C h a p t e r 3

"You comin with me and the guys out fo lunch?" Tommy asked you, another one of your crew members.

"Nah I'm good. Thanks though gun." You told him before he exited your office. Tommy was like a brother to you. Him and Chris were the only ones out of the whole crew who didn't judge you or screw your girlfriends and the crew is all you had.

You continued to walk to your car and quickly settled inside the black matte coloured vehicle.

You drove to Tim Hortons and bought two bagels, for you and Lauren.

After buying bagels, you found yourself waiting on the bench in Tomkins Square Park.

The Bench was the wooden two seated chair that you and your friends would sit on since eighth grade. Your lunch breaks and Saturday afternoons were spent there with Chris and friends you had in the past.

"Y/n. Hey." Lauren said as she approached you.

"Lauren." You said as you stood up and pulled her in for a hug, "Look I'm sorry about earlier. We haven't seen each other how long? And I was acting like that." You apologized.

"Oh. No it's fine." She told you as you both sat down on the bench.

"I got bagels." You said holding the small paper bag slightly off the bench.

"Yeah I see that." She said.

"Can we just get to the point? I'm really eager to get the information." She said half heartedly.

"Yeah.. Sure." You said slowly.

"Okay." She said as she turned her body to face you, showing that you had all her attention.

"Me and Chris.. We.. We work in a business with Caylen and the rest of the guys right? Well we do missions on a daily basis. These missions.. They get us the money we earn. Now our jobs we have to do.. Are like- some of them aren't exactly safe.. Or legal." You explained. When you finished your last word her eyebrows furrowed.

"Sorry what- what're you tryna say?" She asked.

"I'm just gonna- Chris and I are gonna rob a bank." You blurted out quietly.

Her eyes widened and concern flashed in her eyes.

"You're what?!" She asked.

"I'm sorry, you deserved to know this a long time ago. But we couldn't. Chris really wanted to tell you, I swear." You tried to comfort her but it only got worse.

"You think I care about that now?! For god's sake Y/N! You're fucking robbi-" she yelled but you placed your index finger on her mouth.

"Shhhhhh- it's okay." You said as you pulled her in for a hug.

She was silent but you felt a damp area on your shoulder, making you very aware that she was crying.

"Everything will be fine." You told her.