Chapter seventy seven

“Sean, did you really see her?” Scarlet asked immediately the boy stepped into her room.
“Luna,” Sean bowed and the woman climbed out of her bed to meet him.
“Did you really meet her?” she repeated and when he nodded, she asked, “how is she? Does she look alright, is she in pains?”
“Quite the contrary Luna, she is glowing,” Sean smiled. “And also,” he glanced at Catherine who was busy mixing the Luna’s medicines and added in the mind link ‘you are going to be a grandmother.’
Scarlet smiled and her blue eyes shone bluer than ever. “Alan told me that last night but I didn’t believe him. So it’s true?”
“Yes Luna, one hundred percent. I heard the prince say it himself.”
“So they have gotten that close. That means, things are not strained between them like I thought.”
‘Those two are inseparable, Luna. It’s kind of funny when you think of it. I always listen to the prince talk about how much he hates us and how much he wants to eradicate our kind but he would always rush to help Aliyah down the stairs or order his servant to provide her with everything she needs. You need to see her kitchen, Luna, it’s an all you can eat buffet.’
Scarlet chuckled and Sean loved seeing that smile on her face. Ever since the fight in the meadow, the Luna hasn’t smiled let to talk of chuckling. “Catherine, how about you come back for my medicine? I will like to speak with the future beta alone.”
“Of course, Luna,” Catherine bowed and walked up to them. She stopped and smiled to Sean, “congratulation, Sean.”
“Thank you,” Sean smiled and the woman walked away.
“You must be happy, you will be having your own family now. Of course, you and Monica has to get married as soon as possible and have your own house constructed,” Scarlet said as she walked back to her bed.
Sean followed her gently. “Yes, but Monica is afraid.”
Scarlet sighed, “I know. There is a rumor there would be war.”
“Do you really think that would happen?”
Scarlet shrugged and sat on the bed. “The High Howlers are adamant. Alan said they have received a mail from the High Chiefs requesting for them to meet. He said they had accepted the request.”
“What? They are going to meet the High Chiefs?”
“Not going, the High Chiefs are coming here. Alan said it was the High Howlers request and according to him, they did it like that so that if fight was going to break out, Blue Moon pack would suffer the damages since we brought everything.” She sighed and shook her head, “now I am praying for the high chiefs to be well mannered. Also, having such strong nightwalkers in the pack is going to scare everyone, especially the omegas. I don’t know what to do if the fight really breaks out or the war. Alpha Damien is willing to sacrifice Aliyah if that would amend the peace treaty. I don’t know what to do if they high chiefs agrees to that, she is all I have Sean, all I have.” She started sobbing.
Sean sat beside her on the bed and started calming her down. The woman was his godmother and had treated him like her son ever since he came into this world. He has never seen her broken like this and it was what made him go out against his own safety to find out about Aliyah and just when he thought peace would finally be with the woman, this one came up. “Luna, don’t forget, she has the vampire prince. I am sure the high chiefs would never order for their prince’s mate to be killed. Even if they did, do you think the prince would just sit back and watch them do it? Luna, he is crazy over Aliyah and he would protect her at all cost. I have seen him do it a lot of times and nothing would stop him now. You just have to trust me and believe in him. With him around, absolutely nothing would happen to Aliyah.”
“You really believe in him so much?” Scarlet asked.
“One hundred percent.”
Scarlet sighed and nodded. She sniffled and wiped away her tears, “then I will tap into your belief, I will have faith in him to protect my daughter.”
“And he won’t disappoint you.”
“So, you talked about her kitchen huh?” she asked with a light chuckle and Sean moaned.
“Oh, so much food,” he closed his eyes and the woman pinched his cheek.
“You like food.”
“I don’t deny it,” Sean admitted and she laughed, a gentle happy laughter that made Sean smile, at least, he was able to free her from her worries, even if it was just for tonight. At least, she would have a good sleep before their impending doom tomorrow.
***
“Nightwalkers, it’s the nightwalkers,” a voice shouted and people started scattering around. Those getting ready for a fight got ready and the ones too scared to tried to hide or just wished to disappear from the face of the earth. Sean sighed on seeing that, it was just like the Luna had feared and now it was happening. He wasn’t surprised that thee nightwalkers were there, the people seemed to want to get everything over and done with.
He ran to the front gate in order to be present no matter what would be happening as some wolves tried to calm the omegas and lead them to the safer place in the pack. He came just in time as the long limousine drove into the property and came to a stop right in front of the High Howlers and the elders.
He went and stood by his father who nodded with a sigh on seeing him. A strange number had ended up calling the Luna last night right when he was still with her and it turned out to be Aliyah. Luna had told her everything and she had promised to do something about it, now that he was staring at the High Chiefs, he wondered what exactly Aliyah could be planning or how she would be doing something about this. Everything wasn’t a nightmare anymore or just some procrastination, it was happening in real life now and there are chances that everyone could walk away with their heads still attached to their bodies or it would end up being a bloodbath that no one would survive.
Whichever it would be, he was glad that he had taken Monica to a safe place the night before and stacked her up with a one-month supply of food. No matter what happens to him, his pup must come out into this world safe and sound. It was his promise to his Mate and he was going to fulfil it.
The front door of the limo opened and a man stepped out. Like expected, he was dressed in black from head to toe and his black cowboy hat casted a black shadow on his pale white face. The man said nothing to them and just walked down to the back door of the limo and opened it. Just then, another car drove in and five nightwalkers stepped out of it. Turns out the high chiefs doesn’t trust them and had come with their finest men. Something tells him that they would be more of them lurking in the woods as traveling by car is just a show for them, after all, they are the fastest creatures on their feet.
A man stepped out first from the opened door of the limo. He had long black wavy hair and his eyes were the deepest black. His skin was paler than most nightwalkers, almost as pale as the prince’s and Sean knew he must be a high chief, the second generation of the nightwalkers. The people their strengths are almost as powerful as the originals and had lived for over a thousand years. He glanced at Alpha Damien and thought the man should really be afraid because compared to the man in front of him, he is just four hundred years old. However, as the alpha of alphas, although he may not have the long years, but he still has the alpha powers, passed down by the original Night Howlers and that made him as strong as the second generation of the nightwalkers.
“It is not a pleasure to meet you again, High chief Malachi,” Damien said.
Malachi glanced around in disdain before his eyes settled on Damien, “trust me, the pleasure is not mine.”
The other high chiefs came down from the car and just like Malachi, there beauties were top notch and the only things inhuman about them were their pale skins. They were all slender but Sean knew that their sizes does not define their strength. They may be slender, but they would be killing the bulkiest wolf with just a flick of their pinky finger. He gulped and tried his best to stand his ground even though he was breaking inside. Never in his life did he think he would ever live to see the day he would be standing face to face with the ten High Council chiefs but there they were, in front of him, standing in his pack ground and his eyes went to Genevieve, the one he could recall seeing yesterday’s morning and her damaged face was looking as flawless as ever.