Sugar rush

Mornings at the Sharps changed since a new tenant moved into their house. First thing, accurately at half past five, you would hear hollow steps from the most distant room. And, in thirty minutes, they will lead down to the first floor.

Aesop will put a kettle on the fire and wait to take it off just in time, so no whistle would wake occupants. He descried, not without wondering, his new-old habit was back. Then he'll take pleasure in picking today's morning tea and welding a large pot of it.

Currently, he was checking the food baskets. Seemed they are out of most supplies. Aesop finished the cup and hobbled into a large fireplace. He waved at the still-sleeping portrait and a green flame swallowed his figure, merrily crackling for a few more seconds.

It was his constant and inconspicuous routine. Every second day he flew to the local market for the freshest products. When the rest of the house is awake, the food would be already in the kitchen and Aesop will be able to get back to work. He signed a pact with conscience by providing comfort to this place. That is the least he can do for James or in Niamph's memory.

Sun was shyly peeping out of the window with one eye. It glanced over the teapot, under the table and the stove. Seems it couldn't find breakfast yet, so it stayed waiting.

A few minutes past seven, a little sonorous clap announced the return. Aesop walked toward the kitchen and restocked food baskets. Eggs, milk, fresh bread, and some good bacon. He made quick sandwiches and landed in his once favourite chair near the window. Hungry sun was licking the plate.

Aesop pulled today's newspaper out of the pocket. His eyes mechanically skimmed the front page. The top sandwich became hot from the rays, butter seeped through the bread. Aesop let out a displeased sigh and pushed his plate away into the shadow.

Approximately at eight, not so accurate as his father, James climbed off the bed. It was accompanied by bland "tuh-tuh-tuh" to the bathroom and usually after fifteen minutes he also walked down. But now it took him only five. The "tuh-tuh-tuh" down was more springy.

James appeared with a toothbrush in his mouth and in the sport form. He checked the tap and rinsed his mouth. "It's not working up there again." He drew a glass, gargling.

"I will have a look."

James tapped to the pot and a steam cloud came from its nose. He took the cup, pouring tea.

"Seems that charms went weak."

"It can be."

The door bumped, letting in crisp morning air. Steps froufroued by the window and in a couple of minutes there was a sound of water splattering. Aesop raised his eyes from the news and watched James back.

He was lazily swinging his wand right and left levitating the watering can over flowers. James' figure squatted, the cup in his hand, slowly slurping the tea.

Aesop turned the page and chuckled. His eyes caught a move from the wall. "Listen to this. 'The great concern: cauldron's recent leak'. Never before has this happened, and here we go again. Just before the start of a new school year."

In ten, even more approximate than James, the head appeared with amazingly neatly for the morning, combed hair. Ominis went straight to the street.

"Well, well, well. I was already considering to went up for you."

"Thank you for not doing that. I had a remarkably pleasant dream."

"Wait, why are you not in a form?"

Ominis stopped open-eyed: "Oh! I forgot." He quickly departed. Pitiful nagging against training has ceased long ago. It was pointless to argue with James. Ominіs came back in loose trousers and a thin cotton sweater. Some from James' old wardrobe, which he held up in a box just in case. Finally, they came in handy.