Chapter fifty

Sean stared at the living room that had become a mess and he couldn't believe his eyes. He watched the two big wolves fighting in the living room, one brown and one black. Shredded clothes were everywhere and it was obvious that they had both turned in anger. His gaze went to the crying woman at the corner who looked lost and no doubt trying to get her mate to calm down with the mind link.

"Sean, what is happening?" Aton asked, rushing over.

"I don't know, I just got here, I was alerted by Jim. What about you?" he asked.

"Luna called me with the mind link," he answered before approaching the two wolves. "Alpha, please calm down, this is not the best way to settle this."

Alan roared angrily and bit onto Maximus neck and he was flinging him against the wall. The wall decoration crashed into smithereens on the floor and Scarlet screamed, tears trailing down her cheeks. Sean felt his heart go out to the woman, he has never seen her so weak or so broken. She used to always be a smiling woman, the best Luna the pack has ever had or so he had heard from the older wolves. But now, there was no different from her and an Omega, one would hardly believe her to be the Luna. She had aged so much within the day and he found himself asking again, 'where are you, Aliyah?'

'You may be the oldest wolf here in the pack but I am still your alpha,' Alan yelled in the mind link to Maximus.

'Yes you are the alpha but I will not bow to an alpha who is disregarding the code of conduct that makes him an alpha. You want to put everything in ruins, everything the Grey's have worked so hard for. Jonathan never for once betrayed the alpha code, why would you when he has such high hopes for you?' Maximus replied angrily as he launched an attack.

'You are advising me to kill my daughter, my only child!' Alan yelled, evading the attack and biting onto his leg, attempting to fling him again but Maximus kicked him, disorienting for a second.

'To protect the pack,' Maximus said. 'An alpha protects, always.'

'That is what I am doing, protecting my daughter.'

'Being an alpha comes with sacrifices; it means you have to put your own personal gain aside to protect the pack. The rogues are going deranged, attacking us for no reason and they have made their claim, telling us what they want. They want her, only the goddess knows what they want with her and not only that, she is mated to a nightwalker. And original in fact. Have you gone blind Alan, this is catastrophe that is brewing and if you don't do the right, Blue moon pack is going to be shrouded in chaos, a laughing stock in the presence of other packs. Steven said he hasn't tell anyone, do you really believe that? Like you don't know that Ethan has always been jealous of this pack and would do anything to take our place, your place? Wake up Alan, there is a lot more to this than just saving your daughter. Think about the pack, think about your responsibility.'

'Silence!' Alan yelled with the alpha command. 'I am your alpha and you will obey me, you will bow to me' he commanded and it was obvious that Maximus didn't want to obey but the alpha's command was so strong that even the strongest of wolves couldn't refuse it and so, his big black head was bowing before he could even think of disobeying. Alan stood tall and proud in the messed up living room as he watched the man that was finally relenting, 'Now, I don't want to hear about this again until Aliyah is found and brought home and we can talk about the best approach to this. Is that understood, Elder?'

Maximus growled softly. 'Yes Alpha,' he concurred and ran out of the house before anyone could stop him.

The spectators sighed in relief seeing that the fight was finally over. Aton rushed and grabbed a blanket for Alan who shape-shifted then and wrapped the blanket around his waist. He panted as he glanced at Aton. "Prepare the strongest warriors, we ride out tonight at full moon. We are finding my daughter and we are bringing her home."

"Yes, Alpha," Aton concurred.

"Sean," Alan called and he responded immediately. "You coming?"

"Of course, Alpha," Sean answered.

"Get ready then. Now, leave me," he ordered and everyone left the room and Sean saw him pulling Scarlet into a hug as he closed the door.

"Do you think we will find her?" he asked his father as they walked down the hall.

Aton shrugged, "I don't know but we will still try."

Sean nodded, his gaze going to Steven then. "Aren't you forgetting something?" he raised an eyebrow.

"Huh?" Steven asked then and he face-palmed, "fuck, Gerald. I have to go," he said and Sean nodded. "Hey Sean, call me during the search, I want to join."

"Listen, Steven," Aton called, "I don't really think you should concern yourself too much about our Blue Moon pack, you have tried enough and it is a miracle you are still here. The Black Wind pack would definitely not forgive us if anything happens to their future Alpha. As you have seen the situation of things, my advice would be to take your brother and return to your pack. Now that we know that he suffers from no illness, it would be okay to take him home and let him recover there. The friendship between us and the Black Wind pack is greatly appreciated and I will not want it to turn into war or something."

"Don't worry, Beta, I can definitely protect myself. And like I said, Aliyah and I were venturing into becoming friends, I still want that to happen. As for Gerald, right before we came here, I was told he spoke and he asked of me, so if worse comes to worse, I will just send him and Tom home. Like I said, an alpha always protect and it doesn't matter who or what pack," Steven smiled and jogged away before the man could say something else.

"I am beginning to like him," Aton said just as Tom ran after him and the other wolf left as well.

"Tell me about it," Sean chuckled and they both walked home silently.

***

A man knocked and pushed open the door. There was a man in the room, working on some concoctions on the table. "My Lord," the man called, "there is something you should know."

The man working on the table sighed and asked, "what is it now."

"It's the vampire Prince," the messenger said and the man's fingers paused on what he was doing and he looked up. "He has taken the wolf with him. At the very moment, she is in his palace."

"No," the man said, standing up. "It cannot be. He should hate her and she should be doing the same."

The messenger shrugged. "I was afraid this would happen. I mean, they are mates aren't they and he has already marked her so of course the mating bond will bring them close. No matter how many centuries a hatred could be, it can never be stronger than the mating bond and this is just proving it. It would be understanding if the wolf submit to the mating bond, after all, she was only born into the fight but the Prince, he lived through the fight, he fought it as two creatures, one a human and the other a nightwalker, he bears the most hatred, but still, the mating bond brought him to his knees."

"This cannot happen," the man said. "The closer they are, the stronger the bond becomes and the more attracted they would be to each other and I don't want that. It will ruin my plan."

"I know, that is why I brought the news to you as soon as I heard of it."

The man nodded. "It is still soon. She just went to his palace so there is nothing to be worried about."

"But my Lord, what if they complete the mating process and consummate the bond, what if she conceives?"

"We cannot let that happen. She must not carry his child, it would ruin everything, not necessarily but it would make it harder to carry out the plans."

"Then, what must we do my Lord?"

"Summon the witch for me. Someone has to let the High Council Chiefs know what their highly respected and adored Prince is up to. They have to know that the very person that brought about the treaty is breaking it himself."

The messenger smiled and bowed, "yes, my Lord, as you command."