C h a p t e r 9

"Flight 243- flight 243. Boarding now." The Woman on the intercom said.

You rubbed your eye with your free hand; your hand was wrapped around Lauren's shoulders.

"Babe." You said in a quiet raspy voice and slightly shaking her.

She stirred awake, fluttering her eyes open.

"Hey." You said quietly, "Our flight is boarding now."

She stood up and grabbed her suitcase. You did the same with your two suit cases.

"Passport." The blonde-blue-eyed lady asked you. You handed the small blue booklet and she stamped it.

The blonde did the same with Lauren's passport, handing it back to her afterwards.

You both walked onto the plane together and found your seats.

When she sat down next to you, she sighed.

"What's wrong?" You asked her.

"Nothing- just. Everything happened so quickly. Chris... And us- what are we? A couple? And then leaving my friends and family back in Miami. It's just kind of a lot to take in." She confessed.

"It'll be alright." You told her. She rested her head on your shoulder and you looked at her. You sighed in relief and kissed the top of her forehead, where her hairline was.

The whole flight, you stayed awake, not being able to sleep due to stress. Lauren slept the whole way to Canada.

When the plane landed, Lauren stirred awake, slightly confused at what was happening.

"Babe, we're here." You said as you rubbed her thigh.

She stretched her arms and yawned. She rubbed her eyes and gave you a lazy smile.

She had no makeup on, her eyes were tired, and her smile was hazy.

"You're really cute." You said before kissing her nose. She crinkled her nose up and pecked your lips.

A small ting noise went off and everyone got out of their chairs and grabbed their luggage.

You did the same, taking yours and Lauren's suit cases out.

When the both of you got off the plane you waited outside for the cab you called minutes before.

Lauren was rubbing her biceps, obviously cold. You took your varsity jacket off and put it on her. The sleeves hung loosely and were too big for her. She looked cute as fuck you thought.

A cab pulled up and it was empty so you decided to take it. You loaded yours and Lauren's stuff in the back of the black taxi.

The cab drove Lauren and You to a hotel uptown of Vancouver BC.

Lauren starred out her window the whole time, looking at all the art sculptures on the streets and the high architect buildings.

You arrived at the hotel shortly, giving the driver money and grabbing your luggage from the back.

You checked in and got yourself a seventh floor out of ten floors.

"Wow." Lauren said as she looked out the window.

You walked behind her and wrapped your arms around her waist. You followed where her eyes focused, assuming it landed on the Art Show sign across the street next to the Elizabeth Theatre.

"Let's go out.. Eat or something." You suggested.

"Sure." She said before turning around and wrapping her hands around your neck.

You smiled and leant forward, kissing her passionately.

She pulled away and you both looked into each others eyes, smiling.

"C'mon." She said as she grabbed your hand and lead you to the door.