Chapter seventy

Everyone gathered in the room, no one feeling tired enough to sleep. The fight has been more than three hours and Irene has been fed the antidote and now she was sleeping soundly as her wounds took the time to heal. Aliyah had chosen to stay by her side and they left the three men to sit and ponder what really happened that night.
Sean sighed, rubbing his hands together. Rasmus had offered him some of his clothes and he had changed into them while the older man cleaned the house up. Edward sat on his favorite sofa, his eyes on the younger men as what Sean said refused to leave his mind and he hasn’t gotten an alone time with Aliyah to actually talk about it. He sighed and closed his eyes, when he opened them, they went to his servant. “You must be afraid of me now, Rasmus. Don’t worry, I will understand if you choose to leave or if you let your father in on the story.”
Rasmus frowned when he heard that, “are you trying to dismiss my service my Prince.”
“Why would you think that?”
“Because I don’t understand why you would say that. I told you that this loyal servant would be with you every step of the way, no matter what it is you have to do. And just because you showed up a demon is not going to change that. At most, I am just concerned how that happened. No books in the High Council ever said of the Originals being demons, so…”
“The originals aren’t demons. My men as it is, where nothing but the strongest nightwalkers on earth and I was one of them. However, something that happened in the 1900s changed it. You have never asked me how I ended up hurt that I slept for eight hundred years,” he smiled softly at the man.
“That is because the High council chiefs said you wounded yourself to wait for your mate to be born and you only did that because you didn’t want to stay alone since your men decided to leave. You didn’t want to die without finding your mate or having a child of your own, even if all of us are basically your children.”
Sean raised his hand and that brought him the eyes of the other men. He cleared his throat and squeaked out, “I read something like that,” then clearing his throat some more, he said more confidently, “an alpha friend of mine gave me this book they found on a nightwalker they have hunted down for experiments.”
“So you experiment on us, wow,” Rasmus said and Sean immediately waved his hand to deny the accusation.
“That is because we wanted to learn more about you guys and the words are you are doing the same to us. The fight is too strong that no clan wants to talk about their strength or weakness with the other. Ah,” he groaned and shook his head, “anyways, what I am say is that that is the news, that you wounded yourself to wait for your mate to be born. Although, I read another book after that one that said you died in the sleep which was why you never woke up. Also, it’s why I didn’t believe when Aliyah told me she is mated to the dark prince but when I thought about it, the book that talked about you being asleep was a nightwalker’s book and the one that talked about your death was ours so, it wasn’t that hard figuring out which one to believe.”
Edward sighed. “I had engaged in a fight with the demon princess. She didn’t believe that I could be stronger than her. It was supposed to be just a spar but I took it to a whole new level when I killed her by draining her blood.”
Both Rasmus and Sean gasped, staring at the man in wonder.
Edward shrugged. “Her blood reacted in me, giving me her powers, which was strange because I feed on other creatures and never took their powers.”
“They didn’t have any powers to give,” Rasmus said, “I think that is why.”
Edward sighed, “anyways, that left me at the demon king’s most wanted list and he had come after me and I barely managed to escape with my life because I was really tasty the day they chanced upon me. I ran here, hoping to go feed when I wake up from a sleep and my wounds would be healed by then. But I didn’t wake up till that day you saw me standing in the room,” he glanced at the nodding Rasmus. “I hid my demon powers throughout the six months I happened to live with them and the only person that knew was Irene and that was because she sensed the strange power in me and had a vision that explained it to her right immediately.”
“So that was why you were able to be that smoky creature. My pack labelled you a demon after that,” Sean said.
“That is understandable since it was technically demon powers,” he shrugged.
“My Prince,” Rasmus stood up, “like I said, this young servant would be by your side every step of the way and he doesn’t care what you are underneath. If you ask me, that just made you my idol the more because now, you are the second strongest creature on earth with the demon king the first. Come to think of it, what if he is the one behind all these?”
“I have had my hunches but nevertheless, we just have to wait to find out. Irene mentioned meeting him, I trust she must have seen who he is or able to have a clear vision now that she has come in contact with him,” Edward sighed, “all in all, we have seen what we are up against so we should be prepared, every single day.”
“Yes, my prince,” Rasmus nodded.
“When are you leaving?” Edward asked Sean who looked around in surprise and pointed at himself like he wasn’t expecting the question. “You don’t expect to stay here forever, did you?”
“No, no, of course not, I am hoping to return today, when the sun is up obviously.”
With a nod, Edward got up to check on Aliyah and Irene. When he got to the room, he saw his little mate sleeping on the couch and sighed and went to her. He considered taking her up to their room but he figured she wouldn’t like that, she had offered to look after Irene after all. However, Sean’s words flashed in his mind and his eyes went to her belly, could it be possible? It’s not been long they got together, so, is it actually a possibility? But he knew what he sensed on her and the fact that it has never been there before. He sighed and slowly picked her up, lying her gently on the bed next to Irene. Kissing her cheek, he checked Irene’s wounds before he left the room.
***
“Alpha, Sean didn’t return yesterday,” Aton complained to Alan.
Alan sighed, “my guess is that he had gone in search of her himself.”
“I thought as much. But what I don’t understand is why he thought he could do it himself, everyone goes out in search of her, why would he want to go alone with all these about deranged rogues.”
“He would be fine, Aton. I can feel his link and it’s as strong as ever,” he sighed, “the boy is stronger than you think he is. Between both of us, I have always wanted him to be with Aliyah, but when the moon goddess chooses, no one can change it,” he said, his eyes going to the red-haired girl that was training with the other wolves.
Aton’s eyes went to Monica as well and he sighed. He too had thought Sean was Aliyah’s mate when he saw how inseparable they were but when they both sat and went through their first mating ceremony without bringing the news, he had known it was a lost course. “Come to think of it, Aliyah ended up mating to a really strong one. You are getting the strongest alpha ever, Alan,” he grinned.
Alan rolled his eyes. “I don’t think any man would want a man over two thousand years older and stronger than him as a son in-law.”
Aton laughed. “You can’t help it and besides, he would bring the strength you have always wanted for Blue Moon pack.”
“The way you speak makes me think you have accepted this union,” Alan accused.
Aton shrugged, “what would you have me do? You just said it yourself, when the moon goddess chooses, no one can change it and Alan, we can’t change this.”
Alan exhaled deeply. “Last night, I felt power leave me.”
“What, doesn’t that mean that…”
“The future alpha has been conceived,” Alan completed with a sigh. “My father said he felt it when I was conceived and that was how he knew my mom was pregnant with me. When I didn’t feel it when Scarlet was finally with a pregnancy that stayed, I knew we won’t be having a male but it didn’t make me love my daughter any less. So last night told me what no one knows yet. Aliyah is pregnant.”
“Forgive me for asking but, don’t alphas feel that when the pregnancy is like a week to two weeks old? Aliyah has only been gone for four days so, when did they mate that she would have conceived for you to know?”
“You see that question; I have been trying to figure it out all night.”
“Alpha,” a voice called behind them and they turned to see the young boy bowing to him. When he looked up, he announced, “your presence is summoned.”
“By who?” Aton asked with a frown.
“The High Howlers.”