Chapter sixty three

Sean closed his eyes and placed his hand on the door knob, heaving a deep sigh he opened his eyes and turned the knob, his eyes determined as he scanned the hallway. His parents’ room was just at the end of the hallway and he was glad for the first time that it was so since he doesn’t have to pass their room with his father being a light sleeper. He gulped and walked into the living room, blowing out a deep breath as he slowly unlocked the door. Safely outside, he praised himself for successfully leaving his house without waking his father up, that never happened before.
He cracked his neck, knowing it was now the big work started, he has to evade the watch wolves without being spotted, otherwise, he wasn’t going anywhere. He used the shadows to his advantage despite knowing he could be spotted but he knows how to sneak in and out of a place, hence why the alpha always get him for the job. Finally approaching the small gate at the training ground, he sighed in relief and made a run for it.
His hand reached for the gate handle but unfortunately, it opened from the outside and he came face to face with Catherine. He gulped and licked his lips, offering the woman a nervous smile. “Good morning, Catherine.”
“Good morning future Beta, I take it you are going somewhere?”
“Um…yeah, yeah, I have to um…go somewhere. What about you, where are you coming from?”
“I haven’t slept a wink last night. The Luna is having a hard time sleeping tonight again and none of my sedatives worked on her. We had to take her to the clinic so that I can keep a good eye on her but this morning, she started having joint pain and you know how she is. She doesn’t really love the human medicines so I went to get some plants to make herb. Where did you say you are going again?”
“Oh, um…just somewhere. I will be back soon.”
“I see,” Catherine nodded, “But why are you sneaking out though?”
“Catherine, please,” Sean sighed, “just don’t tell anyone you saw me.”
“You know once your father wakes up you are the first person he calls to for training, so?”
“I will be back, I promise…just…lie low, you didn’t see me and we didn’t share a discussion.”
“You know I don’t lie.”
“Catherine.”
“Alright, alright, I definitely didn’t see you, future Beta,” she smiled and stepped into the training ground. They looked at each other for some seconds before Sean nodded and thanked her. He went outside into the woods and Catherine shut the gate after him.
As soon as he was in the woods, he took off his clothes and tying it up with a tread, he shape-shifted into his wolf and picked up the clothes with his mouth and he was sprinting further into the woods the next second.
***
“Thank you, Irene, for everything, I really appreciate,” Aliyah smiled at the woman and secretly happy that they have to leave early which means she doesn’t have to take that disgusting medicine anymore.
Irene smiled and was handing her a bag soon after, “it contains your remaining medicine. I would have asked you to take today’s own here but I figured Edward would love to feed it to you. It will finish tomorrow so you have nothing to worry about. I told you three days did I not?” she raised an eyebrow, forcing herself not to laugh at the look the younger girl was giving her.
“What medicine?” Edward asked and Aliyah winced.
“It’s a concoction I decocted to help wash away the effects of the witch’s charm. She needs to take it for the three days so she just needs today and tomorrow which is what I packed for her,” Irene smiled.
“I see,” Edward nodded, “thanks Irene, you have been a great help.”
“Anytime, my Prince, anytime.”
Edward took the medicine from her and wrapping his hand on Aliyah’s waist, he nodded at the woman before they left the cottage. Aliyah didn’t get the chance to admire the sunset because a certain someone was running like the light itself and she couldn’t open her eyes. When she finally felt the breeze stop, she opened her eyes and the castle was right in front of her. Seriously, this man’s speed is still a surprise to her.
The doors opened and Rasmus bowed on seeing them. “Welcome my Prince,” and to Aliyah, he said, “my Lady.”
Aliyah was shocked at that, the man had refrained from calling her anything the day she first saw him and just went on straight to tell her whatever he wanted and now he was calling her his Lady, seriously?
“I trust you prepared everything I asked you to?” Edward asked.
“Of course, my Prince,” he bowed, “I took yesterday to arrange everything just as you wanted me to.”
“Good,” Edward said and grabbing Aliyah’s hand, he led her into the house. Aliyah was surprised when he started pulling her to where normally should have been a kitchen but she had checked, it was as empty as anything so why would he be taking her there? “I have something to show you,” Edward answered and she had rolled her eyes, cursing herself for always forgetting that he could feel her thoughts and worry.
When they got to the double doors, Edward let go of her hand to open them and he stepped in, waiting for her to follow. Aliyah couldn’t believe her eyes when she did, if she hadn’t experienced it herself, she would have said she was dreaming. She was only gone yesterday but the kitchen was looking fantastic compared to the empty room she had seen two days ago. She wowed as she went to the double door refrigerator and opened it to wow some more, the fridge was parked with four months of food supply. She glanced around, there wasn’t any utensil out of place, every single thing needed in a kitchen was right there, down to aprons as well as she saw where three were hanged close to the pantry.
“Does it have everything you will need?” Edward asked, looking around and mesmerized as well, Rasmus really kept himself busy last night.
“When…how…I don’t understand. It was empty the day before yesterday.”
“Few minutes is enough for a nightwalker to arrange anything, talk about a whole night,” Edward smiled. “Do you like it?”
“Like it? I love it. I have never seen such stocked up kitchen before.”
“I can understand him on that part. I guess he doesn’t really know the things you would like and so just bought everything,” he shrugged.
Aliyah chuckled, her eyes going to the black shining cooker. “Just looking at that makes me want to cook and now, I am feeling hungry.”
Edward chuckled, glad that she loved it. He had wanted her to feel at home, after all, as his mate, this is her home now. It still felt strange to him but he was loving every memory that comes with it. “Then I will leave you to it,” he said but she was already getting out the ingredients she needs and didn’t reply to him. He smiled at that and left the kitchen, closing the doors after him.
Rasmus was waiting for him and he bowed on seeing him, “does my Lady love her new kitchen?”
“You did good, Rasmus, I am impressed myself.”
“Thank you, my Prince, I had a human woman help me. I hired her and she helped me to get everything and then told me where to put them. Be rest assured that I didn’t bring anyone to the house.”
“Of course, I know you didn’t,” Edward sighed.
Rasmus looked up at him, “is something wrong my prince?”
“I went to the High Council during my spare time yesterday.”
“Oh, what could possibly be the reason that they wanted to see you so urgently? They had called that night at the restaurant wanting to speak with you and just as I was coming back to meet you, I saw the rogues.”
“The rogues attacked them that night. Although the fight was easily won but they are worried.”
“Did the rogues looked like they did that night?” Rasmus asked and Edward nodded. “Whoa, what could be their deal anyway? They had to attack a nightwalker council and it was the High council, what are they planning?”
“That is the thing. Malachi suspects that they are trying to tell them something.”
“What is that supposed to mean?” Rasmus asked.
Edward shrugged. “I don’t know but at this rate,” he glanced at the closed kitchen doors, “they would be finding out about her soon.”
Rasmus caught on what he was saying and he nodded. “But you know my Prince, you can’t keep her a secret forever. By any chance, does her people know about you two?” Edward nodded and he sighed. “Then I am sure their High Howlers would be visiting the High Chiefs soon and if that happens…”
“It doesn’t matter,” Edward interrupted. “And I don’t care if they find out,” he glanced at the man, his midnight blue eyes determined. “Whoever that tries to lay a hand on her is getting the worst of me and I don’t care if they happen to be my children.”
Rasmus nodded and bowed, smiling softly. “Of course, my Prince and this loyal servant will be with you every step of the way.”
Edward sighed, “thank you, Rasmus,” he smiled and glanced at the doors once more before deciding to enter, intrigued to see what she was making.