Beard

Author's note:

I have a secret for you. We are about to officially enter smut in the story very soon.  

The ball shot into the air. In a second there was a clap and it burst like a soap bubble.

"Another one!"

"You realise that I can't actually define where exactly I am launching it, do you?"

Another ball shot, whistling.

"That-", James kicked it off. "-is perfect. I can practice surprise attacks."

The sun was shining brightly, high in the sky. Ominis squinted his eyes under the rays, casting balls at James. He was wearing a light linen shirt with embroidered cuffs and casual breeches. His shoes and gaiters were lying in the grass, where he threw them after the river.

"I wish I could fly. I would take it instead of walking every day."

"All right, that would be enough for today." James landed on the ground. "So why don't you fly?"

"Is this supposed to be a serious question?"

"I saw you are good both at duelling and in actual fights. You can draw plants for Herbology lessons. I can't think of anything you weren't capable of. Why not flying?"

"Because my wand would not understand where to lead me in the air. At best I will comprehend where the north is. It's not convenient to hold the wand while you're flying most brooms either."

"Basically you're saying to me that you actually could fly if only you had a companion for leading and a comfortable broom saddle?"

"Don't be ridiculous", said Ominis irritatingly, but added more reservedly: "I tried to teach myself and ended with one leg injured and a black eye."

"You're underestimating me."

***

James woke up with his nose buried in Ominis' hair. Last evening they were talking till night and he didn't notice falling asleep.

Usually, he wakes up before Ominis, who likes to sleep till late morning. James hugged him tighter, catching the last remnants of sleep.

He noted that Ominis felt less and less fragile. James attached him to the training program, he was dedicated to the idea that Ominis would fly someday.

James' hand slipped under Ominis' shirt, placing it on his toned stomach. His hair smelled different when he was sleeping. Before James noticed it, he thought only small nifflers could smell different when they are sleepy. He found it adorable.

Finally, with a great effort, James got up and strangled himself to the shower.

The hot jets of water changed by cool, and steam tightened in the room.

"Oh, f-"

The cold water didn't help to overcome intrusive thoughts. James closed his eyes, leaning on the wall with his hand.

Ominis was pulling off his shirt, there were moles on his shoulders, and he saw dimples on his lower back. He got up to change clothes.

James' hand roughly stroked the head of his cock.

Ominis put his leg on the bed, a thin chain at his ankle. He's pulling on stockings, still half-naked. 

"Ha-ah" James wanted to end this quickly, the cold jets run down his skin.

James comes up behind him, stopping him like that. He gently pulls Ominis' head back, giving him a long kiss. His fingers slide into Ominis' mouth, getting slippery with saliva.

He dropped his forehead on the wall, breathing heavily.

James' wet hand gets into Ominis underwear, he doesn't let go of the kiss. He presses the tip of Ominis' cock with a finger and feels a sweet moan in his mouth.

James opened his eyes. Cum spots drain down the shower wall. Pathetic. Every time after that he felt a bout of shame.

Ominis was becoming more tactile and comfortable around him. He constantly marked his presence with touches, kisses and strokes of James' hair. He definitely didn't think about such things. It makes James feel almost like a villain.

He washed himself off and got dressed, leaving the bathroom door open for the steam to come out and wiping the mirror.

It was more awkward to look at the reflection after what he did five minutes ago. He got the brush, making the shaving foam. James needed to shave his face since he was thirteen, and he wished to invent some Shaving Spell.

"Good morning", Ominis landed his hand on James' back.

"Morning, why are you so early?" James wiped his face with a towel and turned around.

"The vendors are overly loud in here. Especially today."

"Ah, yes. The fair is about to start."

He looked at Ominis' drowsy eyes with pity and stroked his cheek.

"You are bristly."

"What do you mean?" He touched his own face.

"Meaning congratulations, now I won't suffer alone. Come here."

James wet Ominis' face and put some foam on.

"I can do this myself", Ominis' cheeks turned pink.

"I am already doing it. Now, stay still. I don't want to cut you."

He took a blade and started to shave his face slowly. Ominis didn't object a lot, only his fingers were clutching James' shirt.

"I've been doing this for almost four years, don't be nervous", James passed his chin. "As you can calculate I had a lot of time for thinking. So I came to the conclusion-", he rinsed the blade and continued: "- that almost all old wizards have beards only because they got tired of shaving every day."

Ominis chuckled: "Will you grow a beard?"

"Probably."

Ominis thought for a minute: "Do you think a beard would suit me?"

"Hm, let's see", James made more foam and put it on Ominis' face. "I can give an honest view or a nice one."

Ominis chuckled, his nose was in foam too: "An honest one, please."

"You'll look wonderful either way."