C h a p t e r 2 0

The next time you opened your eyes, Lauren was facing you and she had her head resting on your chest. You looked at the digital clock next to the TV and sighed.

"Lauren." You said quietly. You moved her body gently hoping she would wake up. She stirred awake slowly and fluttered her beautiful eyes open.

"Lauren. I gotta go to work, babe." You told her. She groaned and clinged onto your arm. You laughed and kissed her forehead.

"Babe, really. I have to get ready." You told her, trying to get out of her grip.

"But I don't want you to leave. Stay here. You're warm." She said with a pouty face.

You got out of her embrace and stood up. You kissed her forehead and began walking to the hallway to get to your bedroom.

"Are you gonna shower?" She asked before you could leave the same room as her.

"Yeah.. Why?" You asked. She smirked and stood up. You knew what she was gonna say but still had an 'answer my question' look on your face.

"May I join you?" She asked in the most innocent voice and look. You thought about it for a second before walking toward your bedroom to get clothes. She followed closely behind you.

"Lauren, I don't know.. if that's a- you know...good idea." You tried to break to her easily and not hurt her.

"Nothings gonna happen. We'll shower and you'll leave for work." She told you simply before grabbing extra clothes and looking at you again for an answer.

"Nothings gonna happen?" You asked, not fully convinced. She nodded and this time a smile didn't plaster on her face so you figured she wasn't playing.

"Alright." You agreed and she squealed. Hopefully nothing was gonna happen.