Chapter thirty six

Aliyah peeked into the training ground from the little gate and when there was no one in sight, she snuck into the property and closed the gate gently behind her. She walked straight to the spear rack and placed her spear, praying that no one noticed it gone before heading straight to Sean’s house. She really needs to speak to him because the last thing she wants now is him being angry at her.
Getting to his house, she saw Beta Aton talking with Emily and thought about hiding as she doesn’t know if everyone has known about her mate because of Steven or even Sean. However, she decided against it as she walked on. Emily smiled on seeing her and she sighed in relief, it means no one knows yet because should anyone know, it should be the Beta and his wife.
Aton turned and on seeing her, he sighed in relief, “Aliyah, thank Goodness, where the heck have you been?”
“Hi Beta Aton, I have just been training,” she replied, praying that Sean haven’t told them otherwise.
“Where?” Aton raised an eyebrow.
Aliyah lowered her head to appear apologetic, “in the woods.”
“Aliyah, what did I say about the woods?”
“I’m sorry Beta Aton.”
“Aton, leave her alone, it would be hard to keep her from the woods, you know that,” Emily said.
“But the woods is dangerous now, Emily, the last thing I would want is something happening to her and I don’t have to tell you how Alan would react to it.”
“I know but I’m sure she didn’t go far, right Aliyah?”
“Yes, Emily, I really didn’t,” she nodded and hated that she had to lie.
Aton sighed, “please, stay away from the woods, at least till we figure out what is happening.”
Aliyah nodded once more. “What about Steven?”
Aton frowned, “the Black Wind Pack future Alpha?” he asked and when she nodded, he shrugged. “He saw his father off with their men. I heard he would be staying over for a few days because of his brother. I really wonder what happened to him.”
“Me too,” Aliyah said while avoiding her face. She cleared her throat after, “Anyway, is Sean home?”
“Yes, he is with Monica in his room,” Emily responded.
“Oh,” Aliyah licked her lips. “Guess I will see him later then, can you tell him I came by?”
“Of course there but if it’s very important, you can go in and see him. I promise you that they are decent,” she grinned.
Aliyah smiled and shook her head, “it’s okay, I will see him later tonight.”
“Alright dear, take care.”
“Thank you,” she smiled. “See you, Beta Aton,” she turned and left after receiving a nod from the man.
As she walked to her house, she couldn’t stop thinking of what Edward said about the rogues and she found herself wondering who the strange man is as well. If he can make the rogues deranged and could make their bodies disappear, what other things is he capable of and what exactly does he want from her? She wondered as she remembered Edward’s words that night on the blood moon and also the fact that the two wolves today had come for her as well. She remembered Edward said the man had changed them in his very presence and she wondered if it had to be something they ate or?
“Finally, you are back,” she turned and saw Steven.
“Didn’t you leave to see your father and your people off?” she asked.
“I’m back,” he replied and turned to the boy with him. “Go wait for me in the room, Tom,” he ordered and the boy left. He sighed and waited till Tom was out of his sight before he turned to Aliyah. “So, about what happened in the woods?”
Aliyah exhaled. “Steven, I have only met you today and I know that we have our differences but I will really need you to keep this a secret.”
“Relax, if I had wanted to tell anyone, I’m sure you would have been arrested for treason already.”
“Oh, thank you,” Aliyah smiled. “It’s amazing that under that gloating head of yours that there’s still some reasoning.”
“Ha ha, insult me one more time and I am telling everyone,” he said but she rolled her eyes, knowing he didn’t mean it. “I am keeping quiet only for one reason though.”
“Which is?”
“The nightwalker, he would be of good use to us.”
“You better not let Edward hear that you are thinking of using him, trust me, the man loves to kill more than he smiles.”
Steven watched her for some minutes. “What?” she ended up asking and he shrugged.
“Nothing, it’s just…you seem pretty relaxed about this whole thing.”
“What would you have me do?”
“Have you accepted him?”
Aliyah shrugged, “he hasn’t accepted me either.”
“You didn’t answer my question but that’s by the way. If he hasn’t accepted you, why did he mark you?”
“Where you deaf earlier in the woods?” she raised an eyebrow.
Steven rolled his eyes. “How can someone mark you while trying to kill you?”
“Hello, his fangs?”
“What did you even go to do in the human realm that you were punished for?”
“Why all these questions, are you trying to get to know me or something?”
“As a matter of fact, yes,” He agreed without batting an eye. “You are different, plus the fact that you do everything forbidden. No she-wolf in my pack would ever wonder to human realm, they are all afraid of the whip but you…the alpha’s daughter went and received her thrashing without batting an eye or where you thinking as the Alpha’s daughter that you would be pardoned?”
“You and I both know that Alpha’s are not supposed to be partial, Steven.”
Steven nodded, “true, but it’s still surprising. You really have some guts, I will tell you that,” he smiled.
“What, you think we are friends now?” Aliyah raised an eyebrow.
“If I am holding such secret of yours, do you think we are friends? Hell no, you are going to be my ally, otherwise your secret goes out and we both know you don’t want that,” he smirked.
“Blackmailing me, Steven, are you sure you have what it takes?”
Steven scoffed. “I will think twice if I were you before summoning a nightwalker into a wolf’s den.”
“Oh, Edward is not someone you summon, he only goes where he wants to.”
Steven smiled, “I don’t care, Alpha’s daughter but if I am you, I would think twice from this day forward before crossing me.” He tugged at her scarf and she held onto it while glaring at him. He chuckled, “first day in your pack and I already uncovered your secret. I said it, Blue Moon pack isn’t as smart as they are rumored to be.”
“You only did because you followed me into the woods wanting to have a secret fight with me. My pack mates has no reason to find me suspicious hence why no one knows but if you think you can bend me to my knees because of this, I will have you know that no secret is hidden forever and I won’t mind letting Edward rip your head off like he had wanted to do today. Trust me, I am the one you should be afraid of because I am the one mated to an Original. So in this case, I would think twice before crossing me if I were you.”
Steven watched the girl, silently praising her in his mind. She really has a backbone. Here he was thinking she would run after him, pleading with him and doing everything he wants just to get him to keep his mouth shut but here she was, actually threatening him? Like seriously? She is not afraid that he would rattle her out? Well, he knows he won’t but he was actually hoping he would use it to hold her down only for her to be reacting like this. He felt a sudden attraction to her then because he knew that a girl like her is the only one worthy to be his mate but too bad she is already taken and by a man who he would never afford to cross.
“Did that sink in, Steven?” Aliyah asked when the boy didn’t say anything and just kept staring at her. “If so, then good, see you tomorrow at the training ground,” she said and turned around, walking straight home and feeling the boy’s gaze at her back.
Steven watched her leaving back and when she was out of his sight, all he could say was “wow.” He knew he didn’t like her but he also know that he loves her mannerism. Every she-wolf at his pack always act weakly in front of him and always cower at his presence and fawn at him when he passes. Only her, only her was the first she-wolf he has ever encountered that talked to him like he was just an ordinary wolf and he was surprised that he actually liked it. He sighed and shook his head, knowing that even if his likeness grows into attraction, he was never going to have her. Exhaling, he turned and jogged to his room.