Chapter seventy six

“Did you find Aliyah?” Damien asked.
“Yes, Alpha,” Sean answered, bowing to the man.
“Where is she?”
“She is with her mate, alpha.”
“Her mate or her captor?” Argon asked and Damien glared at him, forcing him to shut up immediately.
“Her mate, you say,” Damien turned to Sean, “what makes you think he is her mate and not holding her against her will?”
“I spent the night with them and like everyone know, we communicate through mind link and I am pretty sure if Aliyah was held against her wish, she would have told me in the mind link for me to come for reinforcement and save her. But she had walked me out to the door and said goodbye to me without showing any sign or reluctance or anything like that. High Alpha, permit to say that the vampire prince is not our enemy.”
“I see, then who is?”
“There is a man, we don’t know who yet and the vampire prince is trying to find him. The man is working with witches and they are the ones turning our rogues deranged and making them fight us. There is much more happening out there, High alpha than Aliyah being mated to the vampire prince. If you ask me, I think the only way we can solve this issue is by working together with not just the vampire prince but with the entire nightwalkers. There is a bigger war brewing, Alpha, a war much more dangerous than the great war.”
A loud laughter disrupted the intense moment and everyone glanced at Argon, wondering what was so funny. Seeing that he has gotten everyone’s attention, Argon calmed down and turned to Damien. “Alpha, it is clear that the boy has been bewitched or compelled, whichever you choose. Not only is he siding and defending the nightwalker, he is asking us to work with him, can you believe it?”
“You don’t understand, I saw this myself,” Sean said. “I saw the rogues attack the vampire prince’s castle, I fought them. Alpha,” he turned to Alan, “the day the rogues attacked us in the meadow with the Nebuzars, they asked for Aliyah, am I right?”
Alan sighed and nodded.
“It’s still the same. Only Selene knows what they want with her and if its not for the vampire prince always there to protect her, only Selene knows what would have been her fate or ours by now.”
“I will tell you what would be our fate if we listen to you,” Argon shouted, “in the next three years, we would be slaves to the nightwalkers, slaves. We are the majestic beasts of the forest; we don’t submit to anyone. If anyone should submit it should be those blood sucking beasts. Alpha Damien, this boy is clearly without his senses, if we do what he is suggesting, just be aware that we are buying ourselves first class tickets to hell.”
“Elder Argon is right,” another high howler said. “We definitely can’t work with the Vampire prince. Who is to say he didn’t force him to say these things to us and lower our guards?”
“Yes, that is true. It can be possible. The nightwalkers can never be trusted,” another said and soon, everyone started murmuring.
Alan sighed and stood up, “alpha Damien, Sean was not here when I told you about the rogues. I don’t really think we should turn a blind eye to this. Something tells me that this would come back and bite us in the future.”
“The only person that is going to be beaten is you,” Damien said. “You are the one whose daughter is wanted, at most, you would just lose a child. And as the alpha of alphas and protector of all night howlers, I would rather risk a life to save many than risk many to save one.”
Alan closed his eyes knowing he has lost. He knew nothing he says now would change anybody’s mind and the more he kept going on about it, the more he is putting his pack in danger. Everyone was voicing out their thoughts and all agreeing with each other. His gaze met with Sean’s and he asked in the mind link, ‘how is she?’
‘She is fine, alpha. I have good news for you, you are going to be a grandpa.’
Alan smiled painfully at that. That is if his daughter would be allowed to carry her child and give birth in peace. With all these happening, he doesn’t think he would want anyone to be pregnant at this moment, not with a potential war in front of them.
“High alpha,” a voice called as the door was opened and everyone’s attention went to it. “We just received a mail. It’s from the High council chiefs.”
***
“Lord Malachi, it’s a mail for the high chiefs,” Gregory said as he rushed to meet the man that was having a walk in the garden.
Malachi sighed and kissing the woman with him on the forehead, he turned to meet his servant while the lady excused herself. “Who is it from?”
“The High Howlers,” Gregory announced and a sense of urgency took over Malachi’s expression and he took the mail from him and tore open the seal. Going through it, he sighed. “What does it say, my Lord, did they agree to our terms?”
“It appears that Lady Genevieve was right. I had sent that mail with high hopes that we were wrong but this here, this just proved everything she said. Summon the high chiefs, we have to debate on the best way to handle this new situation. I must say, this is going to bring a change in history and to be honest Gregory, I am really not feeling up to it but we don’t have a choice.”
“Yes, my Lord. I will summon everyone immediately.”
***
“My Lord, I have good news for you,” a man said, entering the really spacious room with a throne at the end and a man was sitting on it. “Everything is going according to plan.”
“Tell me in detail, Cedric,” the man ordered.
Cedric smiled and bowed. “Lady Genevieve had visited the Dark Prince and right now, the High council chiefs are demanding a meeting with the high howlers. Soon, they will be nothing stopping the Great war from repeating and you can finally have what you want.”
“You are wrong, Cedric,” the man said.
“I don’t understand, my Lord, that is what we have been hoping to achieve. Is it not?” Cedric asked.
The man sighed and stood up. He walked behind his throne and stood in front of the tall glass window, looking out at the vast land. “I don’t just want the Great war, Cedric, those measly creatures are nothing but ants to me. All I want is to get rid of the Dark Prince, he is the only true challenger that I have. If I can get the nightwalkers to kill their prince, it will make it all easy for me.”
Cedric frowned. “My Lord, I have been following you for two hundred years and every time I think that I have gotten an idea of your plan, you just confuse me the more. If you want to kill the Dark Prince, we already know how to. The Tree of death would be growing very soon, we just have to stab him in the chest with a bark from it.”
“I know, but I don’t want to kill him using a cheating move. And if I kill him, it would bring war between the nightwalkers and the demons, I don’t want that. Also think of the glory when the nightwalkers would wail and regret when they found out that they have killed their only savior.”
“Please, elaborate more for me to understand,” Cedric pleaded but the man chuckled.
“That is it for now for you Cedric. The wolf is pregnant, I found out last night. Irene is still in coma, so of course she has not told the dark prince who I am, which means, I am still a mystery to him. I will like to remain so until I face him in the battle field but…if his children ends up killing him for me, then I will remain a mystery forever,” he chuckled.
Cedric frowned, sometimes, he can’t help but feel like his Lord has become deranged due to turning a lot of werewolves deranged. One minute he understands him and the next he doesn’t. What exactly does the man wants to do with them? Could it be that all this is a joke to him? Playing with lives? Sometimes, he can’t help but feel like the man doesn’t really have a plan and just wants to show his superiority to his kind and the night howlers and that left him wondering what his gain would be serving him all these years. “You seem pretty calm over the news, I thought you didn’t want her to be pregnant?”
“Of course I don’t, which is why we are going to get rid of it,” the man said.
“How so?”
“Summon Melissa, let her attend the gathering of the High Howlers and High chiefs. Let her tell them about the pregnancy and also the danger that a child born from a wolf mother and a vampire father would bring to the world. Let her tell them that it was the reason the witches have been after her, that they have been trying to stop the calamity but because of their laziness, they have brought chaos upon the world and in which the only to prevent it, the wolf and her child must be killed.”
“What? The Dark Prince will never allow it,” Cedric said.
“Exactly,” the man said. “He will turn against his children to protect his mate and they on the other end, will turn against their father, to protect themselves and their children. That way, there will be a good reason for them to kill their prince and then finish off his mate. But before they could get to her, I would have already laid my hands on that special blood of hers.”
Cedric nodded, swallowing his earlier thoughts. Perhaps the man does have a plan after all, and a wicked one at that. Bowing, he answered, “as you command, my Lord.”