Chapter 19: A Grand Expedition Begins!

"Well, I would say it was a pleasure to meet you, but...it wasn't." Roxline sighed as she rented a room from the guild receptionist. "We're also going to be partnering up with another guild, so get ready for that. Also, I don't like to repeat myself, so I'll only say this once: make sure this mess is clean by the morning. You all put the poor staff to work enough with your day to day shenanigans."

"Yes Vice leader..." Everyone in the guild hall reluctantly agreed and began cleaning up.

"You two." Roxline pointed to Aegis and I.

"The quest is gonna be first come first serve, but Lucia made it very apparent that she wanted you two on the team. Hit the hay and get ready for tomorrow."

I couldn't believe it. Lucia specifically wanted me on this mission. This is perfect! I'll be one step closer for joining her on expeditions! Now I just have to know what we do on an expedition exactly!

When I asked Roxline, she said that she'll explain everything when the team gathers tomorrow. I couldn't be more excited as I rushed to a room to log off when I realized something.

I turned back and asked Roxline "Hey, I have a healer in my unit that would appreciate tagging along for this. Do you think she can join-"

"It's first come, first serve. I'm not putting in any more effort than I have to." Roxline walked off and slammed the door. She's starting to be a real thorn in my side already. I hope she doesn't act like this the whole trip.

I stormed into Violet's room and caught her moments before logging off the game. I needed to tell her to keep her eye on the quest board for the expedition quest. As our eyes made contact, I noticed that her face grew red and she instantly hid under the covers. Judging by her liveliness, it looks like she's come down from the alcohol. So what was she so scared about? Was it how she acted earlier? Is it me?

"Violet, it's a bit too late to be scared of me and keep your distance. We're friends now. And friends stick together! They don't hide from each other either!" I ripped the covers away from Violet and she screamed in response.

I then saw her half naked body lying on the bed. Her undergarments were laced with purple and white and she hid her face behind her hands in embarrassment.

Ah crap...

"Can you guys cut it out? I was about to log off when-YOU AGAIN?!" Roxline saw the situation and immediately started to connect the dots. Once she collected all of her thoughts, she sighed and facepalmed. "Come outside for a quick chat."

"...Ok?" I agreed and gave Violet her sheets back.

As we were walking out, I told Violet to watch the quest board for the expedition quest. When Roxline and I stepped out, I immediately thanked her for understanding the situation.

"Oh I understand completely. That's why I got you out of there. If I sent a fireball your way in that room, that poor healer would've been collateral damage." The wizard started her spell and I made a run for it with no luck. She set off countless fireballs that landed direct hits on me. She ended up getting the staff involved as they both tried to break up the fight and put out the fires throughout the guild hall.

===

The very next day, I logged in and walked into the guild hall where Roxline and Violet were talking. Now that I'm not drunk, I can actually make out her features. She's slightly taller than Violet with basically the same frame as her. She had auburn, long, braided hair and a brown wizard's robe with a skirt.

As I approached the two, Roxline scoffed at the sight of me and Violet's eyes darted to the floor in embarrassment. Something tells me that they're still both mad about last night.