Chapter 11: The Troublesome Girl

We began our quest of searching for Elizabeth by going to the Gornwell estate in the upper reach. As we walked up the steps, I was getting worse vibes than the ones when I was doing the ghost quest. At least on the trip up, I had the background noise of Rose and Box arguing. But with Violet, she's a quiet kid so nothing but silence fills the air as we climb the steps. To break the ice, I initiated conversation.

"So why did you decide to pick this game up?"

"Well besides everyone else's reason of needing the money, I picked it up due to escapism. This game is so real that it helps me get away from the troubles of real life if only for a moment." She looked off into the lower reach as we climbed the steps.

She does have a point. This game is certainly impressive in its attention to detail. Everything feels real from the taste of things, the feeling of swinging an axe, even to the tiredness you feel in the process of logging off. This game was definitely made with the purpose of fully immersing the player.

Once we got to the Gornwell estate, we were greeted with the door opening to reveal a fierce man that towered over Violet and even myself. He had long brown hair, purple piercing eyes, and rippling muscles. I was surprised to see the noble's physique. I was under the impression that the nobility of Jericho never had to fight.

"Are you the heroes from the guild?" He muttered.

"Yeah-"

"YOU HAVE TO HELP ME! YOU HAVE TO HELP ME FIND MY DAUGHTER" The man grabbed my shoulders and shook me violently. I could feel whiplash as my head shook back and forth. I'm certain that at any moment the FYL feature will kick in and I'll fade in and out of consciousness.

"P-please let go of him!" Violet tried to assert herself, but to no avail. He still was in complete hysterics.

The butler had to come in to break us off. Once everyone was calmed down, we were led to an office. As we were led to the office, I looked around at the furniture and decorations and realized that these guys weren't your normal nobles, they were warriors that happened to be nobles. They had armor sets and weapons on display. Once we made it into the office, we were shown to our seats by the butler and the questioning begins.

"Alright Mr. Gornwell, I'm just going to ask you a couple of questions and you answer as best you can." I told him.

"Go ahead." He gave me a determined glare.

"VIOLET!" I yelled out.

"Y-YES?!" Violet jumped out of fright.

"Take notes. I need you to be my Watson."'

"Did Watson even take notes for Sherlock?" Violet muttered as she equipped parchment paper and pencil.

I wouldn't know. I never watched or read any media regarding Sherlock. What exactly should I ask? I need to completely know about what makes Elizabeth the lady she is and find her. I'll ask questions on her character and figure out what her daily routine is like.

"What's her appearance?"

"She greatly takes after me. She has long brown hair and purple eyes just like mine." He said.

"Could you try explaining Elizabeth as a person?"

"SHE'S A BRAT! But she's my brat..." Max began.

"She does whatever she wants, when she wants. Ever since she was a child, she made a declaration of her want for something by pointing at that thing. If that thing was a concept or something 'she would point to the sky. Just recently, she became close friends with the heir to our rival family, the Bellow family. I was understandably angry and decided to asked her why exactly would she associate with those people? That is when she pointed below to the lower reach and announced to me 'Father! I'm going to wipe out the magicrumb industry and I need the Bellow family to do it!' Not soon after, she went missing."