Chapter Thirty-Six

Labor

"Ahhhh oh my gosh" I said waking up out my sleep grunting from this very sharp and strong pains that's in my belly and lower back. "Ouchhhhh Ahhhhh" I grunt louder as the pain increases. "Baby what's wrong? You ok?" Lamarcus asked looking at me worrying eyes. "Nooooo I'm hurting so bad (take a deep breath) pleaseee can you take me to the doctor" I finally managed to get out my mouth what I was trying to say.

"Oh my goshhhh" I said as an shooting pain grows stronger down in my crotch area. "Baby" I just whined while tears fall from my eyes I am in severe pain right at the moment.

"Hold on baby I'm here" Lamarcus said picking me up and carrying me to his car and we sped off heading to the closest hospital with our emergency lights on which was Kennedy Medical Hospital. Lamarcus parked quickly in the first available parking spot which was great because it was closer to the front entrance.

He quickly jumped out the car and picked me up while walking fast into the hospital. "My wife is pregnant is she bleeding out of her vagina I think she's in labor" Lamarcus said as he walked up to a Medium Height Light Skin Nurse with Brown Eyes and Long Black Hair that was pulled back into a Ponytail.

"Okay let's hurry up in get her to the back" she said walking fast to and found the first available room. "Lay her right here thank you sir" she said grabbing me a grown. "I'm going to check you to see if you have any blood charge still coming out once you get fully undressed for me and into this grown I will give turn around for a second to give you some privacy" she said to me I was currently wearing a White Brown Multicolor Short Sleeve Tee Top and Plaid Shorts Lounge Pajama Set that has two sleeping Teddy Bears on it.

Lamarcus help me get undressed and into this grown. "I'm done" I said still having serious cramps in my belly and crotch area. "Okay let me take a look" she said grabbing some Medium Blue Sterile Powder Free Nitrile Exam Gloves out the box that was label that.

She placed her two fingers inside of me then took them back out looking down at her glove now. "Okay it's gone you are 4cm dilated everything feels like it should your just in active labor I'm going to go head in have you move to the labor in delivery floor get you set up in a room I will check with the doctor in see if they won't to break your water right now" she said to us. "Okay thank you" me and Lamarcus said to her.

She left out the room in a few minutes later a Medium Height Light Skin Nurse with Brown Eyes and Long Black Hair came into my room with a wheelchair. "Hi my name is Tahiti I'm going to get you to a room in get you check in immediately" she said. "I got it shorty" Lamarcus said to her as she was about to help me onto the wheelchair. I just love him he does a lot for me in never complains how did I get this lucky to have him in my life.

"What can you give me for the pain? I'm hurting so bad" I said to her as she wheel me down the hallway to the labor in delivery area. "Nurse Cara told me your 4cm so I can get you started on a epidural right away once I promise you we are going to take care of you honey" she said to me as we stopped in front of the receptionist desk. "She needs to be check in I'm  going to find a room while you do that" she said to the Medium Height Caucasian Girl with Brown Eyes and Short Blonde Hair. "Okay I will do that right away thank you" she said to the Nurse. "Okay thank you I will be right back in 5 mins going to see what room is available in get you taken care of" she said to me and I nodded my head.

"You okay baby?" Lamarcus asked me as I hurry up type my information into the desktop computer sitting in front of me. "Yes baby just still in pain" I said finishing up typing all my basic information and the reason for my visit. "Here is your wristband" the receptionist said placing it on my right wrist. "Thank you" I said to her. "Congratulations I know it's exciting" she said smiling at me. "Yes in very painful" I told her half smiling. "I'm sorry it's will be over soon you get that epidural" she said to me and I smiled at her with my half smiled again. "Thank you" I said to her.

"Okay Mrs. Karah I got a room ready for you let's go" Tahiti said looking at my wristband. We reached a room and she help me get onto the bed then hook me up to the baby monitor and started all the standard procedures they do when your about to have a baby.

"Okay I'm going to let the Anesthesiologist know your ready to get your epidural we're going to break your water by hand at 5cm if it's doesn't break on it's own anytime soon" she said to me. "Okay thank you" I said and she smiled and walked out to go get the man to do my epidural.

About 15 mins later she came back with a Tall Bald Head Brown Skin Man with Brown Eyes. He was wearing a Blue Scrubs and a Blue Bouffant Hat. "Hi Mrs. Karah are you ready to get rid of this pain?" He said smiling at me as he put on a pair of Blue Latex Sterile Gloves.

"Yes I am" I said he slowly help me up sit up. "Okay I need for you to push your lower back out and keep your shoulders down without leaning to either side" he said to me as he walked around to my back side with his procedure stuff. Tahiti stood in front of me holding one of my hand and placed the other one on the back of my neck why I had my chin down and that kept me from leaning forwards too much.

"Okay I'm going to talk you through the process so you won't be scared I'm numbing your back right now you may feel a stinging or burning sensation that's normal you will feel very little pain with the epidural injection" he said to me and I did exactly feel a burning sensation it wasn't as bad as those pains I was experiencing at first. "Okay I'm done it's will take about 10 to 15 minutes to start working" he said to me as Tahiti help me laid back in the bed. My back was a little sore but I'm sore it will go away once that medicine kicks in.

"I will be back in two hours to check you again in see where we at with the labor" she said leaving out the door. "I'm sleepy I'm about to go back to sleep" I told Lamarcus. "Okay baby me too I'm going to laid here on this couch she already got it made up for me that's what's up" he said getting comfortable on the couch. "I love you" he said to me laying down. "I love you too baby so much" I said feeling myself drift off to sleep.

2 hours later Tahiti comes back in grabbing her some gloves. "Sorry if I woke you up it's time to check you" she said to me as I yawned some. She went down in check my cervical again. "Okay your exactly 5 centimeters I'm about to break your water" she said and with that she did but I didn't feel anything probably because of this epidural I got thank you for that. "Okay we got your water broken you'll start having contractions again within 24 hours of your water being broken but with the epidural all you might still be able to feel your contractions but they won't hurt since that epidural is still in your back so you'll be able to push effectively and feel relax" she said taking off her gloves and throwing them into the trashcan.

"Thank you" I said smiling at her because she is honestly right I don't feel any pain at all anymore I'm 100 percent better than I was before I came in. "You welcome I predict the babies will be here by the early morning around 5am or late morning since it just 11am in the morning now" she said smiling at me. "Yeah hopefully I am ready to meet them" I said grinning back at her. "You will soon honey get some more rest I will be back in 2 to 3 hours" she said before leaving again.

"Baby can you run home in grab us some change of clothes and the babies stuff for we can already have that stuff here so when we get released from here in a couple days we will be ready to go right then in there" I said to him. "Yeah baby will you be okay until I get back with the stuff?" He said to me. "Yeah we already had theirs and ours bags packed weeks ago we knew this day was coming so you should be to long don't forget both there car seats" I said to him. "I won't baby I will be right back" he said kissing me on the lips. "I love you" I said to him. "I love you too baby" he said kissing me again.

Lamarcus end buying to separate car seats which is a Disney Minnie Mouse Baby Grow and Go All-in-One Convertible Car Seat that can go into a Rear-facing, Forward-facing, and Belt-positioning booster seat. He said they was 175.00 dollars apiece which wasn't no big deal to him he said they where worth it. He got the same car seat but in different colors one of them is Pink in Black while the other one is Black in Midnight Purple. They are really cute so I ain't have nothing to complain about.

I need to text Karl in let her know I'm in the hospital. So I took out my phone and sent her a text message letting her know I was in the hospital in what the nurse told me about her prediction then I doze back off going to sleep.