C h a p t e r 2 1

After 'showering' for an hour and thirty minutes, you and Lauren finally got out of the shower.

The shower was supposed to only last fifteen minutes and you were late for work. Although Lauren said nothing would happen, she seduced you into shower sex and you were late for work but felt great.

"Nothings gonna happen." You mocked Lauren's earlier promise. She giggled at your comment as she slid her underwear on.

"Your sweater is really comfy." She said as she looked in the mirror. You just noticed that she had been using your red San Diego Life Guard sweater that you got a few years back.

*Flashback*

You smiled as you admired your girlfriends eyes in the sun. They were grey but they seemed green in the sunlight. You were both lying in your bed as the sun rise was shining through your window.

"What?" She asked giggling which caused your smile go grow bigger.

"Nothing. You're just beautiful." You told her. Her cheeks flushed red.

"Your sweater is so comfy, babe. Where'd you get it?" She asked you. You looked at her torso and remembered she had stole your sweater from the last time she'd spent the night at your apartment.

"San Diego." You said simply but saw her frown slightly. Quickly noticing her action, she smiled and looked down and the red sweater.

"What's wrong?" You asked nervously and a bit scared. She looked back up at you and grabbed your hand. Gently intwining your hand with hers, she placed hers and your hand on her chest.

"I have to tell you something." She said with a soft gentle tone. Your heart began beating quickly, afraid if what she'd say after the amazing night you shared with her.

"We can't keep doing this." She said, her voice cracked quietly and her eyes were glossy.

"What- why?" You asked eager for an answer. Slight frustration built up inside you but more hurt.

"I'm sorry- I never should've lead you on. But you know my dad doesn't like us together.. And he's moving to San Diego." She told you. Your heart felt like it broke into a million pieces after her last words left from her mouth.

"Case, why didn't you tell me this earlier?" You asked calmly. She looked down and back into your eyes again. "I don't know. I should've- it's just I really wanted last night to happen and I also wanted to tell you but-" She was explaining but you got up from your bed and went to your dresser.

"I'm sorry- please don't go." She pleaded. A sob filled the air, making you aware that she was crying. You slipped a shirt on quickly and searched for your jeans on the floor.

"Babe- please. I was meaning to tell you last night but I-" She continued but you turned around to face her and cut her off.

"So what?! You just fucking had sex with me instead of telling me you were leaving?!" You asked in pure frustration. A tear streamed down your cheek and you began putting your jeans on.

"No really I was gonna tell you." She said crying. She stood up and tried to hug you but you pushed her back on the bed.

"You know what? I really thought you were the one. How long have you known- why didn't you tell me earlier?"

She looked up at you and wiped her eyes. "There was just never a time- we can still make this work."

"Make what work? We clearly have trust issues. At least you do." You said your last words quietly and hoped they were inaudible when you walked out of the room because it seemed a bit harsh.

At that point, you knew to never trust anyone. Not to fall in Love.