C h a p t e r 1 7

"Okay, you're all checked up and you have permission to go." The paramedic said to you. You let the blanket they had given you fall off of your shoulders and walked to the other ambulance.

"Hey." You greeted Dinah. The paramedic was feeling her arm and looking for any disaffects to the girls body.

"Hey." She said slowly. Her eye lids were heavy and she was sleepy.

"Okay. You're okay and have permission to leave." The blonde paramedic said to Dinah. The tall girl mouthed 'finally' to you as she stood up.

You smiled as you both walked back to her apartment.

"Thanks." She said, "For tonight.. Or last night.. It was fun."

"Yeah, you too. It was fun.. Other than the 'getting-stuck-in-an-elevator-for-two-hours' part." You said. She laughed at your comment and said goodbye before leaving your present.

You sighed as you pulled your phone out to find new messages.

Message(s) : 13

From Laur😏😍❤️:babe?

Laur😏😍❤️: Hellloo?

Laur😏😍❤️: Are you okay?!

Laur😏😍❤️: Babe where are you??

Laur😏😍❤️: I'm sorry.

Laur😏😍❤️: Last night wS stupid.

Laur😏😍❤️: Where are you?

Laur😏😍❤️: Babeee

Laur😏😍❤️: Camila and I aren't anything.

Laur😏😍❤️: it was a stupid fling that i fell for.

Laur😏😍❤️: Babe please andwerrrr

Laur😏😍❤️: Im worried about you.

Laur😏😍❤️: i love you.

laur😏😍❤️: okay..

You grew worried reading all the messages. She has been worrying about you while you went out and drank with Dinah- and almost cheated!

Ignoring all the messages, you called a cab. Once the can came, you commanded the driver to quickly drive you to your apartment.

When you arrived at the destination, you threw three twenty dollar bills to the driver and ran inside.

After running up the stairs, due to not trustong elevators at the moment, you ran down the hall and knocked on the apartment door that read 76b and panted.

"What the hell happened?" Lauren said as she opened the door, noticing you panting and a worried look om your face.

"Are you okay?" You almost panted.

"Well now I am, but what's wrong? You look..." The green eyed girl asked, trailing off her sentence.
She stepped back, allowing you to walk into the apartment.

After a few minutes your breathing was steady and Lauren was making tea.

"So you gonna tell me what happened? And where you went?" She yelled from the kitchen.

You got up from the diner table and found yourself leaning against the counter in the kitchen across from your girlfriend.

"Well... After what happened last night I sort of got really upset and sort of mad so I called a friend and we went to a bar." You explained.

She turned around from the oven quickly making your eyes look up at her from...

"Nothing happened between you and your friend right?" She asked concerned. Her face was flustered and worried.

"No. What? Nothing happened babe. We just had a few drinks." You said as cool as possible.

"Okay.. I was just a little worried.. I mean you could've at least texted back." She said as she turned around again and poured the hot water into two cups.

"I should've. I just.. I was a bit stressed so I left my phone in my pocket all night." You said truthfully.

"I'm sorry- that wasn't necessary. Can we just... Put this all behind us? Please." She asked. Her tone was soft and her voice cracked which caused you to worry. Does she think.... I chea- Well almost did. I should just be honest.

"Can we talk?" You asked following behind her into the dining room. She set the two cups down.

"Yeah.. Sure. Whats up?" She asked. It kind of hurt because she sounds happy for what happened.. I mean she's probably thinking at least the worst didn't happen. Her tone was soft and she looked innocent.

"Okay. Last night." You said simply. Her eyebrows furrowed up and her eyes looked sad. "Last night I got a bit too drunk. And I was with Dinah- my friend. And we were getting a cab to our houses but the idiot I am I got out at her house and the can already left so we decided that I should just stay there. I didn't know what I was thinking and I almost slept with her. I mean we were gonna.. You know but we got stuck in an elevator and I just wanna be honest with you about this because I don't think I'd be able to hold it back. We didn't do anything. But I just wanted to tell you we almost did."

"I'm really glad that you're honest with me.. and that you told me that. Most guys I've been with are all in it for their pleasure. You know- the sex and enjoyment of having a girlfriend to apparently show off to their friends. But you- you're different. You have this side to you where you show passion and your love for me.. it makes me wanna jump in your bones sometimes or just smile really big yuh know? I don't know what it os about you.. can I ask you something"

"Yeah.. Sure." You said. You looked into her eyes, only focusing on her and giving her all of your attention.

"Can you promise me to continue being loyal and the best thing thats happened to me?" She asked. A small smile formed on her lips and she sighed long. She obviously cared for you; a lot and really meant the things she said. You felt the same as well... Knowing that you wanted the same commitment, you just never really put your mind to it. Now that you were thinking of it and the bond you both had, you knew the commitment would be the right thing to agree with.

"Yes." You simply said. She smiled bigger causing you to smile back at her.