Chapter fifty two

"My Prince," Rasmus rushed to Edward when he saw him. "It's the rogues, I just saw them."

Edward growled softly, "which way?"

"Towards the forest, they were in their true forms," Rasmus answered, clearly surprised at what he just witnessed. "And, it looks like they were deranged or something, their eyes..." he was saying but Edward had already sprinted away and he followed him, shoving his phone into his pocket.

Approaching the forest, they heard their howls and Edward increased his pace. The rogues were just at the forest edge and they watched him come. He stopped, few meters from them as he watched them. They didn't attack and he didn't want to start the fight as well. Rasmus caught up shortly after and he stood beside him, he glanced from Edward to the wolves and back to Edward again. He wanted to ask a lot of questions but he knew that was not the time.

A Rogue stepped forward and he growled at them. Edward watched him, his claws slowly elongating, getting ready for the fight he knew was coming. The rogue snarled, flashing it's sharp teeth at him but Edward didn't move, didn't attack and didn't say a word. The clock ticked by, seconds turned into minutes before the wolf finally leaped towards him and with one slash, Edward sliced it into halves with his claws and the rest all started attacking then. It was a bloodied fight, but he was more than ready.

***

"Who are you?" Aliyah asked the woman in front of her. She was not a nightwalker, neither is she a werewolf because her scent was something she had never perceived before and she is definitely not human. She stared at her warily, wondering how she got there and what she certainly wants with her.

"Easy Princess, all in due time," the woman smiled. She had long white hair that cascaded down her shoulders and her eyes were neither blue nor green, just something she just couldn't name and has never seen before. "I just want to have a little chat with you."

"I am not interested," Aliyah said, "and if you must know, that seat is already occupied."

"Oh, I'm sure the occupant wouldn't mind me using it for a while, he is pretty occupied at the moment," she chuckled. "Wow, you look just the same, nothing different."

Aliyah frowned, "what the hell are you talking about?"

"You don't remember, right princess?"

"I am not a princess."

"Oh, of course not," she chuckled, "now you are not. But you were a princess, a very fair one at that, if only you would remember."

"What the hell are you talking about? Stop beating around the push and just go straight to the point," Aliyah yelled and sensed everyone looking at her. She glanced around, ignoring the inquisitive eyes and her gaze went to the door as she wondered what was keeping Edward or even Rasmus.

The woman smiled and her eyes shone bright blue as she said, "how about I just show you," and then she poured something powdery at her. Aliyah winced and shut her eyes and the next second, she slumped on the table. The woman scoffed and glanced around, no one seemed interested on what was happening and she snapped her fingers at the two people that were sitting at a table two tables from theirs. The men came forward and picked Aliyah up, "be fast about it, we must leave here before he senses her absence."

"Of course," they answered and they left the restaurant.

***

Edward slashed his claws through another rogue and he frowned. He has fought them before but he can't help but feel like there was something different about their fight tonight. They were attacking, yes, but it was different from their other attacks. It was almost like they were trying to stall him, going after him one after the other instead of in group like always. It felt like they were trying to prolong the fight unnecessarily and thinking to that, he stopped, his mind going towards Aliyah but there was nothing. If she was in danger, he would have felt it, he would have sensed it but there was nothing now. However, it still felt strange, everything felt strange.

Why did the Rogues run to the forest, why did they just show themselves in the human realm and then came here for a fight. If he didn't know better, he would think that they lured him out. And that was the final straw for him. He turned sharply then, ignoring the other rogues and started racing back to the mall. He sensed the rogues chasing him now and he almost cursed for he realized he was right, it was a trap and he fell head-first into it.

The rogues started coming out from nowhere, attacking him and it all made him want to get to the restaurant as fast as possible. He fought them, fighting and running but the human town seemed too far now and for once since this whole thing started, he regretted not having Aliyah mark him. He couldn't sense any danger from her but he could feel that something is wrong, it just doesn't feel right. If she had marked him, completing the mating bond, he would be able to sense her, to feel her or wherever she is without her being in danger first.

The wolves started jumping on him, biting and attacking him from all corners. "Rasmus!" Edward yelled and the young servant rushed to him then. "Take care of them," he yelled, "and no matter what you do, don't bite them," and he impaled his claws into one and ripped the head from another. He growled in anger, his eyes flashing red as he ripped another in halves. Abandoning Rasmus to take care of them, he turned and sprinted to the mall and for the first time since his existence, he prayed to the moon goddess and his prayer was for Aliyah to be sitting on the chair, waiting for him and for her to look up upon his arrival and smile like she did today in his palace when he bought her food. Oh, what he wouldn't give just to find her smiling at him now.

However, his worst fear became true when he got to the mall and right outside the restaurant, he couldn't see Aliyah sitting on her seat. He felt a growing fear inside him as he rushed into the restaurant and to their table. It was obvious she wasn't there but then he sensed something, her smell but with something else. He took a long sniff and his red eyes burned redder as he cursed, "witches." He turned sharply to leave but he saw someone. He quickly made his way towards her when he saw the urgency on her face. "What is it?"

"Edward, they are going to take her. God, I have been searching for you. I went to your palace but you were not there and then I had to cast a location spell to find you, you don't how hard it has been. Quickly, let's go get her before they find her," Irene said in one breath, panting heavily.

Edward closed his eyes and held the woman on her shoulders. When he opened them, he looked deeply into her eyes, "Irene, I need you to have another vision."

"What? You know it doesn't work like that and besides..." she paused, finally understanding what was happening. "Oh God," she whispered, "how did it happen?"

"They lured me out," he gritted his teeth. "I need to find her, Irene, you have to help me."

"We need the location spell," she said, "but to do that, I need something of hers."

"Shit," Edward growled as he did a quick thinking in his mind but there was nothing of hers he has. She was naked last night after the fight and so everything of hers now was acquired today and it wouldn't work since they have not been in her possession for long.

Irene knew from his expression that he has nothing and she sighed. "Edward, when I saw the vision, all I saw was that they took her, there was nothing after that, nothing. And you know what that means."

Edward closed his eyes and exhaled deeply, "they want to kill her."

Irene sighed, "exactly"

Edward scoffed and shook his head, "no, I have waited for her for so long to just let that happen."