Chapyer sixty eight

“It’s the undead rogues,” Sean said when they got outside and saw the growling animals. “Does it mean the person that attacked her is the one responsible for all these?”
“That’s what it seems like. I may not have come in direct contact with her before but my master seems to care for her very much. So,” Rasmus said and glanced at Sean, “we will make sure that they didn’t get a hold of her or his mate, is that understood?”
“You can count on me,” Sean replied, growing big as his clothes shredded into pieces until a big red wolf was standing at his place. He growled and Rasmus nodded, his eyes flashing red as his claws and fangs elongated and they were charging at the wolves in the next second. Sean was glad the rogues weren’t advanced ones which means he could fight them head on and even kill them without worrying about anything.
It should be said that they were winning the fight judging by the countless dead bodies that were now surrounding them, however, it also seemed like the more they killed, the more rogues appeared. However, they made it really clear when they said no one was getting inside as they made sure of it.
“What are you saying?” Aliyah shifted back from the woman on the bed. “Edward and I have only been together two days ago, so how can you be saying that I am pregnant?”
Irene chuckled and coughed soon after. “Like I said, no medical kit can prove it now but that doesn’t mean the baby isn’t growing. I see with the universe and remember when I said my vision may happen two weeks later or a few days later or even the next minute. You can be feeling perfectly normal but it doesn’t mean it’s not there and as a werewolf, you will be able to tell after a week, after all, you are not like humans and your pregnancy span is four months unlike normal wolves that last only two months. But in this case, you are mated to a nightwalker so I trust you would be giving birth at three months because nightwalkers pregnancy span is somewhere between two to three months.” She sighed and closed her eyes, “honestly, I wish I have my strength, I had really looked forward to having this discussion with you.”
Aliyah didn’t hear the rest of the things she said as she placed her hand on her stomach, I could be pregnant? No, not could be, to Irene, I am already pregnant, but… she glanced at the woman whose eyes were now shut due to the pain she was going through. I’m really pregnant? She remembered her earlier words then, ‘Edward would be so thrilled, he has been waiting for so long,’ does it mean Edward has always wanted a child of his own but because he has not mated, no woman could bear him a child?
The news was trying to take over her senses but the situation they were in was making it hard already for her to concentrate. “Oh God,” Irene mumbled, her body stiffening on the bed. “I only have thirty minutes left; I could already feel the poison flowing through my blood stream to my heart.” She heaved a deep sigh and grunted, “Rasmus is busy, I will suggest you get ready to stab me in the heart with your claws.”
“No, never,” Aliyah said immediately and rushed to her, holding her hand once again. “Edward would be back, he promised you.”
“There is no time, even if he comes back now, I still need to concoct the antidote and if you are noticing, my strength is failing greatly here, forget that I am speaking clearly to you, I’m weak, Aliyah.”
“Then stop talking, reserve that strength,” Aliyah tightened her hand on hers. “Edward will be here, you said he has never failed you before, he won’t start now.”
“The python demons live very far from here and of course no python would be willing to give up their life to save a witch or anybody in fact. I am sure he is already in a battle as it is. Please Aliyah, grant me this wish by not letting me serve that man even if my body would be the only one serving him.”
“I am willing to wait till the last minute, I am sure…” she was distracted when a loud clashing sound resonated around the room and they looked to see a rogue jumping in through the broken window. Aliyah jumped immediately and back up to the door. The wolf glanced at Irene and then to her but rather than go to Irene, it started going to her. Aliyah knew then that the mysterious man had changed his mind upon seeing her and so tasked the wolf to get her instead.
She glanced around her, there was no weapon in sight and as she almost transformed, she remembered Irene’s words and her hand instinctively went to her belly. Although they can shape shift into their wolves when pregnant but even back at their pack, it was not advisable for a pregnant she-wolf to engage in trainings talk more of a fight for life and death. She closed her eyes and sighed, willing Edward to please sense her situation and come like he always does.
She sensed the wolf leap at her and successfully evaded the attack, she turned sharply just as it charged at her again and elongating her claws, she used them to her advantage by scratching the wolf on the face. She growled at it and charged, attacking with her claws and since she didn’t shape shift, it means she was small and flexible and so she was sliding under the wolf and clawing at it’s stomach, hitting a break by stepping on the door. The wolf growled angrily, blood splattering everywhere as it kicked and attacked aimlessly in the room.
Aliyah knew she wasn’t fighting to protect one life now but three and an immense strength from nowhere consumed her then as she was not willing to lose any of the lives. She attacked again, aiming for the eyes this time and successfully plucked out the wolf’s eyes. Now blind and finally at her mercy, she leaped onto it’s back and slit it’s throat, making sure to dig her claws very deeply into the throat. The wolf swirled around and kicked but it slumped on the floor dead due to the excess blood loss.
Aliyah picked herself from the floor, panting heavily and covered in blood that thanks to the goddess was not hers. Irene stared at her in wonder, surprised at the fight she just witnessed. The wolf was nearly five times bigger than her and she had killed it without suffering a blow, what the heck? “Edward really needs to change his nickname for you, there is no way that you are a weak little wolf,” she praised.
Aliyah chuckled and rushed to her, “are you okay?” she asked worriedly.
“Thanks to you, I have no added injury and…” her words seized in her throat when another wolf jumped in from the window, followed by another and another and soon, three pairs of white eyes were staring at them. No doubt the man had sent them knowing where they were now from the other wolf. “You can’t win this one, Aliyah,” Irene murmured.
“I have to try,” she whispered, her claws elongating once more. The wolves snarled and were charging at her all at once. Aliyah prayed silently for the previous strength to return once more as she attacked and evaded their teeth and claws. The fight was a lot tougher than the other one but she was getting by really fine thanks to the moon goddess who she believes was guiding her and also the added speed she really had no idea when she had gotten.
Soon, one wolf dropped dead and just as one was leaping at her, Irene casted a spell that suspended it in the air and soon after, it blew into pieces, splattering blood and flesh everywhere. Aliyah glanced at the woman to see her crouching beside the bed with her hand on her neck. “Irene,” she rushed to her but the third wolf slammed into her, slamming her badly against the wall.
“Aliyah!” Irene was dumfounded at what just happened. She saw the wolf stalking towards her. However, she noticed something else, the wolf wasn’t preparing to pick her up and leave with her, rather, it was raising it’s paw like it wanted to hit her and that was when she figured it out. The man in black must have found out that Aliyah was pregnant since the rogue was aiming to hit her on the belly. Right before the blow landed, she shouted and rushed in, blocking the blow with her body and blood splattered out of her mouth onto Aliyah whose eyes widened in shock then.
A gruesome sound resonated through the room then as the wolf was lifted up in air and tore into pieces, blood and the torn body parts falling on the floor. Aliyah looked up at the horrific scene to see the blood eyes monster standing in the room and if it wasn’t for her mating mark on his neck, she would never have believed him to be her mate.