C h a p t e r 1

"All is understood?" Caylen asked.

Everyone nodded and mumbled yes.

"Dismissed." Caylen simply said before turning around and entering his office.

"Jauregui. Y/LN. My office." The man ordered.

You glanced at Chris before walking into the neat glass covering office.

"Yes, Mr Caylen?" Chris asked.

"The both of you are my top men in this. You get the first getaway vehicle. That means you will get to choose your weapons and will be leading to the bank. Am I clear?"

"Yes sir." You said as Chris nodded.

"Don't forget the final meeting next morning. It's just review for the job."

Once you stepped out of Jc's office you did your familiar handshake with Chris; you and him made it up in third grade.

The both of you made your way to the bar and had a few drinks.

"Bro." Chris started, "If- if anythin happens duude. You gotta- i mean gotta- like have to take care of Laur. Okay?"

You could tell he was very drunk, which is when you made the decision to take him home, not wanting him to wake up hungover on the job.

"Yeah dude. Anytime." You told him as you helped him off his stool.

"You and her are all I got." He confessed. Although you knew that. Due to having a dangerous job, especially risking life(s), his family has pushed him out and didn't want anything to do with him. Lauren was the only family member that really accepts him. Lauren to you was just another human. As bad as it sounds, it's true. Your story was familiar to Chris'. Every girlfriend you had ran away when you opened up to them about your dangerous job and your family has pushed you out, not wanting trouble from past enemies that have threatened to kill anyone you knew.

You drove Chris home and made sure he made it to his bed. You left a note on his pillow, mext to him, and set his alarm clock to 6 am.

"Night buddy." You said before leaving his bedroom and exiting his condo.

After securing Chris was safe and asleep, you made your way back to your house.

Once you got home, you undressed and fell asleep on the couch watching movies in your boxers.