, never and so it was a big challenge to him.

"I am not as weak as you think I am," Aliyah whispered.

Edward closed his eyes then and slowly reached up and grabbed her hand. He opened his mouth and sank his fangs into her flesh. Aliyah winced at that but she gritted her teeth to stop her from making a sound. Edward moaned in satisfaction as the blood flew down his throat. The sweet scent filled everywhere and soon, his hand tightened on hers as he sunk his fangs deeper, wanting more and more.

Aliyah shook her head to shake off the dizziness. She doesn't know how much longer she could hold on but it looked like he still wants more so she kept quiet, determined to last as long as he wants her to.

Edward started feeling dizzy and he frowned, why would I be dizzy? He wondered and then like a lightning bolt, he pushed Aliyah away. He stared at her, still tasting her blood in his mouth and wanting more but he understood that the dizziness wasn't his but hers. He cursed at himself for almost losing control and in as much he wanted to go to her and check if she was okay, he knew that was not the right thing to do. The best would be to leave the cave. Her blood had lured him to her from the very moment he met her and now finally having a taste after the error the first time, it was hard to stop himself and the last he would want is to still perceive her sweetened scent.

"Ar-are y-you o-kay now?" Aliyah smiled.

"Do you want to die?" Edward asked softly.

"I-I don't understand."

"Why didn't you stop me?"

"You look like you needed more."

"I was killing you!" he yelled and when he saw her flinch, he closed his eyes. That wasn't what she needed now and he knew it. He sighed and tried to get up.

"Are you okay?" Aliyah asked, the dizziness slowly wearing off now.

"I'm fine," he said and stood up.

"Edward..."

"I'm okay, I can hunt now," he said, fighting to be strong even though it felt like his legs would give in any moment now. "I will look for a mountain lion or a bear, or something. But thanks to you, I am not so weak anymore."

"Are you sure?" Aliyah asked to be sure. She could still sense his wound and wanted to know if he was lying to her.

Edward smiled and leaned in front of her. "By now, you should know that I am not the type that lies," and he cursed himself for doing just that. "I'm fine, you can have a rest, I will be back soon."

Aliyah smiled and laid on the ground, her eyes closing in a deep sleep immediately.

Edward watched her, the pain in his chest made him grunt softly. He smacked his lips to get the last remnant of her blood in his mouth and it just made him long for more. He closed his eyes, his fangs itching to sink into some flesh. He shook his head and placed a hand on the wall to hold himself and keep him steady. Slowly, he crawled out of the cave and he breathed in the fresh air, happy to be away from her tantalizing scent.

He took a long sniff and then caught the scent of the family of rabbit again. With blazing red eyes, he jumped down from the cave and grunted in pain. Shaking his head softly, he picked himself up and started hunting down the rabbit hole, the blood he got from Aliyah giving him the strength to track. When he finally got to the hole, he had no mercy with the little creatures. Now with little strength, he can finally track down a mountain lion or more to level him up.

***

When Edward went back to the cave, he saw Aliyah tossing and turning on the ground. At first, he was worried that she would scratch herself with the small stones on the hard ground and so he took off his long coat and went to her. Slowly lifting her up, he covered her with the coat and then laid her back. He contemplated on lying down beside her but when he finally decided not to and tried to get up, Aliyah turned and grabbed onto him. He watched her, waiting for her to fall back asleep to try and slip out of her hold but her hold only got tighter. He heaved a sigh and closed his eyes, his hands stiff beside him.

He laid still like that, letting her cuddle him as she slept. However, he was more surprised why he didn't even feel irritated by it but just a little uncomfortable and a lot shy and he was never going to admit that to her, never.

"Hmm, your body is so cold," Aliyah mumbled in her sleep just when he was finally getting comfortable and he became self aware immediately. "I like it," she added.

Edward watched her sleep then, the cave was dark but it was not a problem to him. He has never really allowed himself to look at her without thinking of her origin and how much he hates them but now watching her sleep, he was finally able to see her features. She had long thick lashes, longer than he had seen and her face was oval and her lips, although small but they were really tempting. He gulped as he remembered the blood moon night right when he had wondered how it would feel like to kiss her.

He may have been surprised that night but right now, he really wonders what it would feel like. He looked away from her lips right before he did something he might end up regretting. The fact that she was wearing nothing but his coat didn't help to really calm him down. He had seen her naked a lot of times but never let himself think too much about it and right now, right this very moment that she was lying down next to him, he wished he wouldn't but he ended up thinking of that small body. Those round succulent boobs and that flat smooth belly of hers with the cute tiny belly button. He gulped some more and shook his head, praying to be rid of the illicit thoughts.

However, he went back to thinking of that tiny curvy waist and the feel of her skin on his palms when he held her this night as they ran on the tree tops. He thought of her smooth flawless skin and soon, a certain part of him was reacting violently to his thought and it wasn't helping if it had been so long he had been with a woman.

Aliyah moaned in her sleep then, cuddling closer to him and tightening her hold on his torso. Edward closed his eyes and cursed, really, this night was working its way into being the worst night of his life and he really just can't wait to be over with it. Heaven, will the sun finally rise? He wondered as he tried to block out her scent and the feel of her body from his mind.