C h a p t e r 1 6

"Ughhhh!" Dinah said then sighed; obviously annoyed.

"We'll get out soon. I promise." You told her.

"Doubt it." She said before crawling next to you and resting her head on your shoulder. "I'mma sleep it off."

"Okay." You said, allowing her to fall asleep next to you.

The elevator hasn't moved yet and it's been two hours since. The lights came on but that's it.

After several times of trying to call for someone and figure something out, you and dinah settled in the corner of the elevator slowly falling asleep.

---

A loud bang woke you. Dinah slurred from her sleep and slowly picked her head up.

"What was-" Dinah spoke but was cut off by another bang. This time, the bang came with a small crack in the elevator doors.

"Hello?!" A deep voice called from the other side.

"Yes- uh Hi! There's people in here!" You yelled back. Dinah looked confused but everything seemed to come back to her.

"Help!" Dinah yelled. You laughed as she stood up and hit the elevator door.

"One moment ma'am!" The deep voice yelled back. Dinah sighed and sat down next to you again.

"I'm kinda glad we got stuck in here." Dinah confessed. Her words fell from her mouth delicately and soft.

"Why?" You asked slightly confused.

"Because. If we didn't, we probably would've fucked." She said laughing. You laughed at her comment and agreed, feeling relieved that you didn't cheat.

"Yeah.. I have no doubt in that." You told her. "Can I tell you something?"

"Yeah, sure." She said.

"I have a girlfriend." You confessed.

"And you were gonna fuck me?!" She yelled. She wasn't mad though. It was in a playful and sarcastic tone.

"Yes. I'm horribly sorry. We were drunk." You said laughing.

"Can we be friends. Just friends. No fucking. Or kissing or getting drunk as fuck?" She asked. She was focussed on your face. Hoping you would agree.

"Yes. I'd very much like that." You told her. You seen her smile at the corner of your eye causing you to look at her.

"Thanks." She said.

"For what?" You asked.

"Tonight- well last night." She told you. You both smiled at each other for a moment.

She leant forward and your lips connected with hers. You both pulled away and laughed.

"OKAY! Starting now we will not kiss nor go out on drunk dates." She said laughing. "I'm so sorry. I mean- you have a girlfriend and here we are kissing."

"You don't even understand how horrible I feel right now- her and I, we're not on good terms right now."

"Oh really?" Dinah asked. You could hear concern in her voice.

"I like this. I mean I'm glad we went out. We're like fucking friendship goals man!" You said before bumping her fist and making an explosion sound as you distanced your fist from hers.

"Yeah, dude!" She said smiling.

The elevator doors opened and two fireman were standing at the entrance.

"We need you guys to come with us." One of them said.