Chapter 13: The Magicrumb Dilemma/Solution

I was very confused with what Elizabeth was saying and so was everyone else. It seemed like her father was on the money when he said that she wanted to wipe out the magicrumb industry, so that's good for me. It means one less person fighting against me here. Fore was the first to speak out against what was happening.

"B-boss what do you mean exactly?"

"It means I'm betraying all of you. The guards are already on their way. You may be surprised though, these ones are on your side."

"Alright!" I jumped in. "I think I speak for everyone here when I say that I'm confused about what's going on right now."

"Yeah, that's fair. I'll go over it once and one time only." Elizabeth began her tale.

With the Gornwell family moving from the lower reach to the upper reach, it quickly became a family tradition to visit the very home that they lived in before moving once a year. During those visits, Elizabeth felt a sense of kinship with the people of the lower reach. She ultimately wanted to see them do better. On their latest trip to the lower reach, she saw the hold that magicrumbs had on the people. It was organized to a tee. She wanted to do something about it, so she did some digging around and found out something very concerning: the year that the sewer system was built for the lower reach was the same year that magicrumb use spiked tremendously. A noble family that ran the top positions of guards in Jericho funded the entire sewer project and disguised it as a good thing for the community. A noble family with the name of Drow.

"So when I realized that the king's right hand noble family was involved, I enlisted the help of the Bellow family."

"You enlisted the help of a rival family?" I questioned her.

"Well I didn't want to get MY family involved, plus I needed the help of people that were somewhat like our family-"

"I'm not questioning that part, I'm trying to figure out how you got a rival family to help with such a huge conspiracy."

"Oh, it's because I know a secret that'll bring a lot of shame to their family. If we weren't of the same status, I'm sure they would've bribed me to keep shut about it." Elizabeth chuckled a bit as she continued.

Once she had the Bellow family on her side, she got into the magicrumb industry by agreeing to fund their endeavor. She took a small bit of gold from the Gornwell treasury and helped upkeep the lab. The point of this was to not only get the magicrumb industry in one place, but to strike at the heart of the problem: the Drow family. In the early stages of her plan before she went "missing," she made it very apparent that she's been investigating the magicrumb dilemma to members of the family. Because of that, they're hot on her tail and will assassinate her here at this meeting today to reclaim the grasp magicrumbs have. The Bellow family will be there to fight against them along with whatever hero picked up the quest.

"And what if I just grabbed you and hauled ass right now?" I asked her.

"I simply wouldn't go. You'd have to bring me back in a bodybag. I have to see this through to the very end. When I set my eyes on a goal, I don't let go." Her gaze became one of intensity once more.

I like this girl's style. Her beauty was close to Lucia's and she had a fierce, chaotic personality like mine. In another life, I would propose to her right here and now.

But besides that, this quest became a whole other beast that I never expected. This wraps everything up nicely though. If the Bellow family are on her side, then maybe Violet DID get the better end of the deal. She's probably marching with the Bellows right now. I stood next Violet and asked for her orders.