C h a p t e r 2 2

You were saying goodbye to Lauren fir work but she stopped you from leaving, "wait."

"What?" You asked confused. She was still wearing your sweater, looking absolutely flawless, but at the same time it reminded you of Casey, especially her green eyes.

"Earlier- when I told you your sweater was comfy... You sort of zoned out. Was there something wrong?" She asked. She looked slightly afraid but mostly confused.

"What- no. Nothing was wrong.. I was just thinking of what Ally was gonna do because I'm late." You lied. The only reason behind the lie was other than Lauren, Casey was the only person you really fell in Love with. You didn't want to tell Lauren about Casey because no one wants to talk about past long term relationships, especially if you're in a good healthy relationship. Casey's father never liked you because he thought you were dangerous and a bad influence around her. So because of that, you both snuck around, secretly dating. The relationship went on for three months but ended on a sad note. Since that day, you haven't seen Casey and don't plan to see her or visit San Diego.

Your walk to work consisted thinking of Casey and wondering what she was doing that very moment.

"Hey- you're late. We need you upstairs- now." Ally said when she saw you enter the shop. You were shocked as you looked around to see all the people there. It wasn't full but there had been small groups of teenagers at almost every table.

Remembering what Ally had said, you quickly grabbed a note pad and made your way upstairs. No one seemed to sit upstairs but when you got up there, it was full. All the tables were taken by a bunch of teenage hipsters.

You looked around and a girl waved her hand at you. You walked to her table full of her friends, you were assuming.

"Hey guys- anyone up for ordering?" You asked all of them. Some if them nodded but the rest were on their phones.

They all got