Chapter fifty three

Irene sighed and licked her lips. "What are we going to do? Without the location spell I can't find her."

"Then I will burn the whole forest down to find them," Edward replied, his eyes glaring red and when he sensed a human watching him, his gaze turned to her sharply and he flashed his fangs at her, making her cower in fear.

"Edward," Irene put her hand on him, "calm down, she is innocent."

Edward growled, "the more I stay here, the more I am wasting time."

"But what are you going to do?"

"I already told you what I am going to do."

"You can't do that, you will annoy the demons and I don't need to remind you that you are not in peaceful term with them already." She sighed and licked her lips, "is there a scent you perceived here other than hers?"

"Yes. Witches," he replied.

"Where exactly?"

Edward took a long sniff, "here," he pointed to the chair he was sitting on earlier.

Irene nodded and went over to the chair. Placing her hand on it, she closed her eyes and started muttering an incantation. Edward watched her, surprised at first but when he saw her shivering, he placed his hands on her shoulders and shook her softly. "Irene?" he called softly but her eyes remained closed and a second later, he noticed blood trailing out of her nostril, "Irene," he called a little louder now and her eyes opened but they were ashen in color and she was stiff. "Irene," Edward called again, shaking her now to wake her up and finally, life returned in her eyes and she exhaled tiredly, falling into his arms. He helped her sit down on the chair she was holding just now and looked at her worriedly, "are you alright?"

"She is a strong one," she whispered, panting. She shook her head and wiped away the blood from her nose, "very strong. She must be a leader of a coven hence why it was hard reading her location from her place of contact. But anyways," she looked at him with a soft smile, "I'm pretty strong on my own. They are in the woods, red carriage. But you have to hurry, she is trying to create a portal to transfer them."

"What about you?" Edward asked, even though he was already in a haste to leave, he still had to ask about her.

"Don't worry, I will be fine. I just need to get my strength back first," she smiled and he nodded and was out the door before she could say something else. She chuckled softly and her eyes scanned around the room, not at all surprised to find all eyes on her. She flashed the humans a soft smile and placed her head on the table, their tiny little brains will never understand what just happened. She just hope Edward would get to them in time, her vision just now may be a little late than the present time but he is the fastest vampire she knows, she believes that he would meet up in time, hopefully.

***

"What is it?" A man asked the white haired woman.

The woman closed her eyes and when she opened them, she turned to the man, "someone just tapped on my location," she turned to the girl sleeping beside her. "We have to hurry up, I can feel him coming."

"Oh God no," the man exclaimed.

"Shut up, what is wrong with you?"

"I thought you said the rogues would keep him busy?"

"That was the plan, but it seems being more than two thousand years old have an advantage."

"Oh maybe the mating mark called him?"

"No," she shook her head. "She is having a peaceful sleep so the mating mark won't alert him of any danger. If she had marked him then yes but she hasn't, the bond is not yet complete and that is why we have to be out of here as soon as possible."