le Roi Soleil

He remembered flickers of hands unbuttoning his clothes, pulling off the shirt sleeves down his arms, opening his skin to the night. James' hair, released from the scrunchy, strewed on the pillow. Butterflies caught in its web. Their wings brushed the strands, making the trap take a shape of a home.

Eos engendered light in the depths of the ocean. The chariot, drawn by heavenly horses, spread this news across the empyrean. Dawn was approaching, casting a rosy hue upon the skin of lovers.

Hugging Ominis was the best feeling. The only thing that was better was waking up next to him. James found himself awake at the beginning of the daybreak. It was early, even for him, but then he recalled the previous evening. It was no wonder he felt so well-rested now, given that he had fallen asleep right after returning back from Diagon Alley. Clothes were neatly piled up on the chair. Seemed like James understood whose hands he had been dreaming about.

Ominis' heartbeat was right under his ear. Summer became too hot to use a blanket. And the only thing Ominis could bare to be wrapped in was James. At least because he wasn't given any other choice. The floor bed was left for supposed decency.

In sooth, for the past few weeks, it was only used for studying or reading books together.

James closed his eyes, focusing on the rhythm. He felt so warm as if there was a verse germinating in his own chest. He hummed the melody. Rumbling "Mmm" scratched his throat and kept running on to Ominis' skin. The drowsy voice was cracking from time to time, placing pauses between the notes.

Ominis gave a noisy sniff, his palms were rested on James' back. The room started to drift out to sleep again. James pulled himself up, hiding his face into the dear neck. He wanted to envelop him whole. He laced around Ominis with hands on his back, embracing him tighter.

Next time James woke up, he felt like a tamed animal, a minute before he heard a sign of his favourite person. A buzzing in his head marked it was already late morning. Ominis' shirt was pulled up, exposing his stomach. Their skin melded together as one.

"Hello there."

Ominis was still half-asleep, as he never came to his senses quickly. It looked as if the pillow had chained him, not allowing to move at all. James straightened Ominis' bent ear and he wrinkled his nose, finally moving a bit. There was a ruddy imprint from the pillow on his cheek.

It seemed his ear froze overnight. Ominis could sleep in one position through the whole night. Something James couldn't understand. Usually, he was the one who tossed and turned all over the bed. It was always a surprise to see in which pose he'll end by the morning.

"I missed you." It sounded like a complaint.

"How-", Ominis held back a yawn, "could you miss me if I was right here?"

"I slept and I haven't seen you all night."

Ominis' eyelids fluttered. If his eyes were open now, he would probably roll them. "Poor thing." Fingers gently stroked the back of James' head. Despite his acting, it was more than obvious he liked hearing such things.

"You know what name I should've had?"

"M?"

"First one is Loved, the last is Up."

The expression on Ominis' face was inexplicable. "That is the most absurd line a man could have ever said." He mixed a sigh with a chuckle. "But it's even sillier that I adore you even more for it."

It was no secret, and James found quite a pleasure in creating diversions. By this method, he gained precious moments while Ominis felt off-balance. He used them artfully.