Chapter seventy five

“I really can’t believe it. Aliyah has really changed the way things are around here,” Natasha said, linking her hand with Eric’s as they walked down the hallway.
“Tell me about it. If I hadn’t seen it for myself that day, I would have never believed that she was mated to a nightwalker,” Eric replied.
“You know, she always bragged about how she would be finding a strong male to be her alpha but I never thought she would go so far. Do you think she seduced the vampire prince? If she really did then I must know how she gathered enough courage to even sneak into his palace. I also want to know what he must be thinking that made him not kill her on first sight.”
“Really Natasha? That’s all you are worried about?” Eric turned to her with a disapproving look. “The High Howlers are here in our pack, Aliyah has been missing for days and there is a ninety percent chance that they would be war between us and the nightwalkers and all you are worried about is how she seduced her mate?”
Natasha pouted and shrugged. “She always bragged about finding a strong mate, I don’t want to believe that she found not just a strong mate but the strongest creature on earth.”
“Oh my God,” Eric shook his head, his ponytail bouncing left and right. “So at the moment in time, you are still worried about your biff with her and your stupid bet about who would have a strong mate? Well news flash Natasha, I am just a delta wolf and he, he is a nightwalker, a nightwalker original, he would be killing me before I take a step close to him. So please, get it in your thick skull that compared to him, I am a weak mate and I won’t be dying just to satisfy your useless ego.”
“It hasn’t gotten to that,” she rolled her eyes. “No one is telling you to fight the vampire prince, I am just saying…”
“He is back,” Eric interrupted by saying and she looked at him and followed his gaze to the gate to see Sean walking in. The watch wolves surrounded him to check up on him and as one of the warrior wolves, Eric jogged to meet up with them. On approaching, he heard a wolf saying, “Sean, thank God, we actually thought you were dead.”
“Come on, Linus, do I look like someone who would die so soon?” Sean asked and Eric rolled his eyes, so full of himself, he thought.
“It’s good you are back,” he said, bringing everyone’s attention to him. “At least you know well by coming back and didn’t abandon your duties.”
“As a matter of fact, Eric, I left to carry on my duties and I came back once that situation is solved,” Sean replied.
“What does that mean? Did you find her?” a boy asked.
“Of course, I did, will I be here if I didn’t?”
“Then where is she?” Eric asked.
“I didn’t leave to bring her back, I left to make sure she is okay and I came back when I got my answer.”
“Really, or could it be you chickened out when you saw the vampire prince,” Eric taunted.
“Ha-ha, very funny,” Sean replied and turned to the boy that always followed his father around. “Where is my father?”
“Alpha’s mansion,” the boy replied. “Sean,” he called when Sean wanted to leave, “High Howlers are here.”
“What? Since when?”
“Since early afternoon,” another one answered. “And from what I heard, they won’t be leaving until the High Council chiefs reply to their message.”
“High Council chiefs, as in the nightwalkers High council chiefs?” Sean asked just to be sure.
“Affirmative,” the first boy said. Sighing, he revealed, “I think there is going to be war Sean. Alpha has not said anything but he has been preparing us with the mind link.” He shook his head and bit his lip, “everyone is scared, no one knows who will survive. At the moment, the only people that are still safe is the Omegas, alpha said we should not tell them anything. As the weakest wolves, they don’t need to bother about this kind of thing for now.”
Sean nodded, “thanks guys, I will go greet the alpha,” he said and getting a nod from them. He walked away. He overheard Eric asking, “you don’t really think he saw her, did you?” and he rolled his eyes, who cares what he thinks?
“Sean,” he heard on his way to the alpha’s mansion and turned sharply to catch the girl that jumped into his arms. “Oh my God, I have been so worried.”
Hugging her tightly, he breathed in her scent and felt a sense of calm wash over him. “I’m fine, and I am so sorry.”
“You told me you will not do anything stupid,” Monica accused when she released him from the hug. She looked up at him with accusing eyes, “you didn’t even bother to tell me what you were planning, am I that insignificant to you, Sean?”
“Of course not. Monica, I love you.”
“Do you?” She asked, “because your action yesterday is saying otherwise.”
“Monica,” he cupped her cheeks and kissed her temple. “I know you are worried and I am terribly sorry for making you feel like that but never you doubt my feelings for you. You mean the world to me.”
“Really Sean? And yet you abandoned me with no words, no message for nearly forty-eight hours. Do you really want me to believe that?”
“Monica…”
“Do you know all the things I have thought about? Will it always be her first between us?”
“Monica please, don’t do that now.”
“Really? I should not do it now? You left me Sean, you left me with no words for nearly forty-eight hours to find her, to look for her. You are worried about her safety but what about mine? What about my peace of my mind.”
“Don’t be like this Monica, you are safe here.”
“I am safe but what about you? How do I know if you are safe. Can’t you have mercy on me? In my condition I am not even supposed to be having this kind of emotional stress,” she sniffled, wiping away the tears that ran down her cheeks angrily while the boy in front of her stood in shock.
“Your condition?” He asked.
Sniffling, she nodded and wiped the tears away once more. “I came by to tell you yesterday when I heard your parents discussing about your absence. This whole thing with Aliyah had got everyone so worked up that I didn’t even notice the changes. I woke up feeling sick and I went to see Catherine and she ran a test on me and gave me the news.” She sniffled once more but this time there was a smile playing on her lips, “I’m pregnant Sean,” she chuckled.
“Oh my God,” Sean said as he ran his fingers through his hair, everything he wanted to report to his father and the alpha leaving his mind as he tried to digest the news he was just given. “There are so many things to do now. We have to get married and find our own apartment, we have to prepare and make sure everything goes well…”
“Calm down, Sean,” she interrupted, placing her hands on his arm and sighing. “The thing is I am wondering if now is a good time.”
“What do you mean by that, what do you mean by if it’s a good time. Every time is a good time, Monica. Come on, what are you talking about, we are going to have our own pup, every time is perfect for it.”
“I know Sean but…” she sighed, her face wrapped in worry. “There is rumor that there is going to be a war. The High Howlers has been here since morning and there is no sign of them leaving. I heard they have sent a letter to the High Council chiefs. I don’t want to have a child in the middle of the second great war Sean. I don’t want to bring anyone into a world filled with chaos.”
“Hey, hey,” he cupped her cheeks in his hands and kissed her on the lips. “Everything will be okay, trust me.”
“But…”
“Monica, I will do everything within my power to make sure that our pup has a good life, you have my word.”
“Sean,” a voice called and they both turned. It was one of the older wolves and Sean knew his arrival must have been noticed by the alpha. “Alpha wants to speak with you.”
“Yes,” Sean nodded and the man turned and left. He glanced at Monica and smiled, “I will come find you after I have answered Alpha and then we talk about this. But please, don’t get any ideas, okay? Everything would be fine.” Monica nodded and he kissed her once more before he turned and walked on to the alpha’s mansion while she watched him leave.

Hi dears, Author here.
If you are enjoying the story so far, can you let me know what you think in comments and also, can you appreciate my effort by voting for the chapters and following me? I would greatly appreciate that ❤️