C h a p t e r 4 3

When you got to the hotel you were checked into, you fell onto the bed.

Now, you were undressed and under the covers, starring at the ceiling.

What am I supposed to do with Lauren?

Get back with her?

Stay away from her?

Tell Ari it was a mistake?

Ditch Vancouver?

The anxiety level was high and nothing seemed to be right. You grabbed your iPhone off of the nightstand next to the bed and clicked on the music library.

You scrolled down but stopped at the old but familiar song. You thought about listening to it but also doubted. It would definitely remind you of her but something encouraged your finger to click on it.

After turning the music to a necessary volume, you set the phone on the night stand again.

Lights go down

and the night is calling to me, yeah

I hear voices singing songs in the streets and I know

That we won't be going home

For so long, for so long

But I know

That I won't be on my own

Yeah, I love this feeling and

Right now, I wish you were here with me.

Cause right now, everything's new to me

And with that, your body relaxed and you fell asleep.

-

When you woke up you were all sweaty. You rubbed your eyes and blinked a few times, trying to adjust to the light shining through the windows.

You pulled the covers off your body and went to the bathroom.

After brushing your teeth, you slid the last piece of clothing off your hips and turned the shower on.

It wasn't that you didn't want Lauren back, but something felt weird about going back to her. Whether it was because you guys ended kinda bad or the job you had this evening, it was a weird feeling.

Of coarse, you would get back with her, just.. Not right now. Since you still had her number, hopefully, you decided you'd call her the next afternoon to ask her for lunch.

Quickly washing your hair, you got out. You dried your body off before discarding the now damp towel to the floor and making your way to your bag full of clothes to get dressed.

You slipped a pair of boxers on but before you could get anything else on, your phone began ringing.

You grabbed it from the charger as it sat on the night stand and answered it, not bothering to see who it was.

"Hello?" You greeted to the unknown caller.

"Hey what's up? You're gonna be late if I leave right now." Justin said.

"What do you mean?" You asked the brunette on the other line.

"I'm outside. Hurry up. Niall wanted us early. Told me to pick you up." He explained before you said okay and hung up.

After quickly getting dressed into a pair of black skinny jeans and a plain white t-shirt, you got in the elevator and went down.

When you got to the lobby floor, you walked swiftly to the entrance doors and walked outside, looking for Justin.