Chapter fifty four

"What?" Aliyah asked, all drowsiness cleared from her eyes as she stared at the man in front of her in shock.

Edward leaned back to look at her, that was not the reaction he expected from her. "You don't want to?" he asked, a little bit disappointed.

"No, no, not that, just..." she gulped and licked her lips. "It's just, why do you want me to do it now?"

Edward sighed and closed his eyes, "what happened tonight, if it weren't for Irene, I would have never found you or even if I did, it would have been too late. But if you had marked me, completing the bond, I would be able to feel you whether hurt or not." He opened his eyes then, "so, mark me and complete the bond."

"Do you really want me to?"

Edward smiled softly and climbed on top of her, supporting his weight with his hands on the bed as he looked at her. "I am the one asking, right?" he raised an eyebrow.

Aliyah bit her lip and looked away shyly. Just today she had wondered when her mark would sit on his neck like his on hers and now, he is just offering it to her?

"What is it?" Edward asked, reaching up to caress her face and slowly making her to look at him, "you don't want to?" he whispered, trying to act normal despite feeling the disappointment and pain crawling deep inside his bloodstream to his heart. "I can't have this night repeating itself Aliyah, Irene would not always be there to help and I will hate to depend on someone to save you. Do you understand?"

Aliyah looked deep into his eyes and he caressed her face with his fingertips. "Do you understand?" he repeated, his heart beating loud in his chest at what he was doing. If she marks him now, then there is no going back, he can't reject her anymore. Does he really want that? But as strange as it may sound or feel, he doesn't think he would want any other mate but his weak little wolf. "I want to know where you are at every moment, every minute and I don't need you to be in danger before I can do that. So," he turned his head aside, exposing his neck to her as he made his decision. "Mark me."

Aliyah licked her lips and she felt her teeth itching as she stared at his fair and smooth neck. She felt a stinging in her neck just as the heat from earlier started consuming her again. Her teeth kept itching but right before she could reach up to him, Edward turned and was kissing her again. She moaned softly and the stinging on her neck became sharper, the heat building inside her burned stronger and soon, she was wrapping her hands round his neck and kissing him back with more vigor.

Edward made a low guttural sound as he deepened the kiss, thrusting his tongue into her mouth. He left her lips after some seconds, burying his face on the crook of her neck and breathing in her rusty scent which he was surprised to find out that he actually loved. He kissed her neck, the fire inside him burning fiercer. Adrenaline of what happened tonight coupled with his fear of not getting to her on time made him demanding as his passion and desires sought to control him. His fangs elongated and he was sinking them into her neck right where his mark was.

Aliyah winced but in pleasure, soft pants escaped her lips as she welcomed the pain that came with him biting her, replenishing his bond on the mark. She felt her wolf growling inside her as she whispered, "mine," and reached for his neck, sinking her teeth into his soft smooth flesh. 'Mine,' her wolf repeated as she felt the energy leaving her.

Edward closed his eyes and moaned softly as he felt the bond snapping into place like a lost wire finally making the connection. He could feel her, her heart beat, the tension and the pleasure fighting to consume her and this time, he knew she could feel him too, every emotion that he felt and for once, he wasn't afraid to let her inside him, inside his thought.